Mold is everywhere, whether you can see it or not. These microscopic fungi flourish not only in the bathroom but in food, dust, air ducts, washing machines, and other inconspicuous places.
Getting rid of mold is a very good idea.
Mold toxicity can manifest in many ways. The most obvious is an allergic reaction: sneezing, watery eyes, sore throat, cough, and the onset of asthmatic episodes. Other symptoms aren’t as conspicuous:
- Auto-immune issues
- Blurred vision
- Gastrointestinal distress and food sensitivities
- Joint pain
- Moodiness and depression
- Neurocognitive problems: brain fog, confusion, memory loss
- Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- Sensitivity to light
- Skin irritation
- Sleep issues
- Weight fluctuation
Chronic illness has been associated with long-term exposure to mold:
“…storage of mycotoxins occurs in variety of tissues [sic]…lungs, spleen and lymph nodes…Prior exposure to toxic mold and mycotoxins may represent an important feature of chronically ill patients such as CFS [chronic fatigue syndrome] as well as those with CRS [chronic rhinosinusitis]. An internal reservoir of toxin producing mold (e.g., sinuses) that persists in biofilms could produce and release mycotoxins.” (1)
Once mold has taken long-term residence inside the human body, it doesn’t like to leave. “Sick building syndrome” is often the culprit and the study cited above found that people with chronic conditions stemming from mold exposure didn’t get better after being removed from the environment—even years later. A mycologist (biologist specializing in fungi) explains:
“Macrocyclic trichothecenes are highly toxic compounds with a potent ability to inhibit protein synthesis… In addition, the fungus produces nine phenylspirodrimanes (spirolactones and spirolactams) and cyclosporin, which are potent immunosuppressive agents…these compounds could be pathogenicity factors involved in pulmonary hemorrhage in infants…Penicillium andStachybotrys species may be associated with sick building syndrome… occupants developed fatigue, headaches, chest tightness, mucous membrane irritation and pulmonary disease…researchers concluded that a mycotoxin-induced effect was a likely cause of disease.” (2)
For every living thing, there is a predator.
Oil from the leaves of Maleleuca Alternifoli—the tea tree—is known for its antiseptic properties. In its native Australia, leaves were crushed and applied to skin wounds by Aborigines long before Western science existed. Tea tree oil is a very effective fungicide; it can be used to kill foot and fingernail fungi, candida, dandruff, and even those on household and outdoor plants. (4) It also quickly kills the most commonly-found household molds. (5)
The recipe below is as simple as it gets for ridding surfaces of potentially harmful fungi.
Tea Tree Oil Mold SprayYou'll need:
- 1 spray bottle
- 2 teaspoons tea tree oil
- 2 cups water
- Pour water and tea tree oil in spray bottle, affix sprayer, and shake to mix.
- Once settled, spray to cover spread of mold. Do not rinse. All the mold will be dead in 24 hours. If there is residual staining, wash with a natural abrasive like baking soda or borax.
- Use regularly in spots where fungi develop to keep them under control.
If you suspect you may be experiencing mold toxicity, click here for suggestions on what you can do to eliminate it.
- Science Proves Himalayan Salt Lamps Fight Anxiety and Depression
If you’ve already made the switch to Himalayan salt in the kitchen, why not take it a step further? Large …
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …