Illnesses. Sometimes they’re easy to cure, other times not so much. That being said, having to deal with several health problems at the same time can be quite a challenge. But it’s doable.
The following detox drink can cleanse and rid the body of toxins. It naturally helps you heal by speeding up your metabolism, burning extra fat, lowering blood pressure and most importantly, fighting diabetes. If you think that it is too good to be true, then try it out yourself and experience the positive results.
Recipe for an Incredible Detox Drink:
- Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 2 tablespoons
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice- 2 tablespoons
- Raw Honey- 1 tablespoon
- 12 to 16 oz or one glass of water
Preparation and Consumption Method:
Simply add all the ingredients together in a blender and mix them well. Drink the mixture first thing in the morning before having breakfast. Since it takes approximately only 2 minutes to prepare, do not store the drink. Instead, make one each day after waking up for best results. Drink this for at least 3 months or longer.
Now Here’s What’s in it.
Cinnamon is an excellent spice which is well-known for maintaining glucose level and improving insulin sensitivity in type II diabetic patients as stated in a study published in the ‘Proceedings of the Nutrition Society’ journal. It was found that after taking the Cr supplementation (a compound present in cinnamon); glucose, insulin, cholesterol and HbA1c levels were all improved in subjects with type II diabetes.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can lower blood pressure when consumed daily as it contains acetic acid – a compound known to decrease blood pressure or hypertension. The antihypertensive effects of acetic acid and vinegar were proven in a study published in ‘Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry’ journal in which the spontaneously hypertensive rats showed significant decrease in blood pressure and rennin activity when given acetic acid or vinegar.
Lemon Juice is a good source of flavonoids which are known for their antioxidant properties. Vitamin C is the most abundant antioxidant in lemon. Since it contains antioxidants, lemon juice helps fight free radicals in the body, thus strengthening our immune system. The antioxidant properties of lemons are supported in this study which showed that the lemon flavonoids suppressed oxidative stress in diabetic rats.
Honey offers numerous benefits to our body due to the presence of a variety of nutrients from enzymes, minerals and vitamins to polyphenols. This was supported by an article published in the ‘Journal of the American College of Nutrition’. In short, honey contains many health components that favor good health.
- Here’s How To Make Your Own Kombucha Tea (You’ll Love This Probiotic-Rich Beverage!)
Kombucha is a fermented tea drink that has been gaining popularity recently due to many claims about its health-promoting properties. …
- Easy And Delicious Apple Pancake Recipe
Available almost anywhere and relatively inexpensive, apples are an ideal fruit to bake with. Many pastry recipes feature apples – …
- 27 Must-Try Avocado Recipes for You and Your Family
Avocados are a health nut’s favorite fruit, and rightly so. Packed with nutrients, delicious fats, filling fiber, and creamy goodness, …
- 5 Energy-Boosting Chia Seed Recipes
Chia seeds contain more plant-based omega-3 fatty acids than flax seeds, and have also been traditionally used as a source …
- This 3-Ingredient Homemade Syrup Helps Relieve Sore Throat and Cough
A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your …
- Refreshing Homemade Ginger Ale to Help You Deal With Migraines And Inflammation
Ginger is a versatile, cheap, and easy-to-find spice that can be used in all sorts of recipes, but most importantly …
- Have You Ever Tried ‘Hummoli’? This Dip Has Chickpeas, Avocado, Olive Oil, and More Healthy Ingredients!
Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle. With so many unhealthy options available at …
- Beyond Guacamole: 6 Creative Avocado Recipes
Avocados are a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats, as well as a number of vitamins and minerals. You’re probably most …
- Boost Immunity With These Coconut Oil Recipes!
The health benefits of coconut oil are getting a lot of press these days in the natural health community. Coconut …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- Drink This Homemade Syrup To Help Loosen Up Chest Phlegm and Expel It Out of Your Body
The worst part of a bad chest cold is probably the feeling of congestion you get in your chest, and …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- Chocolate Avocado Cookies FILLED With Cancer-Fighting, Waistline-Busting Ingredients
Most cookies are made up of wheat and sugar, two of the most harmful foods on the market. Whether they’re …
- Dairy-free, Inflammation-BUSTING Chocolate Mousse Recipe With Avocado, Coconut Milk and Cacao
It can be hard to find desserts that satisfy your cravings without sacrificing your health. Most desserts contain high levels …
- It Was Hard To Snack Healthy Until I Tried These 16 Delicious Metabolism-Boosting Ideas
The foods you eat between meals are just as important. Snack on the wrong foods and your health will suffer. …