Your knees keep you mobile and strong throughout your life.
They’re also one of the first areas of your body affected by arthritis and injury.
Knee surgery is actually one of the most common inpatient procedures in the Unites States, with about 4.5 million Americans living with at least one fully replaced knee (1).
The best way to keep your knees healthy is to stretch daily, stay fit and eat well.
If you need a little extra boost or suffer from arthritis, drink this smoothie daily to improve the condition of your joints and ligaments.
Pineapple Joint Elixir
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- 0,25 Oz (7 gr) of cinnamon
- Two cups of pineapple chunks (sliced)
- 1 cup of instant oats
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1,5 Oz (40 gr) of crushed almonds
- 1,5 Oz (40 gr) of raw organic honey
- Cook the oatmeal as per package instructions and let it cool.
- Add the orange juice, cinnamon, honey and almonds into a blender and mix.
- Next, add pineapple and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Finally, add oatmeal and blend until smooth.
- Drink immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
After two weeks of daily consumption, your should feel less pain and inflammation throughout your body, joints included!
See also: anti inflammatory foods
How It Works
Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain which treats swelling and inflammation.
It is often used to reduce inflammation from tendinitis, sprains and strains, and other minor muscle injuries and can reduce pain caused by arthritis (2).
Almonds contain protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin E and immune-boosting alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which are all important in the treatment of arthritis and osteoarthritis (3).
Cinnamon has a mild analgestic affect and reduces swelling by acting against pro-inflammatory cytokines (4). The spice also prevents exercise-induced muscle soreness
Orange juice is high in vitamin C, which slows the wear and tear of joints by playing a key role in the formation of collagen, a key component of cartilage and bone (6).
Honey has natural anti-inflammatory compounds that work together to heal arthritis, and contribute to healing gout and other joint conditions (7). It also sweetens your smoothie and boosts your immune system.
Oats and other whole grains actually relieve inflammation. However, refine grains (like white flour) contribute to inflammation. Sports nutritionists actually suggest oatmeal as a post-workout snack to prevent joint and muscle pain (8).
- High Intensity Endurance Workouts Could Damage Your Heart
Is your exercise routine causing serious damage to your heart? A recent article in The New York Times shed light …
- 11 Powerful Affirmations to Help Treat Depression and Anxiety
Affirmations are positive declarations and self-scripts meant to mold the subconscious into a more positive form. Lately, this new-age practice …
- If You Get Sinus Headaches or Constant Congestion You Need To Check For This Hidden Connection
Have you ever experienced a cold that just won’t quit? Even after symptoms of throat and chest pain subside, it …
- 5 Health Problems That Cause Insomnia
Insomnia is a common sleep problem that negatively affects your ability to either fall or stay asleep. It can be …
- Given 18 Months To Live, Cures Himself With Cannabis Oil
As time goes on and individuals’ stories unfold and are shared, the efficacy of cannabis as a treatment for cancer …
- 17 Best Memory Tricks To Keep Your Mind Sharp At Any Age!
Memory techniques are a core part of your daily routine when you’re in school. You needed them to help learn …
- How to Beat any Wintertime Dry Skin Rash
Our skin is not only the envelope that protects us and holds everything in, it’s our first physical interaction with …
- This Popular Children’s Medication ‘Is Basically Crystal Meth’ Warns Doctor
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, “Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a brain disorder marked by an ongoing pattern …
- This Anti-Insomnia Juice is The ONLY Sleeping Aid You’ll Ever Need
Finding it hard to have an 8 hour sleep? Perhaps you are the type that wakes up every forty-five minutes …
- Colon Cleanse: 3-Ingredient Juice To Effectively Flush Out Pounds of Toxins From Your Body!
Digestive issues typically involve the stomach and intestines, but there’s one important part of your digestive tract that’s too often …
- The Connection Between Stress and Oral Health
There has been an outpouring of information on the relationship between stress and health, but a frequently ignored result of …
- Too Much of This Ingredient Will Weaken Your Immune System
Your body has a very efficient system for protecting itself from outside “invaders” such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, etc. The …
- Natural Compound Found in Celery Offers “Promising Results” To People With High Blood Pressure
[mks_dropcap style=”square” size=”52″ bg_color=”#1e73be” txt_color=”#ffffff”]D[/mks_dropcap]r. Michael Murray, a leading authority on natural medicine, says a compound found in celery seed extract offers …
- 15 Ways To Reduce Endocrine Disruptors In Your Kitchen
When patients come to me for help in taking charge of their health, one of the essential changes I encourage …
- Mix Sea Salt with These 2 Oils For A Homemade Topical Painkiller
When muscle pain strikes, the first thing most people tend to reach for is ibuprofen. While nonprescription painkillers are a …