The average speed of hair growth in women is between 4-6 inches a year (1).
Factors like stress, nutritional deficiency, skin infection and illness can slow hair growth and even lead to premature hair loss (2).
The best way to encourage your hair to grow and stay healthy is to nourish your scalp regularly with deep-conditioning hair masks and a well-balanced diet.
6-Ingredient Oil Hair Bliss
- 100ml of coconut oil
- 100ml of olive oil
- 100ml of almond oil
- 100ml of castor oil
- 100ml of mustard oil
- 100ml of sesame oil
- A handful of curry leaves
- A few pearl onions
- Measure out all the oils and place them into a medium saucepan
- Cook over low to medium heat until the coconut oil has melted.
- Add the curry leaves and cook until the leaves become black.
- Add onions and cook until brown.
- Cool the oil and strain out the leaves and onion.
- Store the oil in airtight containers and keep in a cool, dark, place for up to two months.
- Warm up the oil slightly.
- Apply evenly on your hair and scalp, massaging it into your hair follicles.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave in for 2-3 hours.
- Shampoo, condition and style as usual.
Apply twice a week to help your hair grow.
How It Works:
Coconut oil protects hair against damage and protein loss. It also prevents dryness and split ends retaining moisture in the hair shaft (3).
Olive oil contains oleic acid, palmitic acid, and squalene, which soften hair and gives it shine (4). Olive oil also kills fungi to treat and prevent dandruff (5).
Sesame oil contains sesamin and fatty acids that fight fungal and yeast skin infections (6).
Mustard oil contains zinc, selenium, and beta carotene, which nourishes the scalp and hair and promotes hair growth (7).
Almond oil is full of hair-healthy fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E and magnesium, which is particularly potent in preventing hair loss (8,9).
Castor oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal and is said to promote hair growth up to three to five times the normal rate (10).
Onion and curry leaves, on the other hand, are time-tested natural remedies that Indian women rely on to help their gorgeous hair stay long and beautiful.
- 15 Genius Tricks To Keep Your Fruits And Vegetables Fresh And Delicious
There is nothing more frustrating than watching your once fresh and vibrant fruits and veggies dry up or rot before …
- This 3-Ingredient Natural Recipe Will Make Your Facial Hair Disappear!
As mammals, humans have hair follicles all over their bodies. While some are more coarse and visible, like eyebrows and …
- Finally! FDA Admits That Chicken Meat Contains Cancer-Causing Arsenic
It seems like only yesterday headlines everywhere warned of dangerous levels of arsenic in rice. The news was definitely a …
- How Sugar Messes Up Your Liver and Gives You Diabetes
By now, most of us know that there’s some relationship between eating sugar and type II diabetes. But do you …
- How To Use Herbalized Oils In Your Nose To Detox And Flush Out Toxins From Your Brain
Have you ever heard about “Nasya?” It’s considered one the top healing techniques used in Ayurveda. Nasya is the nasal inhalation …
- 7 Conditions that are Caused by Sleeping with Wet Hair
If you find yourself frequently sleeping with wet hair, you may think twice after reading this. You won’t magically wake …
- The Scoop on Your Poop
It’s a topic that most of us are afraid to ask questions about – what does your poop mean about …
- Popular Prescription Medications May Contribute to Falls, Injuries in Elderly Patients
Too often we hear of elderly people falling and breaking a hip or becoming very bruised, limiting mobility and having …
- Eating This Little-Known Herb Protects Your Body From 5 Different Types Of Cancer
Moringa oleifera is a quick-growing tree in South Asia and throughout the tropics. The Ayurvedic system of medicine uses its …
- THIS Oil Relieves Pain FASTER Than Both Pain Meds and ALL Other Natural Remedies
What do you do when you experience muscle pain? If you’re like most Americans, you probably open up your bathroom …
- Stop Using Store-Bought Antiperspirants! They Make You SMELL Worse in The Long-Run?!
Sometimes, in attempting to “cure” a problem, the methods you use can result in a worsening of the problem you’re …
- Researchers Discover That 85% of Tampons Are Contaminated With Cancer-Causing Herbicide
Your feminine hygiene products may be poisoning you (1). According to a study done by the University of La Plata, …
- This Face Mask Naturally Removes Stains, Acne Scars And Wrinkles After Second Use
Your skin is like a window to what’s going on inside your body. What you eat and how you’re feeling …
- A Japanese Device Claims to Fix Ingrown Toenails at Home in Just 30 Minutes
Ingrown toenails are annoying, and we’re almost all experienced them. They seem to come out of nowhere, and can linger …
- Top 10 Dangerous Habits That Damage Your Liver And The #1 Food To Help It Heal
What does your body do with the toxins that enter it? It hands them off to your liver for processing, …