The average speed of hair growth in women is between 4-6 inches a year (1).
Factors like stress, nutritional deficiency, skin infection and illness can slow hair growth and even lead to premature hair loss (2).
The best way to encourage your hair to grow and stay healthy is to nourish your scalp regularly with deep-conditioning hair masks and a well-balanced diet.
6-Ingredient Oil Hair Bliss
- 100ml of coconut oil
- 100ml of olive oil
- 100ml of almond oil
- 100ml of castor oil
- 100ml of mustard oil
- 100ml of sesame oil
- A handful of curry leaves
- A few pearl onions
- Measure out all the oils and place them into a medium saucepan
- Cook over low to medium heat until the coconut oil has melted.
- Add the curry leaves and cook until the leaves become black.
- Add onions and cook until brown.
- Cool the oil and strain out the leaves and onion.
- Store the oil in airtight containers and keep in a cool, dark, place for up to two months.
- Warm up the oil slightly.
- Apply evenly on your hair and scalp, massaging it into your hair follicles.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave in for 2-3 hours.
- Shampoo, condition and style as usual.
Apply twice a week to help your hair grow.
How It Works:
Coconut oil protects hair against damage and protein loss. It also prevents dryness and split ends retaining moisture in the hair shaft (3).
Olive oil contains oleic acid, palmitic acid, and squalene, which soften hair and gives it shine (4). Olive oil also kills fungi to treat and prevent dandruff (5).
Sesame oil contains sesamin and fatty acids that fight fungal and yeast skin infections (6).
Mustard oil contains zinc, selenium, and beta carotene, which nourishes the scalp and hair and promotes hair growth (7).
Almond oil is full of hair-healthy fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E and magnesium, which is particularly potent in preventing hair loss (8,9).
Castor oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal and is said to promote hair growth up to three to five times the normal rate (10).
Onion and curry leaves, on the other hand, are time-tested natural remedies that Indian women rely on to help their gorgeous hair stay long and beautiful.
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …