As you age, your skin begins to change in ways you probably won’t enjoy. Whether it be liver spots wrinkles or spider veins; skin aging is the #1 thing women wish they could avoid.
Although natural remedies can’t give you back the firmness or look you had in your 20s, they can significantly improve the health and appearance of your skin.
What Are Varicose Veins?
As you get older, your veins can lose elasticity causing them to stretch.
The valves in your veins may become weak, allowing blood that should be moving toward your heart to flow backward. Blood pools in your veins, and your veins enlarge and become varicose. via MayoClinic
Some pregnant women also develop varicose veins. Pregnancy increases the volume of blood in your body, but decreases the flow of blood from your legs to your pelvis.
What Tomatoes Can Do For Your Skin…
Tomatoes contain vitamins C, E and A (1), as well as beta-carotene, which are all important nutrients for skin health (2).
Drizzle them with a bit of olive oil for some skin-healthy omega-3 essential fatty acids.
One of the carotenes tomatoes contain is lycopene, which has been proven to fight cancer and provide protection against acute and potentially longer-term aspects of photodamage (3).
After being ingested, lycopene can be detected in the skin (4). This suggests that it may also be absorbed through the skin if used topically (5).
How To Use Tomatoes For Varicose Veins
There’s a popular Russian remedy that says to place slices of red tomatoes on varicose veins and bandage them into place. They should be left on 3-4 hours at a time, 5 times a day until the veins are no longer visible.
Realistically, it’s easier to incorporate more tomatoes into your diet and coat your varicose veins with a tomato-based skin mask.
Here’s how you make it:
- 1 tomato
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Squeeze out the juice of the tomato and lemon into a glass bowl.
- Whisk in the oil and honey until smooth.
- Apply this mixture lightly on your skin & refrigerate any remaining mix.
- Let it sit for about thirty minutes. You can place plastic wrap over the skin and bandage it into place to avoid staining your clothes.
- Rinse off the mixture with cold water.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- For best results, repeat the mask 2-3 times a day for two weeks or more.
Just remember that how you look on the outside says a lot about what’s going on on the inside.
- These Foods Make Cancer Cells Grow In Your Body! Stop Eating Them Right Now!
We’ve come to know, through medical research and ancestral wisdom, that there are foods that contain certain nutrients that prevent …
- Man Diagnosed with Terminal Lung Cancer Heals Himself with Honey and Spices
Thirteen years ago, Croatian doctors told Ante Kresich that his lung cancer was beyond treatment and to get things in …
- According to Scientists, This is The Most Relaxing Tune Ever Recorded
This eight minute relaxing tune is a beautiful combination of arranged harmonies, rhythms and bass lines and thus helps to …
- How One Woman Dealt With Her Skin Cancer At Home – Using Coconut Oil And Baking Soda
Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and although it protects you from harm every day, many people …
- 10 WORST Breakfast Foods For Your Waistline
Eating a bad breakfast is worse than not eating breakfast at all. This is because a poorly balanced meal gets …
- Selfie Addiction Linked to Narcissism, Low Self Esteem & Mental Illness
An award for everything, the word “selfie” won last year’s Oxford English Dictionary’s word of the year: “a photograph that …
- The American Sugar Consumption
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past decade, chances are you’ve heard or read something about sugar …
- 87 Low-Carb Vegetables That Will Make Weight Loss Easy
Eating your vegetables seems to be a pretty straightforward way of improving your health and losing weight. Processed foods have …
- Use These One-Ingredient Solutions To Make Your House Bug-Free (Without Chemicals)
Bug infestations can quickly go from mildly annoying to unmanageable. It can be embarrassing to have friends and family over …
- Black Pepper And Turmeric – The Combination That Could Save Lives
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diseases that can affect both men and women. Although breast cancer itself …
- WikiLeaks: Alcohol Industry Bribed Congress To Denounce Cannabis
Recreational cannabis use is on its way to becoming as widespread as alcohol. Top alcohol companies aren’t pleased with the …
- Use This Homemade Probiotic Deodorant To Rebalance The Good Bacteria On Your Skin
“Probiotic” is talked about so much in health food and health blog circles that it can start to seem like a …
- Socially Conscious Vegan Condoms are The New Hotness
How to do what comes naturally with a natural contraceptive and help others avoid life-threatening disease all at the same …
- 7 Everyday Items That Are Actually Harmful
Everyday people perform a variety of common tasks that seem normal. Many of these everyday things are actually hurting us. …
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why Having a Cat is Good For Your Health
Who doesn’t love having a pet in their lives? Whether it’s a dog or a cat, having someone around to …