If so, your body’s ability to take out the trash might be compromised.
Toxins Cause Weight Gain
Our bodies are constantly bombarded by environmental toxins. These dangerous chemicals can make their way into our bodies and disrupt our ability to balance blood sugar and metabolize cholesterol (1).
Scientists at the CDC found that nearly every person they examined had a host of toxic chemicals stored in fatty tissue, including flame retardants and Bisphenol-A, a hormone-like substance found in plastics (2).
Many studies have shown that fat cells accumulate toxic chemicals faster than any other part in the body (3). One of the possible reasons why the body does this is to protect your internal organs.
In an interview with TheEcologist, Dr. Paula Baillie-Hamilton explains that one of the few things that can actually get rid of lower levels of chemicals in the body is vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
Detoxification is a healthy and natural way to help your body get rid of harmful toxins. Here’s a simple detox drink worth trying.
Detox Drink Recipe
- 12 oz. Water
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 tsp. Turmeric (how turmeric helps the liver)
- a dash of black pepper
Just mix everything together and drink daily!
- 8 Sleeping Positions and Their Effects on Health
Getting enough sleep is most important – but did you know that how you sleep can also impact your health? …
- Monsanto’s Secret Is Out: Glyphosate Is In Your Food
When growing food crops, any farmer wants to harvest as much as possible and minimize what falls prey to insects …
- How To Make Smudge Sticks That Eliminate Negative Energy And Stress From Any Space
Ancient healers used the power of plants to heal both physical and spiritual ailments thousands of years ago. Today, the …
- How to Limit Noise Induced Hearing Loss
With over 360 million people suffering from disabling hearing loss throughout the world, and 16% of that figure being attributed …
- Nestle Plans To Hijack Michigan’s Water And Doesn’t Give A Damn About Flint Crisis
There are essentially two things we absolutely need to survive in the very short term. One is obviously air, the second …
- These 23 Restaurants Have the Most Antibiotics in their Meat – Avoid Them!
Antibiotic resistance. You may have heard the phrase shouted about in health circles, but what does it really mean? Of course, …
- The Health Dangers of Sleep Deprivation
Do you know how much sleep you need? Recently, BBC News covered a story on an athlete who was killed …
- E-Cigarettes Are 95% Less Harmful Than Regular Cigarettes But They Still Contain Harmful Carcinogens
E-cigarettes, while less toxic than they’re non-electronic counterparts, are not nearly as harmless as advertised. A recent Centers for Disease …
- 8 Proven Weight Loss Tips For Women: Watch The Pounds Melt Away
Women are naturally predisposed to have a higher BMI than men (1). This is because women need a certain amount …
- Is Your Lack of Sleep Contributing To Your Weight Gain & Depression
A new study has presented findings showing that the root cause of obesity may be caused initially by a person’s …
- Bad Cholesterol Activates Signaling Pathway That Promotes Cancer
We know that an accumulation of fat on the interior of artery walls–known as plaque–causes artheriosclerosis and contributes to heart …
- 6 Ways to Balance Hormones Naturally
Hormones are biochemicals that regulate how the body functions. When it comes down to it, they play a part in …
- Your Body is Killing Spontaneous Cancers As You Read This
It takes no more than 100 seconds for the body’s immune cells to identify and kill a cancer cell. Immune …
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Doctor Even if You Feel Healthy
The seemingly endless questions, and all of the poking and prodding that comes with having to endure a physical checkup …
- 8 Ways Working The Night Shift Hurts Your Health. Here’s What You Can Do About It
The U.S. has become a country requiring workers, 24×7. We can shop for groceries at 2:00 a.m., we can speak with …