Weight loss isn’t easy. It takes dedication and discipline to succeed.
There are a lot of “miracle” pills or supplements on the market that claim to help you lose weight, but very few are proven to work effectively.
Even worse, most haven’t been properly tested and approved for human consumption. That’s why it’s always better to go with the basics; Eat real food and exercise.
How Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Causes Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar may not be your cup of tea, but it’s certainly worth a try!
1. ACV Makes You Feel Full
A 2005 study (1) published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that patients fed white bread soaked in vinegar felt more full than the control group, who were fed the bread alone. Satiety was measured by subjective rating.
Taking ACV before a meal may help you eat smaller portions at mealtime since it’ll help you feel more full before and during the meal.
2. ACV Improves Blood Sugar Levels
The higher your blood sugar, the more you are likely to crave sweet things. Low-sugar and complex carb meals supply your body with constant energy as they take time to convert into glucose. This is what your body prefers, since blood sugar levels are kept in balance.
High-sugary snacks are quick to metabolize and only supply a quick boost of energy. When your blood glucose levels go up and down quickly, your body will crave more sweets. This is why sugar cravings are such a vicious cycle.
When taken with meals with complex carbohydrates, vinegar has an antiglycemic properties, meaning that it can help stabilize blood sugar (2). In fact, vinegar lowered postprandial glycemia (plasma glucose concentrations after eating) by 20% compared to placebo.
3. ACV Prevents Fat Accumulation
In another study (3), the dietary acetic acid in apple cider vinegar was shown to reduce total cholesterol and triacylglycerol in the blood. This occurs through the inhibition of lipogenesis (the transformation of energy into fat) in liver and to an increase of faecal bile acid excretion.
4. ACV Impacts Insulin Receptors
Insulin affects the digestion of dietary fat and how it gets used in the body. It also affects how fat is stored.
If insulin levels are high, then the lipases (the enzymes that break down fat) are highly active; if they are low, the lipases are inactive (4). In this last case, fatty acids are made into fat molecules and stored as fat droplets.
In insulin-resistant subjects, vinegar ingestion reduced postprandial glycemia (post-meal blood sugar levels) 64% as compared with placebo values (5). It also improved postprandial (post-meal) insulin sensitivity by 34%, demonstrating that vinegar helps manage insulin levels and insulin sensitivity in diabetic and non diabetic patients.
5. ACV Detoxifies The Body
AVC absorbs toxins in the digestive tract and helps eliminate it. It also prevents toxic buildup by regulating bowel movements. When your body can get rid of toxins efficiently, other processes, like metabolism and digestion, become easier to manage.
6. ACV Reduces Belly Fat & Waist Circumference
A study published in 2009 found that obese people who consumed between 15ml and 30ml of vinegar diluted in 500ml of water daily for 12 weeks experienced reduced belly fat, waist circumference, lower blood triglycerides and weight loss (6):
- 15mL (1 tablespoon): Lost 2.6 pounds, or 1.2 kilograms.
- 30mL (2 tablespoons): Lost 3.7 pounds, or 1.7 kilograms.
How To Take ACV
When possible, always choose an organic, raw and unfiltered vinegar that has cloudy deposits at the bottle of the bottle. This indicates that it hasn’t been filtered too much, meaning that all the good stuff is still in the bottle.
Here’s how to incorporate more ACV in your diet:
- Start by adding 1 teaspoon of ACV to a cup of water and drink it once a day. Increase the amount of vinegar over time.
- Eventually, you should get to 2 tablespoons of vinegar in your cup of water and drink it 1-3 times a day.
- Take it an hour before a meal as well first thing in the morning to kick-start your metabolism.
ACV is very acidic, so you need to dilute it to protect your teeth, throat and the lining of your stomach. Never drink undiluted ACV!
You can also use ACV as a salad dressing and flavoring in your cooking. Incorporating a little turmeric will also boost your body’s ability to lose weight.
Weight loss is never as simple as just doing one thing. If you want real, permanent results, you need to change your lifestyle. A healthy weight comes from a balanced diet, daily exercise, proper hydration and getting enough sleep.
- Do These 5-Minute Morning Rituals To Supercharge Your Mind And Body
Everyone wants their day to start on a positive note. However, that’s not always possible. How do you work out a morning …
- 2-Ingredient Cleaning Solution For a Shiny Toilet – No Scrubbing Needed
It’s no secret that your toilet isn’t the cleanest place in your home. In the average household, toilets typically contain …
- Massive Recall Issued For Contaminated Canned Tuna!
On March 16th 2016, the FDA published a tuna recall affecting three companies with product processed at the same facility. In …
- 6 Little-Known Facts About Acid Reflux Doctors Don’t Always Tell You
Everyone’s heard of heartburn, a classic symptom of acid reflux. Acid reflux happens when the ring of muscle known as …
- The Simple Eye Test To Tell If Your Adrenals Are Fatigued And What To Do IMMEDIATELY If They Are!
We are all faced with an incredible amount of pressure in our day to day life. Pressure to be the …
- Coconut Oil & Honey Mixture – Powerful Remedy That Will Stop Cough Instantly
Have noticed that you or one of your loved ones cough a lot? If so, then you really have to …
- Top 5 Warning Signs Of Kidney Damage You’re Ignoring
The sooner you diagnose kidney damage, the more effective your treatment. These little guys generally try to warn you of kidney damage …
- It Tightens The Skin Better Than Botox: This 3 Ingredients Face Mask Will Make You Look 10 Years Younger
Your skin is a window to your physical and emotional health. If you’re having a bad day, your skin will …
- Hamburger Chef Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald’s Burgers “Unfit for Human Consumption”
In 2011, British chef Jamie Oliver took a stance against fast food giant McDonald’s, airing an episode on his cooking …
- Chamomile Essential Oil Shown to Kill up to 93 Percent of Breast Cancer Cells, Study Finds
They’ve gained considerable notoriety in recent years for their myriad uses in both aromatherapy and integrative medicine. But did you …
- 4 Natural Ingredients You Can Eat To Help Your Body Detox And Flush Out Heavy Metals
We live in a world full of toxins. From the food we eat, the water we drink, and the air we …
- Study: Turmeric and Bay Leaves Team up to Prevent Atherosclerosis
There are numerous natural, healthful ways to achieve protection against inflammation and issues like atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), with …
- Get Rid of Headaches And Reduce Swelling With This 2-Ingredient Remedy
There’s a particular kind of headache that’s especially painful and persistent – sinus headaches are among the most common types …
- 6 Most Common Symptoms of Liver Toxicity
After your skin, your liver is the second largest organ in your body. Often overlooked, your liver performs a variety of …
- Top 16 Essential Oils for Inflammation You Can Use at Home
Let’s face it: inflammation is usually painful (and annoying)! But it’s not always this way since internal inflammation can exist …