Some parts of the body hold on to fat longer than others.
If you are like many people, no matter how much you exercise or how carefully you eat, those stubborn spots don’t seem to want to go away.
Unfortunately, there’s no such thing as targeting an area for weight loss. Your body has a mind of its own, regardless of your wishes.
Boost Your Metabolism
Boosting your metabolism will energize your whole body. Keeping your body working at a higher level will use up more calories to burn belly fat and tone other troublesome areas.
“Metabolism” is an over-arching term that covers all the chemical processes that take place in your body to perpetuate life: from breaking down food to cells using energy (calories) from nutrients.
Nutrition and activity are therefore the two key factors in your individual metabolism. Genetics also play a part in how your body functions internally.
Curious? Watch the video below for a brief tutorial on metabolism:
Your metabolic rate is important in the context of weight loss because a rapid metabolism will increase energy expenditure. To get rid of those last pockets of unsightly bulges, increasing your metabolism will help to burn off fat even after you’ve stopped exercising.
Belly Fat Burning Workout
The following exercises can be done at home to get your heart pumping, blood flowing, and cells working overtime.
Interval training works by alternating bursts of intense activity with short breaks, promoting anaerobic capacity. Don’t try to do them all at once: the rest between sets is as important as performing the exercise.
This group of three exercises will take five minutes to do but the effects will continue to help burn belly fat long after your workout.
1. Bear Crawl
Engaging your core will tone and strengthen your torso. Form is important: your back should remain absolutely flat throughout so that the abdominal muscles are doing most of the work.
- Kneel on the floor with your knees directly below hips. Place your hands on the floor in front of you so that they are directly below the shoulders.
- Raise your knees slightly off the floor by pushing up on the balls of your feet.
- Crawl forward with opposite-side arms and legs together: right arm/left leg forward, then left arm/right leg forward, keeping heels off the floor and weight evenly distributed between the balls of the feet and the hands. Make sure to keep your back straight and your hips low.
- Take 10 steps forward and 10 steps back. It’s harder than it sounds and may take a little practice to perfect the form.
- Rest for 30-60 seconds and do as many reps as you like.
2. Cross-Switch Jumps
Lunges work your core, back, glutes, and quadriceps.
Make sure your lunge form is correct before you pick up speed—check in the mirror to verify that your head, neck, and back are aligned with the back leg. Also, the front knee should be directly over the ankle so you don’t strain the joints. Both knees should be at 90° angles.
If you’re new to lunges, start with simple lunges first before quickening the pace.
- Stand with your feet together and hands on your hips.
- Lunge forward with the right leg, then quickly push up through the right heel and jump to switch legs so that your left leg moves forward into a lunge. Your torso should remain facing forward.
- With each lunge, go down toward the floor until the back knee is almost touching it.
- Do as many as you can in 30 seconds, rest for 30-60 seconds, then do another set.
3. Plank Walk Tuck Reach
Anything with a jump will get your heart pumping!
This exercise combines a reach with a plank walk to jump tuck. Start slowly until you get the hang of it, then do as many as you can in 30 seconds. Break for 30-60 seconds between sets.
- Stand with your feet together and arms straight up.
- Bending at the hips, lower your hands to the floor and walk them forward to a plank position: hands in line with the shoulders, and legs outstretched with the balls of the feet on the floor. Imagine a straight line from the top of your head to the heels of your feet.
- From the plank, jump both feet forward to behind your hands then jump back into a plank.
- Walk your hands back toward your feet and stand straight with your arms up to return to the starting position.
For best results, perform all 3 exercises in a row every day. As they get easier, repeat the whole belly fat burning workout two or three times daily, resting in between each set.
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …
- Here’s What You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Baking Soda (From Fighting Heartburn To Cancer)
Baking soda is one of those things that can do pretty much anything. Whether you use it for cleaning, personal hygiene …
- Try the World’s 7 Easiest Exercises for Back Fat and Underarm Flab
Fitness is a whole-body state. Muscle strength and tone along with cardiovascular health go together to complete the picture. No …
- Remove All Toxins From The Body In 3 Days (Prevent Cancer, Excess Fat And Water Retention!)
If you’re feeling tired or sluggish, it may be time to cleanse and detox your body. Things like stress, poor …
- 20 Natural Ways to Cleanse Your Lungs
Most of us take breathing for granted. Even if you don’t smoke or experience respiratory problems, an occasional lung cleanse …