Ice cream is one of the most popular desserts enjoyed in the United States.
In the last few years, food trends have buried classic vanilla and chocolate to bring about new exciting flavors like cherry amaretto or salted licorice.
Although these flavors might not appeal to you, there is much to be gained by trying a new spin, like turmeric ice cream. Not only is it savory, it’s also colorful and creamy.
Cashew Ice Cream With Turmeric Recipe
This ice cream takes golden milk to a whole new level.
Serves: 8 cups
Cook Time: 24 hrs
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ of a 14-ounce coconut cream
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp raw pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water overnight. If you’re short on time, simply soak them for 2 hours.
- Once the nuts are soaked, line a meatloaf pan with parchment paper. This will become your ice cream container.
- Place the container in the freezer while you prepare your ingredients.
- Remove the cashews from the water and place them in a food processor with all the other ingredients.
- Pulse until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Remove the prepared pan from the freezer and pour the ice cream mixture into the pan.
- Cover the ice cream with parchment paper so that it comes into contact with the mixture.
- Place the pan in the freezer overnight to harden.
- Top with more pecans and enjoy!
Turmeric is one of the most healthy foods in the world. It’s even more effective than pharmaceutical drugs in treating most diseases.
The rhizome is proven to reduce pain and improve mobility in patients with arthritis or osteoarthritis. It’s even compared to ibuprofen in terms of efficacy. Additionally, it fights bad cholesterol, improves digestion, and reduces inflammation (1).
Best of all, turmeric is easy to use, so get creative!
Cashews give this ice cream a nice creamy texture, but that’s not all. These nuts are full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants (3). Among other things, they contain vitamins E, K, and B6, along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and selenium.
These nutrients fight heart disease by helping the body form and utilize red blood cells. Cashews also contain arginine, a compound which protects the inner lining of artery walls.
Their heart-healthy fats and protein help you maintain a healthy weight. Plus, cashews can even decrease your risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality (4).
- 14 Houseplants That Thrive In Low Light
While most plants crave plenty of natural light, for indoor plant lovers, it’s not always feasible to have these sun-loving …
- Victory! World’s Largest Spice Company To Go Organic And Non-GMO by 2016
Organic and non-GMO products have really taken over mainstream market trends. Last year, American spice giant McCormick announced that 80% …
- Destroy Dry, Itchy, Winter Skin With The Remedies in Your Kitchen
Reduced humidity combined with colder temperatures tends to wreak havoc on your skin. Many suffer with dry, scaly, itchy skin …
- 6 Ways to Boost a Slow Metabolism. Just Doing #5 Helps A Lot.
The dreaded slow metabolism is a frequent roadblock in the effort to get fit by losing weight. If your body …
- Why Homemade Sauerkraut Could Be Your Secret Weapon Against Fat, Cancer And Heart Disease
When it comes to probiotics, most people think of pills or yogurt, but there are many other foods that have …
- Creamy, Easy To Make, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, Coconut Ice Cream
Dessert sure is sweet, but it typically comes with a price. That being said, it can be healthy and satisfying …
- Big City Jail Creates Ingenious Way to Rehabilitate Prisoners. (and Feed Them, Too!)
(DenverPost) Instead of inmate beds, a bed of lettuce sits in the Denver jail’s Palmer Building, where a convict dormitory …
- Here’s Why You Should Never, Ever Clean Your Ears With a Q-Tip
If you’ve ever heard that you shouldn’t stick anything in your ears for any reason, you should heed that advice. …
- This Is Definitely One of The Best Drug Commercials You’ll Ever See!
Nature RX, Part 1 is the first video in a three-part series that show how spending more time in nature improves your …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 4 Most Common Ways Your Body Tries To Warn You About Cancer
Given that over seven and a half million people will die from cancer this year, it’s natural for dread to …
- Watch How Cannabis Ravages Cancer Cells. This Is Mind-Blowing.
Believe it or not, marijuana actually has a long-standing use in Native American traditional medicine and was considered a cure-all …
- GMO Advocate Says Weedkiller is Safe to Drink…Watch What Happens When He’s Offered a Glass!
Former Greenpeace president and current advocate of GMOs Patrick Moore made a scene on French television, when a reporter asked …
- 6 Paleo Egg Replacements To Use In Your Baked Goods
Eggs are the foundation of healthy cooking and baking. Their high fat and protein content make them an ideal binding …
- 4 Natural Ways To Get Rid of That Awful Shoe Smell!
Some shoes trap odour more than others, retaining sweat in which bacteria grows and produces that distinctive unpleasant “old shoe” …