“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates
It is in this that Annette Larkins places faith in her health. And she is lovely proof that it works.
Hippocrates is considered the father of modern medicine. It is his oath that medical doctors recite when they become licensed to practice medicine.
He was a pioneer in the science of medicine, postulating that “the chief role of the physician was to aid the natural resistance of the body to overcome the metabolic imbalance and restore health and harmony to the organism”.
Mrs. Larkins’ mother, grandmother, and great aunts died very young of cancer and diabetes runs in her family. The cards were stacked against her. Living now in Miami-Dade County, Florida, she has been vegan since 1985.
Fountain of Youth
Growing her own organic fruits and vegetables, these are the only ingredients in her diet. Her outside garden consists of leafy greens, herbs, berries, and a banana tree. Inside, there are hydroponics for cucumbers, lettuces, and especially wheatgrass. Mrs. Larkins juices the grasses with other items from her garden and eats only raw foods.
The result: at seventy-two, she is in perfect health and her skin is line-free, smooth and glowing. She refers to her garden as “The Fountain of Youth”; she drinks and waters her plants with the rainwater she collects.
Wanting to share her personal health success story, Larkins has published books, booklets, a DVD, and appeared on many television talk shows.
Eating raw avoids common toxins found in processed food
A raw vegan diet has helped many people overcome and avoid disease. Allergies, asthma, cancer, constipation, high cholesterol, obesity, and general good health can be achieved. You can completely avoid all processed foods with their trans fat, preservatives, genetically-modified organisms, refined sugars, and chemicals. A raw diet means that you are eating living foods, nothing manufactured in a factory eighteen months (or more) ago.
It doesn’t have to be strict to be great for you
Not all foods are best raw, however; cooked carrots, for instance, contain more vitamin A and beta-caroteine than raw. Whether cooked or raw, the best way to get the vast majority of all the vitamins and other nutrients you need is through a wide variety of fruits and vegetables with beans, nuts, and seeds providing proteins.
A strictly raw diet may not be for everyone but those who live it wouldn’t have it any other way. Some studies have shown that a modified raw diet that includes eggs and fermented dairy may be more beneficial.
Annette Larkins is one of those for whom a raw vegan diet has been the answer to good health and vitality. She has successfully cheated the dealer and played her hand beautifully.
- Get Rid of Bad Breath, Plaque, Tartar, and Harmful Bacteria In Your Mouth With This ONE Ingredient!
We all know how important dental health is—not just for the brightness of our smiles but for our general well-being. …
- Man Refuses Chemo And Cures His Bladder Cancer Within 2 Yrs By Taking Cannabis Oil And Essiac Tea
On July 2012, at age 54, Trevor Smith was suddenly and unexpectedly diagnosed with stage T2a bladder cancer. The cancer had …
- Yikes! This Medical Condition Can Cut Your Life Short by as Much as 8 Years
Researchers say extremely obese people can expect to die about eight years earlier than healthier people. The study, conducted by …
- How To Grow An Endless Supply of Ginger Indoors Using Nothing But a Container!
Whether you have an upset stomach or a cold, drinking ginger tea can make all the difference. In fact, ginger has …
- 17 Simple Home Remedies For Fighting Indigestion
There are many common causes for indigestion – eating too much is probably one of the most common, but it’s …
- This Natural Food Could End The Use of Harmful Pesticides And There’s Already a Patent For It
This article first appeared on JeffereyJaxen. Humanity is facing a toxicity problem as our immediate environment becomes increasingly riddled with pesticides. They are …
- 5 Juices To STOP Drinking Immediately. They’re Loaded With Cancer-Causing Arsenic!
If you have children at home, then you know how juice can be a godsend in helping your children meet …
- How To Safely Remove Skin Tags At Home Using THIS Inexpensive Bathroom Item
Skin tags are little annoying flaps of skin that look a bit like warts (1). They’re usually either pink or …
- Top 6 Reasons Why You’re Forgetful
Did you forget where you put your keys again? Maybe you can’t remember what you ate for dinner yesterday. Memory …
- Seafood Farmed in Asia is FULL of Pig Feces and Antibiotics, Here’s How to Tell If Yours is Safe
With the rising safety concerns of the use of antibiotics in meat and poultry farming, many people have moved towards …
- Endocrine Disruptors Make You Fat, Sick And Tired…This Is How You Avoid Them!
When food comes into contact with certain plastics, these chemicals can leech into your meal and end up in your …
- How To Cure a Minor Stiff Neck In Just 10 Seconds Using Nothing But a Towel!
How To Get Rid Of A Stiff Neck Sitting all day in front of the computer is one of the …
- Ginger Force Cancer Cell Death More Effectively Than Chemotherapy (How to Use Ginger As Medicine)
Ginger is widely used for digestive disorders, including dyspepsia, colic, nausea, vomiting, gastritis and diarrhea (1). It’s such a staple …
- More Evidence Links Agricultural Pesticides to Autism
A new study by the University of California, Davis shows a correlation between the exposure to agricultural pesticides during pregnancy …
- How 3 Naturopathic Doctors Cured Cancer (Different Treatments, Similar Results)
The field of cancer treatment is one full of constant new developments. Study after study is performed, then overturned, as …