However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar.
If you want a delicious treat that won’t cost you your health, try this sweet potato recipe!
These vegetables will give your brownies a wonderful texture and boosts its nutritional value tenfold!
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Handful of carob chips (optional) (you also can use raw cacao nibs)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease a small glass cake/loaf pan
- Place the nut butter with maple syrup in a small saucepan and melt over low heat
- In a large bowl add the sweet potato, nut butter mix, and cocoa powder and mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour mixture into greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Slice and refrigerate for best results.
Sweet Potato Nutritional Benefits
Vitamin A: is essential for eye health, cellular reproduction, embryonic development as well as immune function, skin health and bone growth (4).
Vitamin C:is important for maintaining the immune system, building strong bones and teeth, helping digestion and forming red blood cells. The famous vitamin also promotes wound healing, collagen production and stress management.
Vitamin B6: regulates metabolism, hormones and chemicals within the body. It also plays a role in a healthy nervous system.
Potassium: regulates heartbeat and nerve signals, relaxes muscle contractions, reduces swelling, and protects and maintains kidneys. A high potassium intake is associated with a 20% decreased risk of dying from all causes.
Magnesium: plays hundreds of important roles in the blood, including regulating blood pressure and maintaining healthy artery, blood, bone, heart, muscle, and nerve function. The mineral also plays a role in relaxation and stress management.
Calcium: isn’t just good for bone and tooth health, it also plays a role in maintaining nerves, the heart and blood clot function. This mineral is also beneficial for the treatment of Lyme disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and the prevention of colon and rectal cancers (5).
Manganese: promotes wound healing and is important for regular metabolic function.
Iron: plays a role in red and white blood cell production, resistance to stress, proper immune function and protein metabolism.
Beta-Carotene: protects your against cancer, free radicals and cell aging. Eating carotenoid-rich foods can even reduce lung cancer risk by 32%. It also fights colon, breast, esophageal , cervical and prostate cancer.
Choline is important for cellular membranes maintenance, nerve impulsion, fat absorption and regulating inflammation. It also plays a role in sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory.
Lastly, fiber may reduce episodes of low blood sugar and insulin resistance in people with diabetes. The fiber in sweet potatoes makes a big difference too. Lower blood sugar, lipids and insulin levels
- Heal Your Body From The Inside Out With These 8 Cancer-Fighting Soups
There’s nothing like a good soup to warm you up from the inside out. Most homemade soups are actually nutrient-dense …
- 11 Easy Crustless Pizza You’ll Love
Pizza is delicious. But it’s not something that you can enjoy every day without any repercussions. There are two main problems with pizza: …
- Everyone’s Favorite Antioxidant Source: 6 Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry season is right around the corner, and that means that everyone’s favorite antioxidant source is back. With wild blueberries …
- Have You Ever Tried ‘Hummoli’? This Dip Has Chickpeas, Avocado, Olive Oil, and More Healthy Ingredients!
Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle. With so many unhealthy options available at …
- Chocolate Treats Without the Guilt
Chocolate is a guilty obsession for millions of people. But what if you could have your chocolate without the remorse? …
- Homemade Herbal Decongestant – Instant Fire Cider
Autumn is a great time of year to start a batch of traditional fire cider, pungent and spicy blend of …
- Drink This Medicinal Tea To Detoxify Your Liver And Strengthen Your Immune System
Take your morning warm lemon water ritual to a new level with the anti-inflammatory and detoxing powers of ginger and …
- No-Flour Banana Pancakes Are Easy To Make And Rich In Potassium
Who doesn’t love pancakes? They’re sweet, fluffy and simply delicious! They can be combined with all sorts of fruits and …
- Enjoy The Benefits of Turmeric With This Golden Milk Tea Recipe (You’re Going To Love It!)
The healthful properties of turmeric and ginger are just now beginning to emerge in the West. Asian cultures have used …
- 12 Recipes for Gluten-Free Cookies You Won’t Be Able to Resist
Gluten is becoming an ever-increasing concern in the Western diet. The volume of people with wheat allergies or sensitivities across …
- How to Make Fruit Roll-Ups at Home With REAL Fruit and Gelatin For Your Hair, Skin and Joints
Despite being advertised as containing “real fruit”, commercial fruit roll-ups contain in fact more hydrogenated oil and high-fructose corn syrup …
- 4 Aloe Vera-Based Drinks To Boost Your Immune System
Aloe vera has a great reputation for its many topical uses, and is also a popular houseplant due to its …
- This Blueberry-Coconut Smoothie Is Both Tasty And a Powerful Tool In Your Weight Loss Arsenal
Smoothies are a great way to start your day – perfect for breakfast or a midday snack, they’re often loaded …
- Six Springy Asparagus Recipes
Asparagus season is drawing to its end in most parts of the country, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …