Your long-term health doesn’t come down to how many diets you’ve been on or how many time’s you’ve gone on vacation : it all comes down to the little things you do every day to improve your wellbeing.
These little habits start the moment you wake up and follow you throughout the day until the moment you fall asleep.
One of the best ways to kick-start your daily routine is by drinking a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey before having your morning coffee.
Honey contains polyphenols, antioxidants that protect cells against free radical damage. These active compounds also reduce your risk of serious medical conditions like heart disease and cancer. Eating honey is a safe way to increase the level of antioxidants in your blood (1).
Honey is a common wound treatment in traditional medicine practices worldwide. Enzymes found in honey actually produce hydrogen peroxide to kill bad bacteria. “Medical-grade” honey can even fight the antibiotic-resistant bacteria that are responsible for several life-threatening infections (2).
Honey, particularly manuka honey, has the ability to fight dental plaque and gingivitis to keep your gums clean and healthy if taken after a meal. Taking it before a meal may have similar effects (3).
The acetic acid in ACV works on a cellular level to stabilize your blood sugar levels. If taken before a meal, vinegar can help prevent postprandial hyperglycemia and increase insulin-stimulated glucose uptake by your muscles (4).
Not only can vinegar help manage blood sugar levels, it also has a positive effect on cholesterol and insulin sensitivity. Additionnaly, ACV improves digestion and increases satiety if taken before a meal. Consuming it regularly will even promote weight loss and detox.
How to Take ACV and Honey
It’s important to take honey and ACV on an empty stomach to encourage prompt digestion. It will also kick-start your metabolism and encourage stomach acid production to improve the digestion of your first meal of the day.
Talk to your doctor before taking this mixture since it can interfere with prescription medication and affect potassium levels as well as bone density in at-risk individuals.
- 1tsp raw organic honey
- 1 tbsp raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix all the ingredients in a tall glass.
- Drink at least 20 minutes before breakfast.
- 6 Surprising Ways To Use Garlic In The Garden
As you probably already know, eating garlic is good for you. What you probably didn’t know is that it can also be …
- 10 Signs That You Aren’t Taking Care of Yourself
Attaining inner peace is perhaps one of life’s greatest challenges. As social creatures, we depend on others to survive and …
- If You Ever Get Stuck In a Sinking Car, THIS Is What You MUST Do To Survive!
The idea of drowning is terrifying. Sadly, in many cases, drownings could have been easily avoided if the victim had …
- Cellular Garbage Contributes to Neurodegenerative Diseases
Nature thinks of everything. A new study outlines the discovery of a family of proteins in the body–termed CUET, for …
- Don’t Spend Your Money On Pedicure, Two Ingredients from Your Kitchen Can Make Your Feet Look Nice
When it comes to skincare, your hands and face are always the ones being spoiled with luxurious creams and treatments. …
- Tobacco Smokes The World
You can say that cigarettes help you cope with the stress of daily life, calm you when you’re angry, help …
- Are Your Sugary Treats Leading You Down the Road to Heart Disease
Many people who are not concerned with maintaining their weight or shedding a few excess pounds, may find that they …
- Popular Prescription Medications May Contribute to Falls, Injuries in Elderly Patients
Too often we hear of elderly people falling and breaking a hip or becoming very bruised, limiting mobility and having …
- Research: Roundup Diluted by 450-Fold Still Remains Toxic
A truism: when two separate things are combined, they create something new. Not necessarily better or worse than the constituents, …
- 5 Easy Steps to Improve Gut Health And Kill Hidden Bad Bugs That Make You Sick
As modern medicine evolves, we learn more and more about our bodies and the vast number of ways various parts …
- Make A Bee Waterer And Help Hydrate Our Pollinators
It’s no secret that bees are declining at an alarmingly fast rate, putting global food security at risk. These pollinators …
- Doctor Pleads Guilty to Ordering Unnecessary Chemotherapy and Billing Medicare
Say it ain’t so, Joe. A Detroit doctor recently pleaded guilty to prescribing unnecessary tests, chemotherapy and other drugs that …
- 7 Simple Remedies That Make Your Home Bug-Free Without Chemical
No matter how clean you keep your home, there’s no way to fully avoid getting the odd pest in your …
- California Senate Passes Bill To Stop Pharmaceutical Companies From Giving Gifts To Doctors
Pharmaceutical companies spend billions of dollars marketing drugs to doctors. But one state in particular takes the cake, California. That’s …
- 5 of the Best DIY Toothpaste Recipes
Did you know your current toothpaste could be harming your health? Yes, from toxic ingredients such as Triclosan (an antibacterial agent) …