Your long-term health doesn’t come down to how many diets you’ve been on or how many time’s you’ve gone on vacation : it all comes down to the little things you do every day to improve your wellbeing.
These little habits start the moment you wake up and follow you throughout the day until the moment you fall asleep.
One of the best ways to kick-start your daily routine is by drinking a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey before having your morning coffee.
Honey contains polyphenols, antioxidants that protect cells against free radical damage. These active compounds also reduce your risk of serious medical conditions like heart disease and cancer. Eating honey is a safe way to increase the level of antioxidants in your blood (1).
Honey is a common wound treatment in traditional medicine practices worldwide. Enzymes found in honey actually produce hydrogen peroxide to kill bad bacteria. “Medical-grade” honey can even fight the antibiotic-resistant bacteria that are responsible for several life-threatening infections (2).
Honey, particularly manuka honey, has the ability to fight dental plaque and gingivitis to keep your gums clean and healthy if taken after a meal. Taking it before a meal may have similar effects (3).
The acetic acid in ACV works on a cellular level to stabilize your blood sugar levels. If taken before a meal, vinegar can help prevent postprandial hyperglycemia and increase insulin-stimulated glucose uptake by your muscles (4).
Not only can vinegar help manage blood sugar levels, it also has a positive effect on cholesterol and insulin sensitivity. Additionnaly, ACV improves digestion and increases satiety if taken before a meal. Consuming it regularly will even promote weight loss and detox.
How to Take ACV and Honey
It’s important to take honey and ACV on an empty stomach to encourage prompt digestion. It will also kick-start your metabolism and encourage stomach acid production to improve the digestion of your first meal of the day.
Talk to your doctor before taking this mixture since it can interfere with prescription medication and affect potassium levels as well as bone density in at-risk individuals.
- 1tsp raw organic honey
- 1 tbsp raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix all the ingredients in a tall glass.
- Drink at least 20 minutes before breakfast.
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Add 2 Tbsp. Of This Coconut Oil Mixture To Your Morning Coffee To Burn A TON Of Calories
Do you drink coffee every morning? If yes, the following coffee creamer recipe is definitely something you’ll want to try (if …
- The 5-Minute Yoga Routine That Can Help Restore Thyroid Levels
Yoga entails more than black stretchy pants and planks. It’s an Eastern practice that goes back thousands of years, an …
- How To Use Himalayan Salt Lamps For Better Air, Sleep And Mental Clarity
Himalayan crystal salt is the purest salt available on earth. Hence why it is used a lot for salt lamps. …
- The Real Truth: Antidepressants Actually Deplete These 3 Crucial Nutrients for the Brain
Antidepressants are one of the most prescribed medications out there. But how much do you know about the side effects …
- Sleepless Children Are Aging Faster At A Cellular Level
The importance of sleep is often overlooked but it really can’t be over-emphasized. While you sleep, much of your body …
- How To Grow Aloe Vera At Home (And Health Benefits)
Aloe Vera is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. The plant has numerous healing properties …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 10 High-Protein Vegetables You Need to Start Eating Today
Protein is the building blocks of muscles as well as bone, skin, hair, and nearly every other part of your …
- 7 Minutes. No Equipment. One Science-Backed Core Workout That Works
Working out is difficult for most people to do on a regular basis. The main issue that arises is making …
- The Many Benefits of Coriander Seed Oil and How to Use It
Coriander is a savory spice used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It is the seed of the cilantro …
- 4 Diet Mistakes You’re Making that Only Create More Belly Fat
Many people (especially men) find that they accumulate abdominal fat that’s very hard to get rid of. This is especially …
- Teen Invents Bra That Can Save Millions After Mom Nearly Dies Of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is one of the main health concerns that women face in this day and age. For many, learning of …
- They Said Hydrogen Peroxide Was Great, But They Didn’t Tell You This
Hydrogen peroxide is perhaps best known for its ability to clean up wounds. But, as this article will attest to, …
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Fight Inflammation The Same Way as Cannabis (Via Cannabinoids)
Cannabinoids are powerful healing compounds found in cannabis that bind to cannabinoid receptors in the brain and gut (1). Other …