Your knees keep you mobile and strong throughout your life.
They’re also one of the first areas of your body affected by arthritis and injury.
Knee surgery is actually one of the most common inpatient procedures in the Unites States, with about 4.5 million Americans living with at least one fully replaced knee (1).
The best way to keep your knees healthy is to stretch daily, stay fit and eat well.
If you need a little extra boost or suffer from arthritis, drink this smoothie daily to improve the condition of your joints and ligaments.
Pineapple Joint Elixir
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- 0,25 Oz (7 gr) of cinnamon
- Two cups of pineapple chunks (sliced)
- 1 cup of instant oats
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1,5 Oz (40 gr) of crushed almonds
- 1,5 Oz (40 gr) of raw organic honey
- Cook the oatmeal as per package instructions and let it cool.
- Add the orange juice, cinnamon, honey and almonds into a blender and mix.
- Next, add pineapple and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Finally, add oatmeal and blend until smooth.
- Drink immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
After two weeks of daily consumption, your should feel less pain and inflammation throughout your body, joints included!
See also: anti inflammatory foods
How It Works
Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain which treats swelling and inflammation.
It is often used to reduce inflammation from tendinitis, sprains and strains, and other minor muscle injuries and can reduce pain caused by arthritis (2).
Almonds contain protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin E and immune-boosting alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which are all important in the treatment of arthritis and osteoarthritis (3).
Cinnamon has a mild analgestic affect and reduces swelling by acting against pro-inflammatory cytokines (4). The spice also prevents exercise-induced muscle soreness
Orange juice is high in vitamin C, which slows the wear and tear of joints by playing a key role in the formation of collagen, a key component of cartilage and bone (6).
Honey has natural anti-inflammatory compounds that work together to heal arthritis, and contribute to healing gout and other joint conditions (7). It also sweetens your smoothie and boosts your immune system.
Oats and other whole grains actually relieve inflammation. However, refine grains (like white flour) contribute to inflammation. Sports nutritionists actually suggest oatmeal as a post-workout snack to prevent joint and muscle pain (8).
- How To Quickly Remove Uric Acid Crystallization From Your Body To Prevent Gout And Joint Pain
The formation of uric acid crystals in your joints is a perfect example of poor lifestyle choices. Left unattended, it …
- 5 Worst Foods For Arthritis & Joint Pain
Managing arthritis can be a full-time job. There are certain activities and medication to be avoided to keep pain levels …
- The Tennis Ball Trick That Can Relieve Back, Neck Or Knee Pain In Seconds
Anyone who has ever received a massage from a registered therapist knows what sweet relief feels like. Sometimes we can’t …
- How To Make An Apple Cider Vinegar Soak To Treat Arthritis And Joint Pain
Arthritis can be debilitating. If you are used to being active, dealing with chronic inflammation, pain, and stiffness in your …
- 22 Home Remedies To Get Instant Relief From Knee Pain & 16 More Tips To Ease The Pain
Your knees are the most annoying and unpleasant areas to be affected by joint pain. Because you use your knees …
- Heal Your Neck Pain And Stiff Joints With This Homemade Essential Oils Cream
More than 50% of adults have had neck pain during the past year. Office worker are even more likely to …
- Turmeric Treats Arthritis Knee Pain Better Than Ibuprofen
The healing powers of turmeric are impressive. Many studies have already demonstrated how the spice can help fight fatty liver …
- 11 Worst Knee Pain Causes That Can’t Be Ignored
Knee pain is an extremely common ailment, with pain levels ranging from mildly annoying to severe and debilitating. Knee pain …
- 30 Science-Backed Foods That Will Physically Block Joint Pain And Inflammation
When we hear about arthritis, we often think of it as an age-related disease; so what does anti-inflammatory foods have to do …
- You Can Fight Arthritis With These Natural Herbs And Oils
Arthritis consists of more than 100 different conditions, including mild forms of tendinitis and bursitis as well as crippling rheumatoid …
- 11 Worst Arthritis Pain Mistakes Everyone Should Avoid
Arthritis pain is one of the most common conditions experienced by mankind, and to date is one of the least …
- 23 Best Yoga Poses for Neck Pain
According to recent estimates, somewhere around 10% adults are experiencing neck pain at any given time. (1) As much as 50% of …
- 19 Ways To Ease Pain From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) occurs when the nerves that run through a small space in the wrist become compressed. It’s …
- Grease Your Joints With These 5 Powerful Herbs (Kick Arthritis To The Curb!)
In pain? You’re not alone. There are so many ailments that can cause achy, stiff joints. While many people find help from …
- The Ultimate Knee Pain Treatment: 18 Yoga Poses for Stiff Knees
Knees are possibly the most important joints for mobility. They’re also the most prone to atrophy and injury, especially if …