How do you like your ginger?
Do you stir-fry it, bake with it, or steep it as a tea?
There are endless ways to enjoy this much-loved spice, with new recipes popping up constantly.
If you don’t feel like preparing a ginger-filled meal or cup of tea every time you feel a little ill, there is a way to prepare and all-healing syrup that can be stored for weeks in your refrigerator.
The Healing Properties of Ginger
While ginger is most well-known as a cure for stomach ailments like motion sickness, morning sickness, colic, upset stomach, gas, and diarrhea, it has a multitude of other benefits that aren’t as well appreciated (1).
Ginger has the ability to decrease aortic atherosclerotic lesion, lower plasma triglycerides, and cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL). It also has the ability to inhibit cholesterol biosynthesis (2).
The spice has also proven to help manage diabetes by increasing glucose tolerance, and increasing insulin production. Researchers have also found promising colon cancer-preventing compound in the mighty root.
The Journal of Arthritis and Rheumatism published a study that found that two varieties of ginger, Zingiber officinale and Alpinia galanga, moderately reduced knee pain while standing and walking as well as general chronic pain from osteoarthritis (3).
All-Healing Ginger Syrup
Just take a spoonful when your joints are sore or your stomach isn’t right.
- 200 grams ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup of sparkling water
- 7 teaspoons organic honey
- 2 cups filtered water
- Boil the filtered water in a small saucepan and add ginger.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat, and steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain the ginger chunks from the water.
- Make syrup by combining half a cup of ginger water with the sparkling water, lime juice, and honey.
- How To Do a 3-Day Sugar Detox to ACCELERATE Fat Loss And Improve Your Mood!
Everybody gets a sweet tooth every once in a while, but it’s easy for these cravings to develop into full-blown …
- The World’s #1 Food For Heart Attack, Hypertension, Stroke And Cholesterol
Dates aren’t the most attractive fruit, but they certainly are sweet and nutritious. Studies show that this amazing fruit has …
- Top 6 Health Benefits of Magnesium
You probably already know a lot about the other vitamins and minerals that are crucial to your overall optimal health, …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat 4X Faster, Prevent Cancer, Improve Energy And Remove Toxins
Most tea can be found either in tea bag or loose leaf form. Occasionally, it can also be fermented and …
- Do Not Use Apple Cider Vinegar If You’re On Any Of These Medications
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Our bodies are complex organisms that are constantly moving, with chemicals acting and interacting. Sometimes …
- 7 Day Alkaline Diet Plan to Fight Inflammation and Disease
Although the alkaline diet may seem like the latest celebrity craze, you shouldn’t dismiss it so quickly. Forget how you …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- The First U.S. School District to Begin Serving Only Organic, GMO-Free Meals
Hail to the trailblazers! No one would argue the importance of nutrition, especially for children. As their bodies develop, they …
- Soak Chia Seeds To Supercharge Your Metabolism, Burn Fat And Fight Inflammation
You may have heard about chia pets, the adorable children’s toy made from sprouted seeds. These beloved toys are actually …
- 92 Alkaline Foods That Fight Cancer, Inflammation, Diabetes and Heart Disease
Human life, just like all life on earth, depends on appropriate pH levels in and around living organisms and cells. …