Apple cider vinegar is truly a natural beauty powerhouse.
Whether it’s used to treat acne, tone skin or condition your hair, ACV can be used for just about anything.
Dry, itchy skin and inflammatory conditions are no exception.
What Is Eczema ?
Eczema is a group of skin condition which cause inflammation and irritation. The skin is typically itchy and characterized by thick and scaly rashes (1).
Eczema can be triggered by soaps, detergent, animal dander, bacterial or fungal infection and certain fabrics and foods. Treatment typically targets pain and itch relief by keeping the skin moist.
Some people take oral or topical medicine, but the the FDA has warned that some prescription ointments like Elidel and Protopic can increase cancer risk.
How To Manage Eczema Naturally
Eczema can be managed by avoiding triggers and allergens like milk, sugar, seafood, corn, soy products, peanuts, preservatives and cosmetic products.
Patients can also find relief by moisturizing frequently, avoiding extreme temperature or humidity, avoiding stressful situations and avoiding sweat.
How Does Vinegar Work ?
Raw, unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) is full of vitamins, mineral and substances such as carotenoids, flavonoids, isoflavones and protease inhibitors (2).
On the other hand, potassium balances pH balance of the skin to reduce inflammation and irritation (4).
Vinegar also works as an antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic agent to fight any infection causing the skin condition (5).
Here’s how you can use this multipurpose food to heal your skin.
1. Use Diluted ACV
Pure ACV can burn and sting the skin if applied directly, that why it’s better to mix it with water.
- To use, mix equal part vinegar and water in a small cup. For sensitive skin, dilute 1/3 cup of vinegar for every 3 cups of water.
- Pour mixture into a spray bottle or sealed container.
- Apply directly to the skin using a cotton ball or simply spray the solution directly onto your skin.
- Use in the morning and at night for relief.
2. Take a Vinegar Bath
If you experience large patched of eczema on your body, nightly vinegar baths will help your manage your condition.
- To use, pour 1-2 cups of ACV into warm but not hot water.
- For extra relief, add a 1/3 a cup of coconut oil.
- Soak for at least half an hour for best results.
3. Soothing Syrup
Soothe your body internally by taking with yummy mix. Pregnant, diabetic and people taking prescription medication should consult their doctor before taking ACV orally.
- Mix a tablespoon of ACV into 16 oz. of hot water.
- Add a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses, honey, or maple syrup to the water to make it easier to stomach.
- Take it up to 3 times a day, half an hour before meals.
- Keep your skin moisturized with coconut oil for best results. You can also apply it on your skin as a balm, wrapping the wound with a clean bandage.
4. Simple ACV Drink
For everyday relief, mix 1-2 tablespoons of ACV into a cup of hot water.
Drink twice a day, with or without honey. To prevent damage to your enamel, dirnk the mixture through a stainless steel straw.
5. Fizzy Eczema Tea
This tea may be hard to drink at first, but it really provides relief.
- Pour two tablespoons of ACV into a cup and add a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Mix and let it rest until it longer fizzes.
- Add half a cup of water and a bit of honey or tea to improve taste.
- DIY Home Remedy Kit for Cold and Flu Season (6 Items)
Noooooo! Summer can’t really be over–so soon! Yes, boys and girls in the Northern Hemisphere, summer is officially over. Children …
- Scientific Proof That Meridian Lines Exist
Western medicine has long set the standard for hospitals and clinics worldwide, but it’s far from the only healing tradition …
- Most Store-Bought Honey Is FAKE And Causes Inflammation! (5 Ways To Test The Purity of Your Honey)
Nobody likes to be deceived. Especially not when it comes to their health. Unfortunately, the reality is that millions of people are unknowingly …
- The Latest Anti Aging Treatment… Bleach Bath?
While many of us will have bleach in our homes as a cleaning agent, recent research has suggested that this …
- Just 8 Weeks of Meditation Is Enough To Increase Gray-Matter In Your Brain
Just eight weeks of practicing meditation can spark measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, stress, sense of self and …
- 60 Minutes On This Bicycle Can Power Your Home For 24 Hours!
Have you ever been at the gym and looked around at all the exercise machines and the people using them …
- Sitting All Day Isn’t Just Bad for The Body, It’s Also Killing Your Memory
It’s no secret that sedentary desk jobs contribute to decreased physical health, and now there’s an additional alarm being sounded. …
- 8 Things You’re Doing That Drive Your Doctor Crazy
With the availability of information constant and instant, many people are taking their health into their own hands, doing research …
- How To Make Your Own Eco-Friendly Laundry Soap
We all need to do our laundry, but if you’re the kind of person who likes to keep an eye …
- 12 Acne Trigger Foods to Avoid (Plus, 10 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Your Pimples)
Acne is an uncomfortable embarrassment most of us seek to avoid. From birth into our 50’s, we can all suffer …
- Do You Sleep With Your Mouth Open? Here’s What You Are Doing To Yourself!
Whether you do it on purpose or not, sleeping or napping with your mouth open is a bad idea. It’s …
- 15 Ingredients To Supercharge Your Smoothies To FIGHT Cancer And Inflammation
You’ve probably already heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is because it kick starts …
- Researchers Discover That 85% of Tampons Are Contaminated With Cancer-Causing Herbicide
Your feminine hygiene products may be poisoning you (1). According to a study done by the University of La Plata, …
- 5 Practical Ways to Use Baking Soda Outside of The Kitchen
Baking soda is a common staple in many kitchens, used for home cleaning and in cooking as well. But this …
- New Evidence On Why You Should Never Go To Bed Angry
Has your mother ever told you not to go to bed angry? If so, she might be right. Sleep ensures …