You may have heard of the benefits of placing onion on your feet or honey on your chest to help heal your cold.
In fact, there are many natural cures that work not only internally but also externally to heal health problems.
Garlic, nature’s most potent antibiotic, is no exception.
Topical Use of Garlic
Garlic is traditionally used to treat acne, ringworm, athlete’s foot, and influenza due to its antibiotic, antifungal, and antiviral properties (1).
When taken orally, garlic helps stimulate blood circulation in micro blood vessels in the skin, boost immunity, protect against UVB damage and help treat cancer (2).
Applied topically, garlic treats psoriasis, alopecia areata, cutaneous corns, viral and fungal infections and leishmaniasis. It also minimizes keloid scar, promotes wound healing and prevents skin aging.
Additionally, two studies found that topical garlic use is 100% effective in the treatment of warts. Unlike other wart treatments, garlic doesn’t have any harmful side effects (3).
How To Use Garlic
Rub garlic onto a small portion of your skin first to see if your skin is sensitive to the bulb.
Wound or Rash
To use topically, crush a fresh bulb of organic garlic directly on your wound or rash and cover with a band-aid or gauze and medical tape.
Remove the dressing to shower, drying the area before applying a few garlic bandage. Repeat every day for 2 weeks until your wound is completely healed.
To use on warts, mix with olive oil or coconut oil and change dressing daily for 3-4 weeks (3).
Psoriasis or Eczema
When it comes to psoriasis or eczema, infuse olive or coconut oil with a few cloves of fresh garlic for 24-48 hours. Apply the oil to the skin and cover the area with a band-aid or gauze.
- 6 Little-Known Reasons Why Chronic Stress Is Bad For You
We all experience stress in our daily lives – from relatively minor stress like the kind that comes with exams …
- Instantly Rejuvenate Your Health By Fixing These 3 Bodily Systems
Health experts spend their whole lives trying to understand how the human body works and even they, themselves admit how difficult this …
- Top 10 Health Scams You Need To Avoid
Every now and then you’ll come across a “magical” or “amazing” product that will help you lose weight, fight disease, …
- How To Detox Your Armpits In 7 Days To Prevent Breast Cancer
Currently, breast cancer is the leading cause of death among women aged 35–54 years old (1). American men have a …
- 2 Easy Ways to Prepare Nettle Syrup To Help Cleanse Your Blood and Clear Your Arteries
Nettle syrup is commonly used for blood cleansing, but it’s also useful against allergies, inflammation and hypertension. Those with asthma …
- Study Proves Microwave Radiation Directly Affects Your Heart – Why You Need To Ditch Your Microwave Oven
Have you ever wondered why some restaurants post warning signs for customers with pacemakers that the establishment uses a microwave …
- Here’s Why Enameled Cast Iron Cookware Is The Best
What you cook your food in is as important as the food itself. Non-stick and aluminum cookware are known to …
- A Tablespoon of This Household Ingredient Is All You Need To Remove Bacteria From Your Food
There are many tips and tricks you need to know to prepare clean, healthy food. Whether you purchase conventional or …
- THIS Is What Happens To Your Face After Washing It With Coconut Oil and Baking Soda
Baking soda and coconut oil face wash, can be very good for washing your face. Exfoliating your skin has become …
- 10 Herbs To Replace Painkillers Without Any Side Effects
We are a nation of pill-poppers! While prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs fall slightly short of our addiction to marijuana …
- Chemical in Plastic is 100X More Toxic Than Initially Suspected?! (Here’s 7 Natural Ways to Detox)
The chemical bisphenol A – or BPA for short – is used in tens of thousands of consumer products, but …
- This Is Why You Should Never Let Your Dog Lick You!
Warning: the content that follows is not for the squeamish. Humans and dogs have been companions for thousands of years …
- The Best Cooking Methods To Prevent The Nutrients In Your Food From Being Destroyed
Many individuals are aware of what antioxidants are, their role in cancer prevention, and fighting free radicals. That’s why, the cooking …
- New ‘Foolproof’ Test to Detect ADHD Fails To Live Up to Its Claim and Here’s Why.
Eight to ten percent of school-age children are currently diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). It is a behavioral …
- Natural Salve Recipe Combines The Soothing Effects of 4 Ingredients For Quick Pain Relief
Many health-savvy consumers are starting to avoid skincare products that contain petroleum, which goes into many commercial skincare products as …