The American diet is full of bad fats, excess sugar and salt. These things can all contribute to severe heart problems.
In fact heart disease – which is caused in part by a poor diet – is the leading cause of death in America. via CDC
Thankfully, you can actually reverse heart disease by maintaining a healthy weight, diet and exercise regime. If you still need a little boost, try this recipe!
Amish Cholesterol-Lowering Remedy
It’s a little hard to swallow, but it can dramatically improve your health!
- 1 clove of raw garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon of organic, freshly squeezed lemon juice (with pulp)
- 1 thumb of organic ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of raw, organic, unfiltered honey
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at a low speed until smooth and uniform.
- Spoon the mix into a jar and refrigerate.
- Drink small amounts throughout the day, before every meal.
- If you can’t handle the taste, you can dilute the mix in a glass of water before drinking it.
What each ingredient does:
Lemon with pulp contains vitamin C, flavonoids and dietary fiber, which have all been proven to lower cholesterol (1).
Honey has mild effect in protecting arteries against cholesterol build up (2).
Ginger significantly lowers cholesterol and triglycerides levels in patients suffering from diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, nephrotic syndrome, and alcoholism (3).
Raw garlic lowers triglycerides, glucose and cholesterol levels in the blood of mouse models (4). It can also help prevent atherosclerosis.
Apple Cider Vinegar improves blood sugar control, insulin levels, and high triglyceride levels in patients with type 2 diabetes (5).
- 30 Reasons To NEVER Put Another M&M In Your Mouth Ever Again
M&M’s can be hard to resist. Especially, if you grew up with them. Yet, very few people know about the …
- When Your Doctor Suggests Regular Mammograms, This Is What You Need To Say Back!
Take caution when your doctor suggests mammograms. You can read the video transcript from the interview conducted with Dr. Ben Johnson below: …
- 10 Yoga Positions To Help Lose Belly Fat
For most people, getting fit not only makes you feel better physically and mentally, desired weight loss happens as a …
- 6 Little-Known Facts About Acid Reflux Doctors Don’t Always Tell You
Everyone’s heard of heartburn, a classic symptom of acid reflux. Acid reflux happens when the ring of muscle known as …
- Put This 2-ingredient Water Mixture In Your Nose With A Neti Pot And Watch What Happens
Congestion is never fun, but it can certainly be managed. While many people rely on decongestant spray, these products can …
- What Happens If You Drink Water With Honey On An Empty Stomach!
Honey is often used to enhance the flavor of hot and cold beverages. It’s also used to increase the nutritional value …
- 10 Signs You May Have an Ulcer
An ulcer is a painful sore in the stomach lining or at the opening of the small intestine. Ulcers happen …
- How The Pharmaceutical Industry Is Partly Responsible For Creating “Superbugs”
While antibiotic drugs like penicillin have saved countless lives and eliminated most public health threats like syphilis, there is a …
- 2 Ingredient Solution For Knee Pain Relief May Save You From Surgery
Your knees are the most important joints in your body. They’re also the largest. Not only do they support your …
- How To Use Coffee Beans To Get Rid Of Dark Under Eye Circles
Nobody likes having dark under eye circles. Many try all kinds of things to conceal them. Unfortunately, doing this doesn’t actually tackle the …
- When Is The Right Time To Eat A Banana?
Most people avoid eating bananas when they are slightly green or once they begin to get brown spots. Despite what …
- How Toxic Is Your Neighborhood’s Air? This Map Knows for Sure.
Technology and humans have a two-way action/reaction relationship. Sometimes technological capacity influences our lives and sometimes we endeavor to devise means …
- 6 Ways You’re Causing Your Own Memory Loss
Memory loss is a common side effect of aging. Most of us know that we’re supposed to stay mentally active, …
- 7 Lesser-Known Signs of Vitamin D Deficiency Most People Miss
Vitamin D deficiency is a problem which affects more people than you might think – since 2008, it has been …
- Burn Belly Fat Fast with This 6 Minute Exercise Circuit
When we think of our “core”, we may think only of our abdominal and pelvic muscles. Physiologically speaking, the core …