Dessert sure is sweet, but it typically comes with a price.
That being said, it can be healthy and satisfying if you pick the right ingredients.
This homemade sugar free ice cream recipe is easy-to-make and absolutely delicious. Plus, it’s so creamy, you won’t even believe it’s vegan !
Homemade Sugar Free Ice Cream Recipe
Chocolate and vanilla have nothing on the richness of this coconut treat.
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 2 cans of organic full-fat coconut milk
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- Cool the coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. This will give your ice cream a better texture.
- Place the coconut milk in a large glass bowl and combine with all other ingredients using a high-speed hand blender. You can also simply pulse in a high powered blender until smooth.
- If you have an ice cream machine, prepare the mixture as you would normal ice cream. If not, pour into a large shallow container and cover with plastic wrap or waxed paper so that the wrap touches the ice cream. This will prevent ice crystals from forming on the top. Freeze for 4 hours, removing it from the freezer to whisk with a fork every hour.
- Enjoy within the week for best results.
Coconut Milk Benefits
Coconut milk, like coconut oil, contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that improve mood and fight depression. They work by increasing antioxidant activity in the brain and improving adrenal function. They also lower serum cholesterol, triglyceride, glucose and corticosterone (a steroid hormone) levels (1).
Although it’s full of fat, coconut actually helps you maintain a healthy weight by improving digestion and thyroid function. Better yet, it contains fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous to keep your body in optimal shape (2).
Lauric acid, one of the most prized compounds in coconut milk, is converted by the body into monolaurin. Monolaurin is an antiviral and antibacterial substance that supports healthy immune function.
What’s more, MCFAs are quickly converted by the liver into energy, giving you a quick boost. They’re also less likely to be stored as fat.
- Why You Shouldn’t Get Nutrition Advice From Your Doctor
Let me ask you this first; have you ever gone to your doctor as a result of any of the …
- How One Woman Dealt With Her Skin Cancer At Home – Using Coconut Oil And Baking Soda
Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and although it protects you from harm every day, many people …
- This Lamp Can Run For Eight Hours And All It Needs Is One Glass of Salt Water
The Sustainable Alternative Lighting project, otherwise known as SALt, is releasing a lamp that runs purely on saltwater to the …
- This Is What Tapping THESE Points On Your Body Can Do For You!
Emotions are an essential part of what makes us human. They are at once one of the most enriching elements …
- Why Seven Hours of Sleep Might be Better than Eight
You can live without food much longer than you can go without sleep. We’ve been told that eight hours of …
- 35 Reasons You Should Be Using Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint oil uses date back to ancient Greece and beyond. In fact, according to the New World Encyclopedia, peppermint is …
- FDA Approves Robotic Exoskeleton For Paralyzed Users
This isn’t the first time science fact has caught up with science fiction. And in this case, the technology provides …
- How Toxic Is Your Neighborhood’s Air? This Map Knows for Sure.
Technology and humans have a two-way action/reaction relationship. Sometimes technological capacity influences our lives and sometimes we endeavor to devise means …
- 6 Simple Lifestyle Tips For A Happier, Healthier Liver
Your liver is essential to your overall health. This large organ works by filtering and processing blood as it circulates through the …
- This 2-Ingredient Combination Boosts Weight Loss if You Drink it Every Morning on an Empty Stomach
Your long-term health doesn’t come down to how many diets you’ve been on or how many time’s you’ve gone on …
- 5 Easy Superfood Recipes That Will Make You Feel Like a Champion
What makes a food a “superfood”? Many scientists are critical of the term, saying it’s applied too often to foods …
- Cut Your Watermelon THIS Way And Never Have Juice Dripping Down Your Chin Again!
Watermelon isn’t just a healthy snack: it’s a summer staple. Perhaps one of the most popular ways to eat it …
- Talcum Powder Is Linked To Cancer And Lung Damage
You would think that baby products are made to be as non-toxic as possible, but studies have shown that an …
- Why Eating Low-Fat Is The Worst Thing You Can Do For Weight Loss
Contrary to popular belief, low-fat foods aren’t any healthier or safer to eat than their full-fat versions. Low-fat diets endorsed …
- Here’s Why You Should Never, Ever Clean Your Ears With a Q-Tip
If you’ve ever heard that you shouldn’t stick anything in your ears for any reason, you should heed that advice. …