Nettle syrup is commonly used for blood cleansing, but it’s also useful against allergies, inflammation and hypertension.
Those with asthma and skin problems, also find this juice effective.
Continue reading to find out how to make a delicious and energizing nettle syrup using only sparkling water and some ice.
Written below are two recipes for nettle syrup that you can drink everyday.
1. Nettle Syrup Easy Recipe
- Young Nettle Leaves – 1 kg
- Water- 2.5 liters
- Sugar- 500 g for every 500 ml of liquid
Wash the nettle leaves and then soak them in water. Simmer on medium heat for about an hour, adding water as needed. Strain, add sugar and stir until it melts completely. The resulting syrup can be poured into glass bottles leaving the leaves in the pan.
Now, add sugar and stir it until it is completely dissolved. The syrup is now ready, pour it in a glass jar and seal it.
2. Nettle Syrup with Lemon and Honey
- Fresh Young Nettle Leaves – 300-500 g
- Lemon Juice- 6 large lemons
- Sugar- 800 g
- Clover Honey- 5 spoonful
- Filtered Water- 1 liter
Tip: If you do not want to add this much sugar, you can replace about 300 grams of it with 1 kg of honey.
Start with the sugar syrup by pouring water into the saucepan and adding sugar; you can use half brown and half white sugar. Now, put the mixture on the stove and let it boil. Stir it occasionally and if foam gathers on the surface, remove it using a spoon. Once boiled, let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
Secondly, wash and cut your nettle leaves and put them in the bowl along with the sugar syrup. Cover the bowl with a small plate and press it with the help of a glass jar or a cup.
Let it cool down by leaving it there for 10 minutes, and then add lemon juice and honey. This time you’ll be able to use your hands for a better squeeze in order to separate the nettle leaves and syrup. Once you get the syrup filter it through sieve, if required (if you really want it clear).
At last, pour the syrup in sterilized bottles. Keeping them tightly shut, place the bottles in cold and dark place.
Juice is made by mixing ¼ cup syrup with ¾ cup of water. The syrup lasts for up to 6 months.
Nettle Leaves are known for their anti-inflammatory properties which can help against rheumatoid arthritis. The herb can also be used as natural remedy for various other ailments. They also promote survival of brain cells as shown in this study.
Honey, like nettle leaves, also offer a range of benefits to our body due to its unique composition of enzymes, amino acids, trace elements and others.
Lemon contains phytochemicals that help fight against cancer. In a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, lemons were found to inhibit liver-cancer cell growth.
- New Device Plugs Gunshot Wounds Within Seconds
The average adult has about five liters of blood, depending on size and weight. Gunshot wounds can cause a person …
- Doctors Refused to Give This Woman a Smear Test. 15 Months Later, She Died From Cervical Cancer…
Could you imagine being denied a medical test you requested all due to your age? For poor Sorcha Glenn, this …
- This Traditional Healing Recipe Fights Many Diseases Including Cancer And High Blood Pressure
The unique combination of ingredients used in this traditional healing drink can help you fight health conditions like asthma, impotence, cancer, arthritis, …
- Crunchy Zucchini Fritters with Avocado Dill Dip
Fried foods certainly have their appeal, but they aren’t exactly healthy or easy to make. In an effort to make …
- 14 Best Foods You Can Eat Every day To Cleanse Your Liver
If you owned a magnificent race car, no doubt you would do what is needed to keep it running in …
- Two Reasons You Should Get Up From Your Chair
There have been a few studies in the news lately about why it’s important not only to have an ergonomic …
- 5 Easy Ways to Prevent Kidney Disease
Kidney disease is the result of many factors including poor diet, alcohol overconsumption, and self-medication. You need to be careful of …
- Food as Medicine: How One Hospital Is Using Organic Produce to Help Heal Patients
In 431 B.C. Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” More than 2500 years later, we …
- She Needed a Blender For Her Cancer-Stricken Mother…What She Got Instead Will Warm Your Heart!
Juicing is one of those things that can help improve just about anyone’s health. It doesn’t matter how sick you are, …
- 12 Acne Trigger Foods to Avoid (Plus, 10 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Your Pimples)
Acne is an uncomfortable embarrassment most of us seek to avoid. From birth into our 50’s, we can all suffer …
- Do You Easily Get Annoyed By The Sound of Chewing? Apparently THIS Is The Reason Why!
Some people need to be in a quiet space to focus properly while others need absolute dead silence. If you …
- Alkalize Your Body and Fight Disease With These 10 Healing Foods
Survival is a complex and wonderful thing. Your body is constantly working to achieve its ideal pH level, temperature, and …
- Is Alcohol Destroying Your Diet
Trying to shed those excess pounds can be challenging, but for many people that harmless little tipple at the weekend …
- 10 Insanely Easy DIY Face Scrubs
Nothing feels better for your face than an occasional deep cleansing. Leaves you feeling refreshed, healthy, and nourished. When you can …
- How to Detox with a Coconut Oil Cleanse to Get Rid of Parasites, Viruses, and Fungal Infections
Coconut Oil Detox “Detox” is a word that flies around alternate medicine circles all the time. But what does that …