Your long-term health doesn’t come down to how many diets you’ve been on or how many time’s you’ve gone on vacation : it all comes down to the little things you do every day to improve your wellbeing.
These little habits start the moment you wake up and follow you throughout the day until the moment you fall asleep.
One of the best ways to kick-start your daily routine is by drinking a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey before having your morning coffee.
Honey contains polyphenols, antioxidants that protect cells against free radical damage. These active compounds also reduce your risk of serious medical conditions like heart disease and cancer. Eating honey is a safe way to increase the level of antioxidants in your blood (1).
Honey is a common wound treatment in traditional medicine practices worldwide. Enzymes found in honey actually produce hydrogen peroxide to kill bad bacteria. “Medical-grade” honey can even fight the antibiotic-resistant bacteria that are responsible for several life-threatening infections (2).
Honey, particularly manuka honey, has the ability to fight dental plaque and gingivitis to keep your gums clean and healthy if taken after a meal. Taking it before a meal may have similar effects (3).
The acetic acid in ACV works on a cellular level to stabilize your blood sugar levels. If taken before a meal, vinegar can help prevent postprandial hyperglycemia and increase insulin-stimulated glucose uptake by your muscles (4).
Not only can vinegar help manage blood sugar levels, it also has a positive effect on cholesterol and insulin sensitivity. Additionnaly, ACV improves digestion and increases satiety if taken before a meal. Consuming it regularly will even promote weight loss and detox.
How to Take ACV and Honey
It’s important to take honey and ACV on an empty stomach to encourage prompt digestion. It will also kick-start your metabolism and encourage stomach acid production to improve the digestion of your first meal of the day.
Talk to your doctor before taking this mixture since it can interfere with prescription medication and affect potassium levels as well as bone density in at-risk individuals.
- 1tsp raw organic honey
- 1 tbsp raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix all the ingredients in a tall glass.
- Drink at least 20 minutes before breakfast.
- Marathon Runners Put Winning Aside To Honor World War II Veteran
“Thanks for your service,” utters one racer after the next as they stop in their tracks mid-race to give 95-year-old …
- Leading Poultry Producer Cuts Nearly All Antibiotic Use
Perdue, one of the biggest producers of chicken in the United States, issued a press release on September 3 stating …
- Warning: Never Go To Bed Wearing THIS On Your Wrist or You Could End Up In a Hospital For Surgery
A lot of women do this daily without a second thought. They wear their hair bands on their wrist. If nobody ever told you, …
- Doctors Have No Explanation: Mix Cinnamon And Honey For Arthritis, Cancer, Gallbladder, Cholesterol And 10 Other Diseases
Honey cinnamon may sound like a donut flavor, but it has much more potential than just satisfying your sweet tooth. …
- Love Hurts: The Neuroscience Behind Heartache
It’s that time of year again. Whether you’d like to admit it or not, Valentine’s Day brings with it emotions, …
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Doctor Even if You Feel Healthy
The seemingly endless questions, and all of the poking and prodding that comes with having to endure a physical checkup …
- 12 Acne Trigger Foods to Avoid (Plus, 10 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Your Pimples)
Acne is an uncomfortable embarrassment most of us seek to avoid. From birth into our 50’s, we can all suffer …
- Do This at Least Once a Week and Your Face Will Look 10 Years Younger!
The 2nd worst thing about aging is that your body slowly begins to get slower than your mind. The worst …
- The Toxic Food Additive In Bread You Didn’t Know You Were Eating…And How To Avoid It
The use of Potassium Bromate in the bread making process is wide spread within the United States; however, it has …
- It Tightens The Skin Better Than Botox: This 3 Ingredients Face Mask Will Make You Look 10 Years Younger
Your skin is a window to your physical and emotional health. If you’re having a bad day, your skin will …
- 50 Holistic Doctors Have Mysteriously Died In The Last Year But What’s Being Done About it?
Every living thing dies—that’s not news. When a particular group of people dies under questionable circumstances, however, that is news…or …
- Best Supplements for Omega-3s in Your Diet
Your doctor may have already told you that incorporating omega-3 fatty acids into your diet is important. Those miraculous omega-3s …
- 10 Most Overlooked Causes of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a rheumatic condition that causes widespread aching, stiffness and burning pain that spreads to other local areas of …
- World’s Fittest Grandma Bodybuilder Just Celebrated Her 80th Birthday!
Despite what many people will tell you, bodybuilding isn’t just for the young and fit: it can be learned at …
- The Scoop on Your Poop
It’s a topic that most of us are afraid to ask questions about – what does your poop mean about …