Illnesses. Sometimes they’re easy to cure, other times not so much. That being said, having to deal with several health problems at the same time can be quite a challenge. But it’s doable.
The following detox drink can cleanse and rid the body of toxins. It naturally helps you heal by speeding up your metabolism, burning extra fat, lowering blood pressure and most importantly, fighting diabetes. If you think that it is too good to be true, then try it out yourself and experience the positive results.
Recipe for an Incredible Detox Drink:
- Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 2 tablespoons
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice- 2 tablespoons
- Raw Honey- 1 tablespoon
- 12 to 16 oz or one glass of water
Preparation and Consumption Method:
Simply add all the ingredients together in a blender and mix them well. Drink the mixture first thing in the morning before having breakfast. Since it takes approximately only 2 minutes to prepare, do not store the drink. Instead, make one each day after waking up for best results. Drink this for at least 3 months or longer.
Now Here’s What’s in it.
Cinnamon is an excellent spice which is well-known for maintaining glucose level and improving insulin sensitivity in type II diabetic patients as stated in a study published in the ‘Proceedings of the Nutrition Society’ journal. It was found that after taking the Cr supplementation (a compound present in cinnamon); glucose, insulin, cholesterol and HbA1c levels were all improved in subjects with type II diabetes.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can lower blood pressure when consumed daily as it contains acetic acid – a compound known to decrease blood pressure or hypertension. The antihypertensive effects of acetic acid and vinegar were proven in a study published in ‘Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry’ journal in which the spontaneously hypertensive rats showed significant decrease in blood pressure and rennin activity when given acetic acid or vinegar.
Lemon Juice is a good source of flavonoids which are known for their antioxidant properties. Vitamin C is the most abundant antioxidant in lemon. Since it contains antioxidants, lemon juice helps fight free radicals in the body, thus strengthening our immune system. The antioxidant properties of lemons are supported in this study which showed that the lemon flavonoids suppressed oxidative stress in diabetic rats.
Honey offers numerous benefits to our body due to the presence of a variety of nutrients from enzymes, minerals and vitamins to polyphenols. This was supported by an article published in the ‘Journal of the American College of Nutrition’. In short, honey contains many health components that favor good health.
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- Mix Turmeric, Mango and Pineapple For a Delicious Smoothie Recipe
Turmeric is a great spice – distinctive yet versatile, it’s useful in all sorts of dishes, but isn’t usually used …
- Pack In Protein With These Chickpea Recipes
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are a super versatile, low fat, and high fiber protein source rich in important minerals like phosphorus …
- How To Make Any Greens Taste Good In Under 10 minutes And 4 Other Recipes Worth Trying
Dark, leafy greens are amongst one the most nutrient-packed vegetables on Earth. Most people have a hard time getting enough …
- 4 Aloe Vera-Based Drinks To Boost Your Immune System
Aloe vera has a great reputation for its many topical uses, and is also a popular houseplant due to its …
- Fermenting Turmeric In a Naturally Carbonated Soda Increases Its Bioavailability (Try This Recipe!)
We know about the potential health benefits of turmeric, a popular Indian spice that has been shown to have potent …
- 3 Drinks To Detox Your Liver And Flush Out Fat
Food additives, over-the-counter pills, stress and environmental toxins are all things that can harm your liver. This is the reason why …
- This Blueberry-Coconut Smoothie Is Both Tasty And a Powerful Tool In Your Weight Loss Arsenal
Smoothies are a great way to start your day – perfect for breakfast or a midday snack, they’re often loaded …
- Drink This Probiotic-Rich Lemonade To Boost Your Immune System And Improve Gut Health
There’s no drink more appropriate on a warm sunny day than a tall glass of lemonade, especially when citrus fruits …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Drink This Homemade Syrup To Help Loosen Up Chest Phlegm and Expel It Out of Your Body
The worst part of a bad chest cold is probably the feeling of congestion you get in your chest, and …
- This Insanely Delicious Cauliflower Recipe Mixes 7 Powerful Spices To Supercharge Your Body
Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else in the gender spectrum, I present to you: The Queen Of Cauliflower. Make it for …
- Researchers Come Across Very “Appealing” Juice…What it Does to Your Blood Pressure is Astounding!
Are you looking to replace blood pressure-lowering drugs with natural, diet-based solutions? Complimenting past findings, recent research reveals that drinking …
- Drink This Ancient Detox Tea To Cleanse The Liver, Boost Memory and Reduce Muscle Pain
There’s no shortage of recipes for detoxifying teas and other beverages, but unlike many, this recipe has withstood the test …
- The Only 2 Reasons You’ll Ever Need to Add Cinnamon Oil to Everything You Eat
Cinnamon is a common spice that has been used medicinally for hundreds of years, and with good reason – studies …