Dessert sure is sweet, but it typically comes with a price.
That being said, it can be healthy and satisfying if you pick the right ingredients.
This homemade sugar free ice cream recipe is easy-to-make and absolutely delicious. Plus, it’s so creamy, you won’t even believe it’s vegan !
Homemade Sugar Free Ice Cream Recipe
Chocolate and vanilla have nothing on the richness of this coconut treat.
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 2 cans of organic full-fat coconut milk
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- Cool the coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. This will give your ice cream a better texture.
- Place the coconut milk in a large glass bowl and combine with all other ingredients using a high-speed hand blender. You can also simply pulse in a high powered blender until smooth.
- If you have an ice cream machine, prepare the mixture as you would normal ice cream. If not, pour into a large shallow container and cover with plastic wrap or waxed paper so that the wrap touches the ice cream. This will prevent ice crystals from forming on the top. Freeze for 4 hours, removing it from the freezer to whisk with a fork every hour.
- Enjoy within the week for best results.
Coconut Milk Benefits
Coconut milk, like coconut oil, contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that improve mood and fight depression. They work by increasing antioxidant activity in the brain and improving adrenal function. They also lower serum cholesterol, triglyceride, glucose and corticosterone (a steroid hormone) levels (1).
Although it’s full of fat, coconut actually helps you maintain a healthy weight by improving digestion and thyroid function. Better yet, it contains fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous to keep your body in optimal shape (2).
Lauric acid, one of the most prized compounds in coconut milk, is converted by the body into monolaurin. Monolaurin is an antiviral and antibacterial substance that supports healthy immune function.
What’s more, MCFAs are quickly converted by the liver into energy, giving you a quick boost. They’re also less likely to be stored as fat.
- How to Keep Your Gut Bacteria Healthy While Eating Delicious Foods You’ll Love
Many of us have associated bacteria with disease and infection ever since we were kids – after all, from an …
- Terminal Hospice Patient Exposes Truth About Ensure Nutrition Drinks
Carrol Krause was a former Herald-Times reporter from Indiana. Following her 2014 ovarian cancer diagnosis, Carrol turned to the Internet …
- Optimize Your Health with This Infographic
A healthy lifestyle emerges from countless small choices that you make throughout the day. Looking for new ideas? Check out …
- She Holds Coconut Oil In Her Mouth For 20 Minutes Every Day…The Effects Are Incredible!
Keeping your mouth healthy and teeth whiter just got a lot easier. All you have to start doing is add this …
- 100 Years of Fitness in Under Two Minutes…So, THAT’S What Exercising Looked Like Back Then!
It’s no small feat to sum up 100 years of fitness trends in under two minutes, but a recent video from …
- Why Turmeric, Olive Oil And Black Pepper Make For a Powerful Cancer-Fighting Drink
Cancer is one of the most frightening diseases of our age. Everyone knows someone who’s had cancer, and it’s scary …
- How To Make Alkaline Water To Fight Fatigue, Digestive Issues And Cancer
Is alkaline water good for you? A healthy body should always be slightly alkaline. The majority of people today, however, tend to …
- Global Warming Worsens Spring Allergies
Have you noticed that your springtime allergies are getting worse? You’re not alone. New research shows that spring is coming …
- How To Cleanse Your Kidneys Almost Instantly Using This Natural Home Drink
Your kidneys are constantly filtering your blood, making sure that waste products exit your body from urine. When you live …
- Taking a Whiff of These 10 Scents Can Relieve Stress Almost Instantly
Ever wonder why some scents make you feel relaxed or energized? It’s no coincidence and we have our olfactory system …
- 5 Warning Signs of Nutritional Deficiency You Can’t Miss
Although the human body can be hard to decipher sometimes, certain signs come out crystal clear. In the case of …
- How To Breathe Away Negative And Difficult Emotions
Breathing is an automatic action that sustains life. On average, you inhale about 30,000 times a day without even realizing …
- Top 10 Signs You May Have a Thyroid Problem And What You Can Do About It
The thyroid is a small gland located in the center of the neck. Most people don’t think that much about …
- If You Get a Creeping Feeling in Your Legs at Night, This is What it Means!
“Restless Leg Syndrome” doesn’t sound very scientific, but it’s more descriptive than how it’s otherwise referred: Willis-Ekborn Disease. Restless leg …
- Do NOT Eat or Serve Another Bag of Salad Until You’ve Read This! (1 Dead, 12 More Hospitalized)
No matter how many times your salad says “pre-washed”, it’s always worth it to rinse it once more. The Dole …