As you age, your skin begins to change in ways you probably won’t enjoy. Whether it be liver spots wrinkles or spider veins; skin aging is the #1 thing women wish they could avoid.
Although natural remedies can’t give you back the firmness or look you had in your 20s, they can significantly improve the health and appearance of your skin.
What Are Varicose Veins?
As you get older, your veins can lose elasticity causing them to stretch.
The valves in your veins may become weak, allowing blood that should be moving toward your heart to flow backward. Blood pools in your veins, and your veins enlarge and become varicose. via MayoClinic
Some pregnant women also develop varicose veins. Pregnancy increases the volume of blood in your body, but decreases the flow of blood from your legs to your pelvis.
What Tomatoes Can Do For Your Skin…
Tomatoes contain vitamins C, E and A (1), as well as beta-carotene, which are all important nutrients for skin health (2).
Drizzle them with a bit of olive oil for some skin-healthy omega-3 essential fatty acids.
One of the carotenes tomatoes contain is lycopene, which has been proven to fight cancer and provide protection against acute and potentially longer-term aspects of photodamage (3).
After being ingested, lycopene can be detected in the skin (4). This suggests that it may also be absorbed through the skin if used topically (5).
How To Use Tomatoes For Varicose Veins
There’s a popular Russian remedy that says to place slices of red tomatoes on varicose veins and bandage them into place. They should be left on 3-4 hours at a time, 5 times a day until the veins are no longer visible.
Realistically, it’s easier to incorporate more tomatoes into your diet and coat your varicose veins with a tomato-based skin mask.
Here’s how you make it:
- 1 tomato
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Squeeze out the juice of the tomato and lemon into a glass bowl.
- Whisk in the oil and honey until smooth.
- Apply this mixture lightly on your skin & refrigerate any remaining mix.
- Let it sit for about thirty minutes. You can place plastic wrap over the skin and bandage it into place to avoid staining your clothes.
- Rinse off the mixture with cold water.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- For best results, repeat the mask 2-3 times a day for two weeks or more.
Just remember that how you look on the outside says a lot about what’s going on on the inside.
- Winter Warning: Always Shovel The Snow From The Back of Your Car First (It Could Save Your Life!)
You’ve probably never thought about it. But every year, dozens of people die from this during the winter. The culprit …
- Annie’s Sells Out to GMO Giant General Mills. Here’s What You’re Not Being Told.
Health- and environmentally-conscious consumers look specifically for natural and organic foods at the grocery store. When we find something we …
- Lots of People Have Food Allergies – You Could Too
The gluten-free health trend has swept the nation but that’s not the only food allergy around. Believe it or not, …
- Put Peppermint In Your Home And Say Goodbye To Spiders, Mice, And Other Unwanted Pests
If you live in the north, winter may actually be a welcomed break from the pesky rodents and insects that …
- 12 Types of Pain That Are Directly Linked To Emotional States
You may have noticed that people who are often ill tend to be pretty negative. Of course, it’s hard to …
- 6 Heart-Healthy Foods That Will Help Keep Your Arteries Clean
There are many risk factors at play when it comes to the development of cardiovascular disease – and our understanding …
- Sweden Bans Mandatory Vaccinations Over ‘Serious Health Concerns’
There’s no denying it: vaccines a controversial issue. On one hand, they have saved the lives of countless children and …
- New Federal Study Links Monsanto Chemicals To Widespread Liver Disease In Poisoned Southern Town (Anniston, Alabama)
Mention Monsanto these days and you are sure to get a reaction from almost anyone. The American multinational agrochemical and …
- What Happens If You Drink Water With Honey On An Empty Stomach!
Honey is often used to enhance the flavor of hot and cold beverages. It’s also used to increase the nutritional value …
- 5 Warning Signs of Nutritional Deficiency You Can’t Miss
Although the human body can be hard to decipher sometimes, certain signs come out crystal clear. In the case of …
- She Puts Baking Soda and Essential Oils in a Glass Container…The Result Is Amazing!
Try as you may to keep your home smelling great, certain factors may occasionally leave a trail of stench that …
- Ex-Pharma Sales Rep Reveals Shady Practices of Pharmaceutical Drug Companies
Many people rely on medications supplied by pharmaceutical companies to manage pain, mental health conditions, and even to survive. But …
- This Fat Flush Water Recipe Helps You Lose Weight By Getting Rid of Toxins Stored In Fat Cells
There’s no denying that eating a healthy diet and exercising are the two best things you can do to burn …
- WATCH: Shocking Video Shows How Unhealthy Eating Habits From Childhood Can Be Dangerous
A short film released recently by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is looking to make a point about the impact that …
- 21 Surprising Uses For Lemons That You Haven’t Tried Yet, But Should
There’s a reason why cleaning products often smell like lemon. This little citrus fruit works as a powerful cleaner and …