Ice cream is one of the most popular desserts enjoyed in the United States.
In the last few years, food trends have buried classic vanilla and chocolate to bring about new exciting flavors like cherry amaretto or salted licorice.
Although these flavors might not appeal to you, there is much to be gained by trying a new spin, like turmeric ice cream. Not only is it savory, it’s also colorful and creamy.
Cashew Ice Cream With Turmeric Recipe
This ice cream takes golden milk to a whole new level.
Serves: 8 cups
Cook Time: 24 hrs
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ of a 14-ounce coconut cream
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp raw pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water overnight. If you’re short on time, simply soak them for 2 hours.
- Once the nuts are soaked, line a meatloaf pan with parchment paper. This will become your ice cream container.
- Place the container in the freezer while you prepare your ingredients.
- Remove the cashews from the water and place them in a food processor with all the other ingredients.
- Pulse until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Remove the prepared pan from the freezer and pour the ice cream mixture into the pan.
- Cover the ice cream with parchment paper so that it comes into contact with the mixture.
- Place the pan in the freezer overnight to harden.
- Top with more pecans and enjoy!
Turmeric is one of the most healthy foods in the world. It’s even more effective than pharmaceutical drugs in treating most diseases.
The rhizome is proven to reduce pain and improve mobility in patients with arthritis or osteoarthritis. It’s even compared to ibuprofen in terms of efficacy. Additionally, it fights bad cholesterol, improves digestion, and reduces inflammation (1).
Best of all, turmeric is easy to use, so get creative!
Cashews give this ice cream a nice creamy texture, but that’s not all. These nuts are full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants (3). Among other things, they contain vitamins E, K, and B6, along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and selenium.
These nutrients fight heart disease by helping the body form and utilize red blood cells. Cashews also contain arginine, a compound which protects the inner lining of artery walls.
Their heart-healthy fats and protein help you maintain a healthy weight. Plus, cashews can even decrease your risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality (4).
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …
- Here’s What You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Baking Soda (From Fighting Heartburn To Cancer)
Baking soda is one of those things that can do pretty much anything. Whether you use it for cleaning, personal hygiene …
- Try the World’s 7 Easiest Exercises for Back Fat and Underarm Flab
Fitness is a whole-body state. Muscle strength and tone along with cardiovascular health go together to complete the picture. No …
- Remove All Toxins From The Body In 3 Days (Prevent Cancer, Excess Fat And Water Retention!)
If you’re feeling tired or sluggish, it may be time to cleanse and detox your body. Things like stress, poor …
- 20 Natural Ways to Cleanse Your Lungs
Most of us take breathing for granted. Even if you don’t smoke or experience respiratory problems, an occasional lung cleanse …
- 14 Early Warning Signs Of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know (Millions Are Exposed Every Day)
When you hear the word mold, you often think of rotten food or dirty showers in bathrooms, but this very …
- How to Effectively Remove a Painful Ingrown Toenail WITHOUT Having To Go To The Doctor
If you ever suffered from an ingrown toenail, then you know that it’s not only super painful, it’s also hard …
- THIS Is What Happens To Your Face After Washing It With Coconut Oil and Baking Soda
Baking soda and coconut oil face wash, can be very good for washing your face. Exfoliating your skin has become …