Apple cider vinegar is truly a natural beauty powerhouse.
Whether it’s used to treat acne, tone skin or condition your hair, ACV can be used for just about anything.
Dry, itchy skin and inflammatory conditions are no exception.
What Is Eczema ?
Eczema is a group of skin condition which cause inflammation and irritation. The skin is typically itchy and characterized by thick and scaly rashes (1).
Eczema can be triggered by soaps, detergent, animal dander, bacterial or fungal infection and certain fabrics and foods. Treatment typically targets pain and itch relief by keeping the skin moist.
Some people take oral or topical medicine, but the the FDA has warned that some prescription ointments like Elidel and Protopic can increase cancer risk.
How To Manage Eczema Naturally
Eczema can be managed by avoiding triggers and allergens like milk, sugar, seafood, corn, soy products, peanuts, preservatives and cosmetic products.
Patients can also find relief by moisturizing frequently, avoiding extreme temperature or humidity, avoiding stressful situations and avoiding sweat.
How Does Vinegar Work ?
Raw, unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) is full of vitamins, mineral and substances such as carotenoids, flavonoids, isoflavones and protease inhibitors (2).
On the other hand, potassium balances pH balance of the skin to reduce inflammation and irritation (4).
Vinegar also works as an antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic agent to fight any infection causing the skin condition (5).
Here’s how you can use this multipurpose food to heal your skin.
1. Use Diluted ACV
Pure ACV can burn and sting the skin if applied directly, that why it’s better to mix it with water.
- To use, mix equal part vinegar and water in a small cup. For sensitive skin, dilute 1/3 cup of vinegar for every 3 cups of water.
- Pour mixture into a spray bottle or sealed container.
- Apply directly to the skin using a cotton ball or simply spray the solution directly onto your skin.
- Use in the morning and at night for relief.
2. Take a Vinegar Bath
If you experience large patched of eczema on your body, nightly vinegar baths will help your manage your condition.
- To use, pour 1-2 cups of ACV into warm but not hot water.
- For extra relief, add a 1/3 a cup of coconut oil.
- Soak for at least half an hour for best results.
3. Soothing Syrup
Soothe your body internally by taking with yummy mix. Pregnant, diabetic and people taking prescription medication should consult their doctor before taking ACV orally.
- Mix a tablespoon of ACV into 16 oz. of hot water.
- Add a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses, honey, or maple syrup to the water to make it easier to stomach.
- Take it up to 3 times a day, half an hour before meals.
- Keep your skin moisturized with coconut oil for best results. You can also apply it on your skin as a balm, wrapping the wound with a clean bandage.
4. Simple ACV Drink
For everyday relief, mix 1-2 tablespoons of ACV into a cup of hot water.
Drink twice a day, with or without honey. To prevent damage to your enamel, dirnk the mixture through a stainless steel straw.
5. Fizzy Eczema Tea
This tea may be hard to drink at first, but it really provides relief.
- Pour two tablespoons of ACV into a cup and add a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Mix and let it rest until it longer fizzes.
- Add half a cup of water and a bit of honey or tea to improve taste.
- This Is What Happens To Wrinkles And Blemishes When You Put Potatoes On Your Body
While it seems pretty normal to cover your eyes with cucumber slices or coat your face with a yogurt mask, …
- How to Start Reversing Any Autoimmune Condition In Weeks
According to a worldwide study of autoimmune diseases published last year, “Epidemiological data provide evidence of a steady rise in …
- Doctor Pleads Guilty to Ordering Unnecessary Chemotherapy and Billing Medicare
Say it ain’t so, Joe. A Detroit doctor recently pleaded guilty to prescribing unnecessary tests, chemotherapy and other drugs that …
- THIS Is Why Putting Essential Oils On The Bottom of Your FEET Works Wonders
If you’re like most nature lovers, chances are you have at least one bottle of essential oil lying around your …
- 10 Yoga Positions To Help Lose Belly Fat
For most people, getting fit not only makes you feel better physically and mentally, desired weight loss happens as a …
- Doctors Urge Parents To Save Their Kid’s Baby Teeth…Here’s Why!
Move over tooth fairy, modern medicine has found a new life for lost teeth. Inside baby teeth is dental pulp, …
- The Shocking Reason Why You Need To Boil Cinnamon Before Using It For Weight Loss
If you didn’t already know, cinnamon is often used in weight loss recipes. And the reason for that is because eating …
- 5 Frightening Diseases You Can Save Yourself From By Sleeping Better
Everyone’s pulled an all-nighter at some point in their lives, and experienced the side effects of not getting enough sleep …
- Woman’s Mole Turned Out To Be Cancerous After Doctor Dismissed Her Worries
Months after a doctor dismissed a young woman’s mole as nothing serious, another doctor diagnosed her with melanoma, the deadliest …
- 4 Things Everyone Ought To Know About The Ebola Virus
Dr. Kent Brantly was drawn to Africa with Samaritan’s Purse, to help the people of Liberia live longer, healthier lives. …
- A Tablespoon of This Household Ingredient Is All You Need To Remove Bacteria From Your Food
There are many tips and tricks you need to know to prepare clean, healthy food. Whether you purchase conventional or …
- How To Get Rid of Excess Water Weight In 3 Days
There are many reasons why your body holds on to excess water weight. It doesn’t do this to spite you. In …
- Fast Food Giant McDonald’s Is “Facing Its Final Days” And It’s Thanks To You!
McDonalds has recently announced that they will close 700 locations (1). If this a preview of what’s to come, the …
- How To Detox Your Armpits In 7 Days To Prevent Breast Cancer
Currently, breast cancer is the leading cause of death among women aged 35–54 years old (1). American men have a …
- Could Bitter Melon be the Key to an Alternative Cancer Treatment
Unless you are an enthusiast for Asian cookery, you may not be aware of the bitter melon. This vegetable is …