You may have heard of the benefits of placing onion on your feet or honey on your chest to help heal your cold.
In fact, there are many natural cures that work not only internally but also externally to heal health problems.
Garlic, nature’s most potent antibiotic, is no exception.
Topical Use of Garlic
Garlic is traditionally used to treat acne, ringworm, athlete’s foot, and influenza due to its antibiotic, antifungal, and antiviral properties (1).
When taken orally, garlic helps stimulate blood circulation in micro blood vessels in the skin, boost immunity, protect against UVB damage and help treat cancer (2).
Applied topically, garlic treats psoriasis, alopecia areata, cutaneous corns, viral and fungal infections and leishmaniasis. It also minimizes keloid scar, promotes wound healing and prevents skin aging.
Additionally, two studies found that topical garlic use is 100% effective in the treatment of warts. Unlike other wart treatments, garlic doesn’t have any harmful side effects (3).
How To Use Garlic
Rub garlic onto a small portion of your skin first to see if your skin is sensitive to the bulb.
Wound or Rash
To use topically, crush a fresh bulb of organic garlic directly on your wound or rash and cover with a band-aid or gauze and medical tape.
Remove the dressing to shower, drying the area before applying a few garlic bandage. Repeat every day for 2 weeks until your wound is completely healed.
To use on warts, mix with olive oil or coconut oil and change dressing daily for 3-4 weeks (3).
Psoriasis or Eczema
When it comes to psoriasis or eczema, infuse olive or coconut oil with a few cloves of fresh garlic for 24-48 hours. Apply the oil to the skin and cover the area with a band-aid or gauze.
- Best DIY Homemade Toner for Acne Prone Skin
A homemade toner for acne prone skin should be two things: simple and economical. No long list of required ingredients, …
- This Old School Russian Remedy Will Clean Out Your Liver With Only ONE Ingredient!
We find ourselves damaging our liver almost all the time; eating all the wrong foods and indulging in bad habits. …
- 10 Signs You May Have an Ulcer
An ulcer is a painful sore in the stomach lining or at the opening of the small intestine. Ulcers happen …
- It Tightens The Skin Better Than Botox: This 3 Ingredients Face Mask Will Make You Look 10 Years Younger
Your skin is a window to your physical and emotional health. If you’re having a bad day, your skin will …
- What Happens When You Eat 3 Whole Eggs Every Day…You’ll Be Surprised What It Does To Your Body!
Why eat more eggs? A few years ago, health organizations issued a warning about the cholesterol contained in eggs. Like many other …
- 7 Warning Signs of Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic cancer is among the worst killers in modern medicine, for numerous different reasons. The incredibly low prognosis for those …
- 7 Best Ways to Make Your Own Compost to Grow Gigantic Vegetables
If you’ve been yearning to start composting – this is the year to do it! Composting mimics nature’s recycling plan, …
- Easy Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Preventing Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the leading health concerns in the Western world. Type II diabetes, the “lifestyle” disease that we …
- How To Cure a Minor Stiff Neck In Just 10 Seconds Using Nothing But a Towel!
How To Get Rid Of A Stiff Neck Sitting all day in front of the computer is one of the …
- Just ONE Junk-Food Snack Is Enough To Send Your Hormones Out Of Control
Food temptation is everywhere: fast food joints on your drive to work, cookies at your local coffee shop and snacks your …
- 5 Key Reasons to Include Hemp Seeds in Your Daily Diet
Hemp can be used for many countless things, from building homes to the remediation of contaminated soil. In terms of nutrition, there …
- Her House Always Smells Wonderful and Fresh and People Can’t Understand Why. Here’s Her Secret
There’s nothing quite like coming home to a clean, pleasant smelling home after a long day at work. While there …
- 85-Year-Old Grandma Has Been Living Hunched Over For Decades…But Then She Starts Doing Yoga!
Mobility is something we often take for granted while we’re young. But for 85-year-old Anna Pesce, mobility was a thing …
- Apple’s New ‘Wireless’ Headphones Emit Radiation … Right Next To Your Brain
Manufacturers of wireless technology continue to deny the toxicity of radiation emitted by their devices. Most consumers have yet to …
- FDA Finds Daily Aspirin Unnecessary for Heart Health
Around about 30 years ago, aspirin was identified as a harmless drug that could prevent a heart attack or stroke. …