The American diet is full of bad fats, excess sugar and salt. These things can all contribute to severe heart problems.
In fact heart disease – which is caused in part by a poor diet – is the leading cause of death in America. via CDC
Thankfully, you can actually reverse heart disease by maintaining a healthy weight, diet and exercise regime. If you still need a little boost, try this recipe!
Amish Cholesterol-Lowering Remedy
It’s a little hard to swallow, but it can dramatically improve your health!
- 1 clove of raw garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon of organic, freshly squeezed lemon juice (with pulp)
- 1 thumb of organic ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of raw, organic, unfiltered honey
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at a low speed until smooth and uniform.
- Spoon the mix into a jar and refrigerate.
- Drink small amounts throughout the day, before every meal.
- If you can’t handle the taste, you can dilute the mix in a glass of water before drinking it.
What each ingredient does:
Lemon with pulp contains vitamin C, flavonoids and dietary fiber, which have all been proven to lower cholesterol (1).