The American diet is full of bad fats, excess sugar and salt. These things can all contribute to severe heart problems.
In fact heart disease – which is caused in part by a poor diet – is the leading cause of death in America. via CDC
Thankfully, you can actually reverse heart disease by maintaining a healthy weight, diet and exercise regime. If you still need a little boost, try this recipe!
Amish Cholesterol-Lowering Remedy
It’s a little hard to swallow, but it can dramatically improve your health!
- 1 clove of raw garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon of organic, freshly squeezed lemon juice (with pulp)
- 1 thumb of organic ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of raw, organic, unfiltered honey
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at a low speed until smooth and uniform.
- Spoon the mix into a jar and refrigerate.
- Drink small amounts throughout the day, before every meal.
- If you can’t handle the taste, you can dilute the mix in a glass of water before drinking it.
What each ingredient does:
Lemon with pulp contains vitamin C, flavonoids and dietary fiber, which have all been proven to lower cholesterol (1).
Honey has mild effect in protecting arteries against cholesterol build up (2).
Ginger significantly lowers cholesterol and triglycerides levels in patients suffering from diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, nephrotic syndrome, and alcoholism (3).
Raw garlic lowers triglycerides, glucose and cholesterol levels in the blood of mouse models (4). It can also help prevent atherosclerosis.
Apple Cider Vinegar improves blood sugar control, insulin levels, and high triglyceride levels in patients with type 2 diabetes (5).