Your lymphatic system plays an important role in helping your body get rid of waste and toxins. One of its main function is to transport lymph throughout your body. Lymph is a clear-to-white fluid made of: White blood cells, especially lymphocytes, the cells that attack bacteria in the blood.
And lymph nodes are the filters along the lymphatic system. Their job is to filter out and trap bacteria, viruses, cancer cells, and other unwanted substances, and to make sure they are safely eliminated from the body. (1)
Aside from exercising and rebounding, dry skin brushing ranks among the top techniques used for stimulating your lymphatic system. It’s effective and cheap.
How Does Dry Skin Brushing Work?
The largest organ for detoxifying the body is your skin. In fact, almost a third of your body’s toxins are expelled through your skin’s pores (2). Dry skin brushing unclogs pores, which in turn allows your body to excrete toxins that would otherwise be trapped.
Dry Skin Brushing: How To Do It
- Purchase a natural bristle brush. (the longer the handle the easier it’ll be to use on your back)
- Remove all clothes and stand naked in a bathtub. (this will save you time on cleaning up the dead skin)
- Start brushing at your feet and move in long sweeping motions toward your heart. (always brush toward your heart)
- Brush several times in each area, overlapping as you go.
- Take care as you brush over more sensitive areas, like breasts. Your skin will become less sensitive the more you dry brush.
- Once you’ve brushed your entire body, jump in the shower.
- After getting out of the shower, pat dry skin and apply rose hip or coconut oil.
Try to do this twice a day for best results. Once in the morning and a second time in the evening. (3)
Health Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing
- Stimulate Your Lymphatic System
- Increase Circulation
- Reduce Cellulite – “When we’d heard dry skin brushing was an effective method for reducing cellulite, we knew we had to include it in our anti-cellulite road test. Sure enough, it was indeed one of the more successful ways to smooth away less-than-perfect spots on your legs.” (4)
- Stress Relief
- Improve Digestion and Kidney Function – “…many naturopathic doctors use dry brushing to help with bloating because massaging the lymph nodes helps the body shed excess water and toxins. One of the immediate effects of dry brushing is smoother skin, but it can also help improve digestion, kidney function, and more.” (5)
- Less Than 1 Tsp of Ginger and Cinnamon Daily Can Help Relieve Muscle Soreness In Athletes
Muscle soreness and fatigue are two major deterrents for people who exercise at a high intensity. Many well-intentioned workout resolutions …
- This Old School Russian Remedy Will Clean Out Your Liver With Only ONE Ingredient!
We find ourselves damaging our liver almost all the time; eating all the wrong foods and indulging in bad habits. …
- Hair dyes are FILLED with 5,000 Types of Cancer-Causing Chemicals! Use THIS instead.
As men and women age, many choose to dye their hair to hide their graying locks. It may seem like …
- Largest Medical Fraud Takedown In American History: More Than 400 Doctors, Nurses And Pharmacists Arrested For Health Care And Opioid Scams Worth $1.3 Billion
Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Thursday (July 13th, 2017) that federal prosecutors charged more than 400 people (doctors, nurses and …
- This Pain-Free Breastfeeding Technique Is Something Every Mom Should Know But Doesn’t
A big part of successful breastfeeding is being relaxed. Unfortunately, most breastfeeding positions women are taught today don’t allow for …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- The Leaves of Soursop Are 1000 Times Stronger at Killing Cancer Cells Than Chemotherapy
Graviola, or soursop, is a tropical fruit native to South America and the Caribbean. Known also as custard apple (THAT …
- This Is What Adult Coloring Books Can Do For You And Why Millions Swear By It!
Who says coloring books are just for kids? The adult coloring book craze is one that’s sweeping the globe – …
- 14 Houseplants That Thrive In Low Light
While most plants crave plenty of natural light, for indoor plant lovers, it’s not always feasible to have these sun-loving …
- The Scientific Power of Naps
Studies have found different benefits—and detriments—to a nap’s timing, duration and even effect on different people, depending on one’s age …
- Bionic Ear Delivers DNA to Regrow Auditory Nerve Cells
It’s been many years since the $6-million man showed us what technology can do for the human body; at the …
- Top 10 Ways To Use Coconut Oil To Protect Your Hair And Skin From Harsh Cosmetic Products
Coconut Oil rocks on its own. It’s a serious “jack of all trades” that can easily be used for your hair …
- Are You Damaging Your Teeth By Brushing Them?
Strong, white teeth are a god indicator of a healthy lifestyle. However, recent studies have indicated that brushing your teeth …
- Get Rid of Foot Pain in Minutes With These 6 Effective Stretches
In Reflexology, the feet are the center of the body: all energy meridians used in acupuncture flow through the feet. …
- Important Facts You Should Know Before You Start Cracking Your Knuckles (Or Neck)
In an interview, chiropractor Dr. JaDean Anderson recommended that if you routinely crack your knuckles (neck, foot, elbow, etc.) that …