Some parts of the body hold on to fat longer than others.
If you are like many people, no matter how much you exercise or how carefully you eat, those stubborn spots don’t seem to want to go away.
Unfortunately, there’s no such thing as targeting an area for weight loss. Your body has a mind of its own, regardless of your wishes.
Boost Your Metabolism
Boosting your metabolism will energize your whole body. Keeping your body working at a higher level will use up more calories to burn belly fat and tone other troublesome areas.
“Metabolism” is an over-arching term that covers all the chemical processes that take place in your body to perpetuate life: from breaking down food to cells using energy (calories) from nutrients.
Nutrition and activity are therefore the two key factors in your individual metabolism. Genetics also play a part in how your body functions internally.
Curious? Watch the video below for a brief tutorial on metabolism:
Your metabolic rate is important in the context of weight loss because a rapid metabolism will increase energy expenditure. To get rid of those last pockets of unsightly bulges, increasing your metabolism will help to burn off fat even after you’ve stopped exercising.
Belly Fat Burning Workout
The following exercises can be done at home to get your heart pumping, blood flowing, and cells working overtime.
Interval training works by alternating bursts of intense activity with short breaks, promoting anaerobic capacity. Don’t try to do them all at once: the rest between sets is as important as performing the exercise.
This group of three exercises will take five minutes to do but the effects will continue to help burn belly fat long after your workout.
1. Bear Crawl
Engaging your core will tone and strengthen your torso. Form is important: your back should remain absolutely flat throughout so that the abdominal muscles are doing most of the work.
- Kneel on the floor with your knees directly below hips. Place your hands on the floor in front of you so that they are directly below the shoulders.
- Raise your knees slightly off the floor by pushing up on the balls of your feet.
- Crawl forward with opposite-side arms and legs together: right arm/left leg forward, then left arm/right leg forward, keeping heels off the floor and weight evenly distributed between the balls of the feet and the hands. Make sure to keep your back straight and your hips low.
- Take 10 steps forward and 10 steps back. It’s harder than it sounds and may take a little practice to perfect the form.
- Rest for 30-60 seconds and do as many reps as you like.
2. Cross-Switch Jumps
Lunges work your core, back, glutes, and quadriceps.
Make sure your lunge form is correct before you pick up speed—check in the mirror to verify that your head, neck, and back are aligned with the back leg. Also, the front knee should be directly over the ankle so you don’t strain the joints. Both knees should be at 90° angles.
If you’re new to lunges, start with simple lunges first before quickening the pace.
- Stand with your feet together and hands on your hips.
- Lunge forward with the right leg, then quickly push up through the right heel and jump to switch legs so that your left leg moves forward into a lunge. Your torso should remain facing forward.
- With each lunge, go down toward the floor until the back knee is almost touching it.
- Do as many as you can in 30 seconds, rest for 30-60 seconds, then do another set.
3. Plank Walk Tuck Reach
Anything with a jump will get your heart pumping!
This exercise combines a reach with a plank walk to jump tuck. Start slowly until you get the hang of it, then do as many as you can in 30 seconds. Break for 30-60 seconds between sets.
- Stand with your feet together and arms straight up.
- Bending at the hips, lower your hands to the floor and walk them forward to a plank position: hands in line with the shoulders, and legs outstretched with the balls of the feet on the floor. Imagine a straight line from the top of your head to the heels of your feet.
- From the plank, jump both feet forward to behind your hands then jump back into a plank.
- Walk your hands back toward your feet and stand straight with your arms up to return to the starting position.
For best results, perform all 3 exercises in a row every day. As they get easier, repeat the whole belly fat burning workout two or three times daily, resting in between each set.
- Top 10 Morning Habits To Guarantee Goodness In Your Day
The morning is a time of hope: the day is young, and you have the power to make it what it …
- Top 5 Weight Loss Drinks You Need To Try
Thinking about losing a few extra pounds? The only true way to shed off unwanted weight is with a strict …
- The Scary Reason Europe Just Recalled This Whisky
A popular brand of alcohol in both the U.S. and overseas has recently been recalled for an unnerving reason… it’s content …
- Best DIY Homemade Toner for Acne Prone Skin
A homemade toner for acne prone skin should be two things: simple and economical. No long list of required ingredients, …
- 15 Anti-cancer Tips Gathered From The Best Natural Cancer Protocols Ever Discovered
The best method to prevent cancer from ever developing is not giving it any reasons to do so. But that isn’t …
- How To Drink Your Excess Weight Away In 8 Weeks
It’s no secret that obesity has become one of the most wide-spread medical conditions worldwide. And while being overweight is …
- Here’s Why You Need To Wash Your Hair With Apple Cider Vinegar At Least Once In Your Lifetime!
As more and more people eschew expensive, chemical-filled shampoos and conditioners for more natural hair treatments, a superhero in the …
- CVS Pharmacies to Stop Tobacco Sales: Big Blow to Big Tobacco
Even if you don’t smoke, you should be celebrating CVS’s latest move. Starting October 1 of this year, you will no longer …
- He Burns Coffee Grounds in His Backyard. The Reason? Genius!
Summer is one of the most wonderful times of the year. It would be even better if it weren’t for all …
- This Is What Tapping THESE Points On Your Body Can Do For You!
Emotions are an essential part of what makes us human. They are at once one of the most enriching elements …
- This Miraculous Drink Will Work Wonders For Your Thyroid
A healthy thyroid means a healthy you! The thyroid gland is responsible for regulating our metabolism. It helps maintain our weight, improves digestion, skin …
- Johnson & Johnson Loses Again, Jury Awards Woman $70m For Baby Powder Causing Her Cancer
In another high-profile case, a California woman has won 70$ million in her lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson. She claimed …
- Top 11 Reasons Why Your Metabolism Isn’t Working at 100%
In spite of all the information and all the prescriptions offered by modern diets, people just keep getting fatter. This …
- Bionic Ear Delivers DNA to Regrow Auditory Nerve Cells
It’s been many years since the $6-million man showed us what technology can do for the human body; at the …
- Cooking With Canola Releases More Toxic Cancer-Causing Chemicals Than Any Other Type of Oil
Experts recommend frying foods in coconut or extra virgin olive oil as opposed to vegetable oils. They even go so …