Apple cider vinegar is probably one of the best things you could drink before a meal.
In some cases, it can even be better than just plain water.
If you’re the kind to feel sluggish or lethargic after a meal, then you’ll want to keep on reading.
Below you’ll discover the many benefits of drinking this superfood.
1. Lowers Blood Sugar
Vinegar has been shown to have numerous benefits for managing blood sugar levels:
- It improves insulin sensitivity during a high-carb meal by 19-34% and significantly lowers blood glucose and insulin responses (1).
- Reduces blood sugar by 34% when eating 50 grams of white bread (2).
- Numerous other studies, in both rats and humans, show that vinegar can increase insulin sensitivity and significantly lower blood sugar responses during meals (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8).
Stable blood sugar levels throughout the day allows your body to be in fat burning mode longer.
2. Improves Iron Absorption
Low levels of stomach acid is linked with heartburn but it also reduces your body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients. For example, foods rich in iron need to be exposed to stomach acid in order to be absorbed. Iron is a necessary component of hemoglobin and myoglobin, which carry oxygen to cells in your body.
3. Appetite Suppressant
For those who are looking to lose weight, apple cider vinegar can help.
Many human studies found that drinking ACV before a meal lowers the amount of total calories eaten during a day by as much as 200-275 calories.
One study showed that “daily vinegar consumption led to reduced belly fat, waist circumference, lower blood triglycerides and weight loss.” (9)
The study was done over 12 weeks and here are the results:
- 1 tablespoon of ACV before a meal: Lost 2.6 pounds
- 2 tablespoons of ACV before a meal: Lost 3.7 pounds
To experience these apple cider vinegar benefits, simply mix 1-2 tablespoons with a cup of water and drink it before each meal.
- One Simple Trick To Regrow Your Lettuce So You Never Have To Pay For A Salad Again
Salad is one of the most underrated meals. Most people think that it’s quite boring, but this meal’s potential is …
- What Happens To Your Body When You Eat Too Much Protein
Protein is a vital part of everyone’s daily diet. It helps build muscle mass, provides vital energy, and helps burn …
- GMO Advocate Says Weedkiller is Safe to Drink…Watch What Happens When He’s Offered a Glass!
Former Greenpeace president and current advocate of GMOs Patrick Moore made a scene on French television, when a reporter asked …
- The American Sugar Consumption
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past decade, chances are you’ve heard or read something about sugar …
- 6 Paleo Egg Replacements To Use In Your Baked Goods
Eggs are the foundation of healthy cooking and baking. Their high fat and protein content make them an ideal binding …
- Study: Kitchen Sponges Are 200,000 Times Dirtier Than a Toilet Seat (And 17 Other Super Dirty Items)
When it comes to cleaning, the bathroom is typically where most of your efforts are focused. You probably make sure …
- How to Make Your Own Air Conditioner in Less Than 15 Minutes With Common Household Items
In the hotter months, it seems like every little thing takes extra effort. Even getting a good night’s sleep seems …
- Natural Substance Found in Ginger Destroys Leukemia Without Harming Normal Cells, Study Finds
A new study is starting to make waves around the world . Scientists have discovered that 6-Shagaol, a primary ingredient in …
- Guava Leaves Can 100% Stop Your Hair Loss and Make it Grow Like Crazy!
Guava: a sweet exotic fruit native to Mexico, Central and South America. One guava fruit contains three times the daily …
- 6 Ways You’re Causing Your Own Memory Loss
Memory loss is a common side effect of aging. Most of us know that we’re supposed to stay mentally active, …
- 6 Foods That Will Do Wonders For Your Digestion
I believe the digestive system is the core of life energy, intuition and longevity. Unfortunately, we’re turning into a bloated …
- This Bug’s Bite Can Make You Temporarily Allergic to Red Meat
It’s a bizarre, circuitous story. The best kind. Several years ago, a researcher working on the development of cancer drug …
- Ancient Map Reveals How Herbal Cures Once Ruled The Land In The U.S. Before Big Pharma Took Over
Long before the world of pharmacies and hospitals, civilization depended on plants to heal common health problems. It’s estimated that …
- 10 Little-Known Reasons Why Stress Is More Harmful To Your Body Than You Think
Chronic stress affects us in very real ways, although it can be a hard thing to measure. Often, because stress …
- How To Grow Lavender At Home To Relieve Stress And Anxiety Every Time You Walk Into The House
Have you ever considered growing lavender? Lavender is perhaps one of the most well-known and widely used herb in the …