There’s nothing quite like eating a warm, decadent brownie on a rainy day. But if you have food sensitivities or follow a restrictive diet, it may be difficult for you to actually find a recipe that meets your dietary needs without being overloaded with sugar and processed junk.
The recipe below hits all the marks by replacing wheat-based flour with almond butter, which is full of fiber and protein. Plus, the nut butter keeps the brownies moist and chewy to make sure that every bite is just as good as the last.
The Joy of Almonds
Almonds are one of the most popular nuts in the North American diet, behind peanuts of course.
It plays a role in hundreds of bodily functions, including those of the arteries, blood, bones, muscles, heart and nerves.
Magnesium even helps regulate mood by reversing the devastating effects of chronic stress and promoting relaxation.
These nuts are chock-full of calcium, which is essential for the proper maintenance and function of the nervous system, and cardiovascular system, where it plays a role in regulating blood pressure and enabling blood clot function.
The mineral is also used to strengthen bones and teeth. (4).
Other important nutrients that almonds contain include riboflavin, copper, and phosphorous.
Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies
This delicious recipe takes less than 25 minutes to make from start to finish and makes 9-16 brownies.
For best results, use all-organic ingredients.
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp raw virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter (for drizzle)
2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Add almond butter, eggs, milk, oil, syrup and vanilla to a medium-sized glass bowl.
- Combine using an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cocoa, baking soda and salt and continue mixing until smooth and well combined. If you wish, use a spoon to stir in chocolate chips.
- Oil up a tempered glass pan using coconut oil or organic butter and pour the batter into the pan.
- Melt 2 tbsp of almond butter using a double broiler or a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle the melted butter over your batter.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, cool, cut, and enjoy!
- When You Find Out What Onion Skins Can Do For You, You’ll Stop Throwing Them Away…Who Knew?!
Americans toss forty percent of the food they buy. On top of that, most people throw away (hopefully at least …
- Nature’s Top 10 Sources of Phytochemicals That Selectively Trigger Cancer Cells To Self-Destruct
With almost a million estimated new cases of cancer each year in the United States alone(1), it’s small wonder that …
- That Weird, White String Inside Your Raw Egg Is Actually a Good Thing. Here’s What It Means…
The egg is a morning staple in many diets around the world. They’re quick to cook and loaded with nutrients. …
- Eating Fast Food Slows Down The Brain, Study Finds
By now most American parents know the super-size effects of fast food on their kids’ bodies (just ask McDonald’s how …
- The Fastest Way to Improve Your Diet
When considering a healthy diet, many people have come to understand that nothing happens overnight. Instead, it is understood that …
- 5 Mouth-Watering Apple Recipes
No need to over-complicate things when searching for that healthy snack in the supermarket when an apple can provide you …
- 7 “Good” Foods You Can Overdose On. Unexpected Bizarre to Deadly Side Effects.
Even with healthy food, there can be too much of a good thing. Watch your intake of these healthy foods …
- Massive 10-Year Study Has Linked Diet Soda To Heart Attacks And Stroke
Just because a product says “healthy”, “natural”, or “sugar-free” doesn’t mean it’s good for you. Same goes for the word …
- 3 Tips For Building Muscle On a Vegan Diet
Ask any vegan or vegetarian and they’ll tell you that the question that they get most about their diet is, …
- 27 Turmeric Recipes That Will Spice Up Your Life
Turmeric is the superfood that makes our cooking dazzle. But it does ever so much more than simply flavor and color our food. Cooking …
- Cinnamon and Magnesium Lower Blood Pressure More Than Any Medication In The World
Supplementation with cinnamon has been found to lower blood pressure in pre-diabetic and diabetic people. Cinnamon combined with magnesium, diet …
- Is Eating Meat a Healthy Choice?
One of the biggest questions for many individuals today as they attempt to choose a dietary plan is whether or …
- A-Z List of Dangerous Food Ingredients You Should Avoid
Acrylamides These are toxic cancer causing chemicals that typically forms in starchy foods when they are baked, fried or roasted …
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Diet Soda
Unfortunately, the food and beverages that we like the most are often the ones that can cause great harm to …
- You’ll Never Look at Tilapia The Same After Reading This. (It’s Worse Than Eating Bacon)
Fish is good for you. Everyone says the protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids are supremely beneficial for human …