Illnesses. Sometimes they’re easy to cure, other times not so much. That being said, having to deal with several health problems at the same time can be quite a challenge. But it’s doable.
The following detox drink can cleanse and rid the body of toxins. It naturally helps you heal by speeding up your metabolism, burning extra fat, lowering blood pressure and most importantly, fighting diabetes. If you think that it is too good to be true, then try it out yourself and experience the positive results.
Recipe for an Incredible Detox Drink:
- Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 2 tablespoons
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice- 2 tablespoons
- Raw Honey- 1 tablespoon
- 12 to 16 oz or one glass of water
Preparation and Consumption Method:
Simply add all the ingredients together in a blender and mix them well. Drink the mixture first thing in the morning before having breakfast. Since it takes approximately only 2 minutes to prepare, do not store the drink. Instead, make one each day after waking up for best results. Drink this for at least 3 months or longer.
Now Here’s What’s in it.
Cinnamon is an excellent spice which is well-known for maintaining glucose level and improving insulin sensitivity in type II diabetic patients as stated in a study published in the ‘Proceedings of the Nutrition Society’ journal. It was found that after taking the Cr supplementation (a compound present in cinnamon); glucose, insulin, cholesterol and HbA1c levels were all improved in subjects with type II diabetes.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can lower blood pressure when consumed daily as it contains acetic acid – a compound known to decrease blood pressure or hypertension. The antihypertensive effects of acetic acid and vinegar were proven in a study published in ‘Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry’ journal in which the spontaneously hypertensive rats showed significant decrease in blood pressure and rennin activity when given acetic acid or vinegar.
Lemon Juice is a good source of flavonoids which are known for their antioxidant properties. Vitamin C is the most abundant antioxidant in lemon. Since it contains antioxidants, lemon juice helps fight free radicals in the body, thus strengthening our immune system. The antioxidant properties of lemons are supported in this study which showed that the lemon flavonoids suppressed oxidative stress in diabetic rats.
Honey offers numerous benefits to our body due to the presence of a variety of nutrients from enzymes, minerals and vitamins to polyphenols. This was supported by an article published in the ‘Journal of the American College of Nutrition’. In short, honey contains many health components that favor good health.
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- How To Make Alkaline Water To Fight Fatigue, Digestive Issues And Cancer
Is alkaline water good for you? A healthy body should always be slightly alkaline. The majority of people today, however, tend to …
- Simple Avocado Pudding That Can Balance Hormones, Boost Metabolism, And Fight Disease
When we think of pudding, we think of something sweet, creamy, and decadent. This recipe is all of that—except decadent. …
- Curb Sugar Cravings With This Homemade Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water
Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- The Fat-Burning Coconut Cookies you Can Eat for Breakfast to Boost Your Metabolism
There are few things more satisfying than a good-for-you cookie. As health-conscious people, we forego junk food and added sugars …
- This Powerful Tea Is The Best Remedy For Swollen Legs
If you have ever experienced swelling in your legs (or your hands or feet for that matter) you know how …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- Ginger, Honey and Cinnamon Mixture to Reverse Inflammation, Colds, Flu, Cramps, Diabetes And Cancer
Tea is often the first thing we reach for when we aren’t feeling well. While green tea has many benefits, …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
drinksTurmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …