There are many health benefits to drinking good quality coffee.
But drinking it first thing in the morning isn’t the best way to go about it.
Instead it is recommended to wait at least one hour and a half after waking up before drinking coffee and for good reasons!
Here’s what drinking coffee on an empty stomach will do to you:
1. Low Levels of Serotonin
Very few people know about this but coffee is a strong appetite suppressant.
People who drink coffee first thing in the morning sometimes end up skipping breakfast.
Skipping your first meal of the day can take a toll on your body’s ability to make serotonin (a neurotransmitter responsible for making you feel happy and calm).
In addition, serotonin is very important for a good night’s sleep. Your body transforms serotonin into melatonin at dusk. And low levels of melatonin usually leads to insomnia problems.
So if you like drinking coffee, make sure to always have it after breakfast!
2. Bad Digestion
Caffeine on an empty stomach disrupts digestion, leading to a bloated feeling and other symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome like pain and irregularity. How?
Caffeine stimulates your adrenal glands, which produce stress hormones called cortisol and adrenalin.
These hormones trigger a “fight or flight” response, great when you are being chased by a wild animal, but not necessary when you are sitting at your desk or breakfast table.
When these hormones flood your body, they increase your heart rate and blood pressure, and your liver starts releasing blood sugar to provide energy to muscles so that you can run away.
Your digestive system also shuts down to divert energy to where it is needed most.
If you’re the type of person who absolutely needs coffee to start their day, then this trick will prove useful to you.
Doing this will help reduce the harmful effects of drinking coffee on an empty stomach: simply add a little coconut oil or butter in your coffee.
- 5 Mistakes People Make When Trying to Lose Weight
If you’ve ever tried to lose weight but ultimately abandoned your goal, it is likely that you fell victim to …
- Johnson and Johnson: Cancer Causing Ingredients Present in Baby Products
Johnson and Johnson is well-known for their family products. They have recently faced lawsuits and public outrage over their baby products. Moms …
- 3-Ingredient Detox “Shots” To Alkalize Your Body, Burn Stubborn Belly Fat, And Fight Inflammation
Do you wake up in the morning dreading the long day ahead of you? You’re not alone. Every day, millions …
- World’s Fittest Grandma Bodybuilder Just Celebrated Her 80th Birthday!
Despite what many people will tell you, bodybuilding isn’t just for the young and fit: it can be learned at …
- How High-Fructose Corn Syrup Could Be Hurting You
With the transition from sugar to high-fructose corn syrup as the primary sweetener in the USA, obesity rates have tripled …
- What Your Tongue Says About Your Health
The tongue has been recognized as an important diagnostic tool for millennia, dating back to ancient Chinese medicine. Even modern …
- Heal Your Neck Pain And Stiff Joints With This Homemade Essential Oils Cream
More than 50% of adults have had neck pain during the past year. Office worker are even more likely to …
- Spray This Oil And You Will Never See Mold Again
Mold is everywhere, whether you can see it or not. These microscopic fungi flourish not only in the bathroom but …
- Selfie Addiction Linked to Narcissism, Low Self Esteem & Mental Illness
An award for everything, the word “selfie” won last year’s Oxford English Dictionary’s word of the year: “a photograph that …
- 7 Ways To Survive An Asthma Attack If You’re Caught Without An Inhaler
Most asthmatics rely on medication and inhalers to manage their symptoms in the case of an asthma attack. Unfortunately, although …
- Cheap Scented Candles Destroy Air Quality And Poison Your Lungs…Here’s What You Can Use Instead
Many commercial products designed to provide olfactory pleasure contain some of the highest levels toxins. This applies to both scented …
- The SHOCKING Truth About Milk The Dairy Industry DOESN’T Want You To Know
How many times a day do your drink milk? For many people, a meal or a snack isn’t complete without …
- Take THIS Vitamin and You Will Be Mosquito Free All Summer Long!
The bane of mammals’ existence, mosquitoes are a hazardous annoyance: prolific, omnipresent, making us itch, and carrying disease.(1) They seem …
- 7 Specific Signs Your Body is OVERFLOWING With Cancer-Causing Inflammation
By now, scientists have come to understand that inflammation is the root cause of all chronic diseases in the body. …
- This Is What Iceland Decided To Do This With Its Last McDonald’s Meal EVER Sold!
When McDonald’s closed it’s doors in Iceland in 2009 , the last meal purchased – a burger and fries bought …