However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar.
If you want a delicious treat that won’t cost you your health, try this sweet potato recipe!
These vegetables will give your brownies a wonderful texture and boosts its nutritional value tenfold!
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Handful of carob chips (optional) (you also can use raw cacao nibs)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease a small glass cake/loaf pan
- Place the nut butter with maple syrup in a small saucepan and melt over low heat
- In a large bowl add the sweet potato, nut butter mix, and cocoa powder and mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour mixture into greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Slice and refrigerate for best results.
Sweet Potato Nutritional Benefits
Vitamin A: is essential for eye health, cellular reproduction, embryonic development as well as immune function, skin health and bone growth (4).
Vitamin C:is important for maintaining the immune system, building strong bones and teeth, helping digestion and forming red blood cells. The famous vitamin also promotes wound healing, collagen production and stress management.
Vitamin B6: regulates metabolism, hormones and chemicals within the body. It also plays a role in a healthy nervous system.
Potassium: regulates heartbeat and nerve signals, relaxes muscle contractions, reduces swelling, and protects and maintains kidneys. A high potassium intake is associated with a 20% decreased risk of dying from all causes.
Magnesium: plays hundreds of important roles in the blood, including regulating blood pressure and maintaining healthy artery, blood, bone, heart, muscle, and nerve function. The mineral also plays a role in relaxation and stress management.
Calcium: isn’t just good for bone and tooth health, it also plays a role in maintaining nerves, the heart and blood clot function. This mineral is also beneficial for the treatment of Lyme disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and the prevention of colon and rectal cancers (5).
Manganese: promotes wound healing and is important for regular metabolic function.
Iron: plays a role in red and white blood cell production, resistance to stress, proper immune function and protein metabolism.
Beta-Carotene: protects your against cancer, free radicals and cell aging. Eating carotenoid-rich foods can even reduce lung cancer risk by 32%. It also fights colon, breast, esophageal , cervical and prostate cancer.
Choline is important for cellular membranes maintenance, nerve impulsion, fat absorption and regulating inflammation. It also plays a role in sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory.
Lastly, fiber may reduce episodes of low blood sugar and insulin resistance in people with diabetes. The fiber in sweet potatoes makes a big difference too. Lower blood sugar, lipids and insulin levels
- This 3-Ingredient Homemade Syrup Helps Relieve Sore Throat and Cough
A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- This is The Easiest, Simplest Way to Make a Healthy Delicious Snack.
This snack idea came from a photo shoot, let me explain. Every photo shoot is catered whether it is in …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …
- Want To Make Guacamole That Tastes Just Like Chipotle’s? Here’s What You’ll Need.
Avocados are a food that seems to embody our constantly evolving understanding of what’s good for us. Once shunned for …
- 11 Easy Crustless Pizza You’ll Love
Pizza is delicious. But it’s not something that you can enjoy every day without any repercussions. There are two main problems with pizza: …
- It Was Hard To Snack Healthy Until I Tried These 16 Delicious Metabolism-Boosting Ideas
The foods you eat between meals are just as important. Snack on the wrong foods and your health will suffer. …
- 4-Ingredient Recipe Will Supercharge Your Immune System Like No Other
One criticism often received by recipes involving cooked onions, garlic and other alliums is that the heating process destroys much …
- No-Flour Banana Pancakes Are Easy To Make And Rich In Potassium
Who doesn’t love pancakes? They’re sweet, fluffy and simply delicious! They can be combined with all sorts of fruits and …
- Pine Needle Syrup For Lung Inflammation, Bronchitis and Respiratory Ailments
Here’s a simple recipe for a syrup that can be added to tea and other hot beverages or drunk on …
- Chocolate Avocado Cookies FILLED With Cancer-Fighting, Waistline-Busting Ingredients
Most cookies are made up of wheat and sugar, two of the most harmful foods on the market. Whether they’re …
- 12 Recipes for Gluten-Free Cookies You Won’t Be Able to Resist
Gluten is becoming an ever-increasing concern in the Western diet. The volume of people with wheat allergies or sensitivities across …
- 10 Vegan Recipes That Cheese Addicts Will Love
1. Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese This one is a classic. Recipe here. 2. Roasted Sweet Potato and Bean Quesadillas …
- Drink This Medicinal Tea To Detoxify Your Liver And Strengthen Your Immune System
Take your morning warm lemon water ritual to a new level with the anti-inflammatory and detoxing powers of ginger and …
- This 2-Minute Detox Drink Helps You Burn Fat And Fight Diabetes
Illnesses. Sometimes they’re easy to cure, other times not so much. That being said, having to deal with several health problems …