Nettle syrup is commonly used for blood cleansing, but it’s also useful against allergies, inflammation and hypertension.
Those with asthma and skin problems, also find this juice effective.
Continue reading to find out how to make a delicious and energizing nettle syrup using only sparkling water and some ice.
Written below are two recipes for nettle syrup that you can drink everyday.
1. Nettle Syrup Easy Recipe
- Young Nettle Leaves – 1 kg
- Water- 2.5 liters
- Sugar- 500 g for every 500 ml of liquid
Wash the nettle leaves and then soak them in water. Simmer on medium heat for about an hour, adding water as needed. Strain, add sugar and stir until it melts completely. The resulting syrup can be poured into glass bottles leaving the leaves in the pan.
Now, add sugar and stir it until it is completely dissolved. The syrup is now ready, pour it in a glass jar and seal it.
2. Nettle Syrup with Lemon and Honey
- Fresh Young Nettle Leaves – 300-500 g
- Lemon Juice- 6 large lemons
- Sugar- 800 g
- Clover Honey- 5 spoonful
- Filtered Water- 1 liter
Tip: If you do not want to add this much sugar, you can replace about 300 grams of it with 1 kg of honey.
Start with the sugar syrup by pouring water into the saucepan and adding sugar; you can use half brown and half white sugar. Now, put the mixture on the stove and let it boil. Stir it occasionally and if foam gathers on the surface, remove it using a spoon. Once boiled, let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
Secondly, wash and cut your nettle leaves and put them in the bowl along with the sugar syrup. Cover the bowl with a small plate and press it with the help of a glass jar or a cup.
Let it cool down by leaving it there for 10 minutes, and then add lemon juice and honey. This time you’ll be able to use your hands for a better squeeze in order to separate the nettle leaves and syrup. Once you get the syrup filter it through sieve, if required (if you really want it clear).
At last, pour the syrup in sterilized bottles. Keeping them tightly shut, place the bottles in cold and dark place.
Juice is made by mixing ¼ cup syrup with ¾ cup of water. The syrup lasts for up to 6 months.
Nettle Leaves are known for their anti-inflammatory properties which can help against rheumatoid arthritis. The herb can also be used as natural remedy for various other ailments. They also promote survival of brain cells as shown in this study.
Honey, like nettle leaves, also offer a range of benefits to our body due to its unique composition of enzymes, amino acids, trace elements and others.
Lemon contains phytochemicals that help fight against cancer. In a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, lemons were found to inhibit liver-cancer cell growth.
- Hexavalent Chromium (Chromium-6) Was Just Found In 75% Of Drinking Water
Access to clean drinking water is a basic human right- or at least it should be. While there are many …
- Simple Hack To RIPEN Any Rock-Hard AVOCADO In Just 10 Minutes
There’s a reason why avocados taste so good : it’s all in their healthy fats and incredible nutritional profile (1). …
- Scientists In Amsterdam Just Destroyed Breast Cancer Tumors In 11 Days Without Chemo
For many women, breast cancer may seem like a death sentence. But scientists in Europe may have found a new …
- One of The Best Natural Cancer Treatments of All Time. And It’s FREE!
We’ve all heard that “laughter is the best medicine” but could it really be true? Medical studies have shown time …
- 6 Unexpected Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stop Eating Meat
Going vegetarian or not is ultimately a personal choice – there are advantages and disadvantages to a vegetarian diet, but …
- Top 7 Ways to Reduce Fluoride Exposure
In 1945, Grand Rapids, Michigan became the first US city to fluoridate the public water supply. The idea quickly caught …
- This Chart Tells You EXACTLY How Much Sleep You Need To Get According To Your Age
We all know at least one workaholic who sacrifices a few hours of sleep each night to stay productive and get …
- 6 Ways To Use Banana Peels To Fight Acne Naturally
People will go to great lengths to get good skin, often spending hundreds of dollars on skin products and dermatology …
- Artichokes Are Rich In Phytochemicals That Can Help Protect The Liver And Prevent Cancer
When most people plan out their daily meals, artichokes aren’t exactly a frequent feature – but maybe they should be. …
- This Garlic Syrup Is 10x More Powerful Than Penicillin And Treats Many Diseases Including Cancer
This amazing garlic syrup is something you should always keep on hand. Not only is it practical because its ingredients are inexpensive …
- Put Peppermint In Your Home And Say Goodbye To Spiders, Mice, And Other Unwanted Pests
If you live in the north, winter may actually be a welcomed break from the pesky rodents and insects that …
- Sauna Exposed: What Happens To Your Body After Using A Sauna
Saunas have a long history in Scandinavian health and culture. With over 2000 years of history and more saunas in …
- Numbers of Lawsuits Skyrocketing Against “The Most Financially Successful Drug of All Time”
Maybe it’s a coincidence. But probably not. After the patent for Lipitor expired in 2011, the Food and Drug Administration …
- 7 Surprising Sore Throat Remedies Hiding In Your Pantry
From air pollution that acts as an irritant to allergies and the frustrating common cold, the causes for developing a …
- 5 Surprising Health Benefits of Daydreaming
We spend an approximate 1/3 to 1/2 of our lives in daydreams, that’s why we’re awesome! Teachers, bosses, parents and …