Ice cream is one of the most popular desserts enjoyed in the United States.
In the last few years, food trends have buried classic vanilla and chocolate to bring about new exciting flavors like cherry amaretto or salted licorice.
Although these flavors might not appeal to you, there is much to be gained by trying a new spin, like turmeric ice cream. Not only is it savory, it’s also colorful and creamy.
Cashew Ice Cream With Turmeric Recipe
This ice cream takes golden milk to a whole new level.
Serves: 8 cups
Cook Time: 24 hrs
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ of a 14-ounce coconut cream
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp raw pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water overnight. If you’re short on time, simply soak them for 2 hours.
- Once the nuts are soaked, line a meatloaf pan with parchment paper. This will become your ice cream container.
- Place the container in the freezer while you prepare your ingredients.
- Remove the cashews from the water and place them in a food processor with all the other ingredients.
- Pulse until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Remove the prepared pan from the freezer and pour the ice cream mixture into the pan.
- Cover the ice cream with parchment paper so that it comes into contact with the mixture.
- Place the pan in the freezer overnight to harden.
- Top with more pecans and enjoy!
Turmeric is one of the most healthy foods in the world. It’s even more effective than pharmaceutical drugs in treating most diseases.
The rhizome is proven to reduce pain and improve mobility in patients with arthritis or osteoarthritis. It’s even compared to ibuprofen in terms of efficacy. Additionally, it fights bad cholesterol, improves digestion, and reduces inflammation (1).
Best of all, turmeric is easy to use, so get creative!
Cashews give this ice cream a nice creamy texture, but that’s not all. These nuts are full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants (3). Among other things, they contain vitamins E, K, and B6, along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and selenium.
These nutrients fight heart disease by helping the body form and utilize red blood cells. Cashews also contain arginine, a compound which protects the inner lining of artery walls.
Their heart-healthy fats and protein help you maintain a healthy weight. Plus, cashews can even decrease your risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality (4).
- “Organic” Food From China Found To Be Highly Contaminated
With increasing awareness of the benefits of proper nutrition, organic food has taken the world by storm. Organic food sales …
- How To Use Coffee Beans To Get Rid Of Dark Under Eye Circles
Nobody likes having dark under eye circles. Many try all kinds of things to conceal them. Unfortunately, doing this doesn’t actually tackle the …
- 5 Key Reasons to Include Hemp Seeds in Your Daily Diet
Hemp can be used for many countless things, from building homes to the remediation of contaminated soil. In terms of nutrition, there …
- 12 Most Common Toxins Found In Personal Care Products
The skin is your largest organ, what you put on it is absorbed into your bloodstream. The average woman in the …
- How to Lose Weight: the Ultimate Guide
According to the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control, more than seventy percent of adults in the U.S. are overweight …
- Study Proves Microwave Radiation Directly Affects Your Heart – Why You Need To Ditch Your Microwave Oven
Have you ever wondered why some restaurants post warning signs for customers with pacemakers that the establishment uses a microwave …
- 1.5 Million Dust Mites May Be Living In Your Bed! Destroy Them By Doing This ONE Thing
Making your bed first thing in the morning may not be as beneficial as you’ve been led to believe. In …
- Are You Washing Your Hands Correctly?
You probably wash your hands more times a day than you can count, but if you’re like most people, it’s …
- Maryland To Become First State to Ban Bee-Killing Pesticides
Pesticides have become an ever-increasing problem for wildlife and biodiversity. One of the most vulnerable victims to these chemicals has …
- “Super Lice” Outbreak Hits 25 States: Here’s What You Can Do To Get Rid of Them Naturally
There’s an outbreak of drug-resistant head lice in half of U.S. states and they’re kind of a big problem, especially …
- States With Medical Marijuana Have Fewer Painkiller Overdose Deaths
We’re finally on the right track. At least the statistics indicate so. For decades, marijuana has been illegal for growth, …
- 10 Weight Loss Habits That Can Help You Lose Over 20-30 Lbs And Keep It Off
Fad diets can help you to lose weight quickly. You’ll probably be impressed with the results after a week. But …
- Fatty Liver Disease: 6 Symptoms You Need to Know
Fatty liver disease can be severely detrimental to your body and your health. Though it doesn’t cause any problems in …
- Fish Oils Save Young Accident Victims from Permanent Brain Damage
Every once in a great while, mainstream doctors look away from their “standard of care” medical bags and dare to …
- The Product That Should Be Hydrating Your Chapped Lips Could Be Poisoning You
Having dry lips is one of the most annoying things that seems to happen all the time. The more your …