If so, your body’s ability to take out the trash might be compromised.
Toxins Cause Weight Gain
Our bodies are constantly bombarded by environmental toxins. These dangerous chemicals can make their way into our bodies and disrupt our ability to balance blood sugar and metabolize cholesterol (1).
Scientists at the CDC found that nearly every person they examined had a host of toxic chemicals stored in fatty tissue, including flame retardants and Bisphenol-A, a hormone-like substance found in plastics (2).
Many studies have shown that fat cells accumulate toxic chemicals faster than any other part in the body (3). One of the possible reasons why the body does this is to protect your internal organs.
In an interview with TheEcologist, Dr. Paula Baillie-Hamilton explains that one of the few things that can actually get rid of lower levels of chemicals in the body is vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
Detoxification is a healthy and natural way to help your body get rid of harmful toxins. Here’s a simple detox drink worth trying.
Detox Drink Recipe
- 12 oz. Water
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 tsp. Turmeric (how turmeric helps the liver)
- a dash of black pepper
Just mix everything together and drink daily!
- 6 Surprising Ways To Use Garlic In The Garden
As you probably already know, eating garlic is good for you. What you probably didn’t know is that it can also be …
- Medicinal Cannabis Is Slowly Replacing Several Prescription Medications
Since cannabis was legalized for medicinal and recreational purposes in the US, there has been a significant drop in opioid …
- Easy Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Preventing Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the leading health concerns in the Western world. Type II diabetes, the “lifestyle” disease that we …
- How To Make Your Own Eco-Friendly Laundry Soap
We all need to do our laundry, but if you’re the kind of person who likes to keep an eye …
- Horrific Birth Defects in Washington State Has Experts Baffled
There is something seriously wrong in the fertile Yakima Valley region of Washington. A surging number of babies are being …
- 7 Herbs That Help Reduce Stress Naturally
There’s nothing good about stress – multiple studies show that stress is associated with weight gain, cardiovascular issues, and countless …
- Toxicity and Nutrient Deficiency Cause Chronic Disease
Over the past 150 years throughout the coming of age of the industrialized world, what we eat and how we …
- Constantly Tired? Try These 10 Adaptogenic Herbs!
Modern herbalists say adaptogenic herbs are plants with properties that exert a normalizing influence on the body, neither habit-forming, over-stimulating …
- This Natural Food Could End The Use of Harmful Pesticides And There’s Already a Patent For It
This article first appeared on JeffereyJaxen. Humanity is facing a toxicity problem as our immediate environment becomes increasingly riddled with pesticides. They are …
- Courts Quietly Confirm MMR Vaccine Causes Autism
After decades of passionate debate, parents probably missed the repeated admissions by drug companies and governments alike that vaccines do …
- 3-Ingredient Celery Juice To Quickly Detox Your Kidneys, Heart And Joints
Detoxifying your body doesn’t stop at your liver, you also have to focus on tissues that accumulate heavy metals and …
- This Ginormous Factory Farm Can Grow 10,000 Heads of Lettuce per Day
Is it coincidence that the name of an enormous factory lettuce farm in Japan is located in the Miyagi Prefecture? …
- This French Beekeeper Trained His Bees To Make Honey From Cannabis
Honey and cannabis are some of the most healing natural substances known to man. While one is available nearly all …
- The 4 Worst Weight Loss Advice You Should Ignore
Weight loss is a tricky subject to discuss. There are plenty of tips and tricks out there that are supposedly …
- 5 of the Best DIY Toothpaste Recipes
Did you know your current toothpaste could be harming your health? Yes, from toxic ingredients such as Triclosan (an antibacterial agent) …