The acetic acid in ACV kills candida and other yeasts and fungi and it strengthens your stomach acid to kill harmful bacteria, viruses and parasites that cause the condition. To use, mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a hot cup of water and take 3 times a day.
Apple cider vinegar can actually relieve a sore throat and thin mucus to ease coughing. To treat a stubborn cough and the infection causing it, try the recipe below. ACV also has antihistamine properties,so you can use it to treat hay fever too!
- Half a yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 red chili peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon of ginger, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Apple cider vinegar, preferably organic
- Please consider wearing gloves if you have sensitive skin, and try not to rub your eyes as you put this tonic together, as some of the natural oils involved can lead to unhappy muttering.
- Start with a 350 mL to 500 mL mason jar. Add roughly chopped onion.
- Roughly chopped garlic next please.
- Followed by red chili peppers, seeds and all.
- Then chopped ginger – what a lovely hue of yellow in fresh ginger.
- Add fresh lemon juice – what you can get out of one medium-size lemon. It’s fine to substitute with lime if you wish.
- Top off mason jar with apple cider vinegar, but leave about a cm of room at the top.
- Cap your jar and leave on your counter or in a pantry. Your sore throat, cold, and flu tonic is ready for use!
7. Eye Health
Natural medicine suggests that sore, tired eyes can be rejuvenated by taking a tall cups of hot water with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of honey up to three times daily until symptoms subside.
After drinking, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water to rinse away any vinegar stuck to your teeth.
Vinegar stabilizes blood sugar and blood pressure to avoid lightheadedness and dizziness.
9. Eczema and Hair Loss
AVC contains nutrients that balance pH balance and promote skin regeneration. Meanwhile, its acetic acid fight bacteria and fungi that can cause skin lesions and hair loss.
To use, mix equal part vinegar and water in a spray bottle and apply directly to your skin or scalp. For sensitive skin, dilute 1/3 cup of vinegar for every 3 cups of water. You can also add it to your bathwater or hair washing routine.
Unbeknownst to most people, acid reflux can actually occur when you have too little stomach acid. The vinegar also kills h.pylori bacteria, which can contribute to the condition and is the leading cause of stomach ulcers.
In these cases, taking a spoonful of ACV dilutes in a tall glass of water before your meals can help you better digest your food and avoid heart burn.
This remedy can also relieve hiccups by restoring acid balance in the stomach and relaxing the diaphragm.