For fruitarian and endurance athlete Michael Arnstein, his 15-mile commute to work isn’t by car, bus or train.
Instead, he runs to the office, jogging through residential neighborhoods and eventually New York’s Central Park, pausing only to enjoy fruit along the way.
Before his run, he may enjoy a breakfast of approximately 15 oranges. By the end of the day, he’s consumed about 6,000 calories, having eaten “nothing but raw fruits and vegetables, primarily fruits.”
Thanks to his raw food lifestyle, Arnstein says he feels “almost superhuman,” benefiting from everything from improved running time to better vision.
Turning to raw foods when nothing else worked
“I tried all the things in the vitamin shops,” says Arnstein in an interview with CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta. “I’ve tried all the supplements and I’ve tried protein diets, I’ve tried everything.” He adds that eating nothing but raw foods and vegetables “has absolutely transformed [me] as a person.”
With four refrigerators in his house and shopping trips at warehouses, he says, “I eat a lot, as most animals in nature do.” Yet his healthful choices and exercise regimen keep his weight in check. He prides himself on the fact that he has a mere 3-5% of body fat and that he had the seventh fastest 100-mile time ever as an American.
Additional benefits of eating raw
Arnstein, known as “The Fruitarian” on his YouTube channel, also says he’s experiencing a host of other health benefits from his raw food diet including:
He says his eyesight “remarkably improved” when he started a raw food diet, noting that everything was significantly sharper.
Arnstein says he never has dry skin, nor does he have that annoying eye crust that most people have upon waking up.
“I’m alive, I’m vibrant,” he says. Raw foods not only have given him mental clarity but have helped his marathon times improve.
Improved immune system
He says, “I don’t get sick, I don’t get injured.” He explains that, even after running distances of up to 100 miles, his body does not break down.
Arnstein urges everyone to try a raw food diet, if only for just two weeks. In that time frame, perhaps even less, he’s confident that people will experience the benefits of what he calls a “common sense” diet.
- A Recipe for Turmeric Juice: A Powerful Healing Beverage
Turmeric is the spice of the day–and with good reason. Traditionally used in Indian cuisine, this magnificent plant is known …
- Cut Back on Processed Ingredients with These Easy Tips
Want to eat more real food made with whole ingredients? Check out these tips for cutting processed foods out of …
- Eating Nuts May Reduce Cancer Risk
A recent study cited by the British Journal of Cancer suggests that the consumption of nuts can significantly reduce pancreatic …
- Here’s Why You Should NEVER Use Highly Processed Coffee Creamers (Try This Recipe Instead!)
Many people use creamer in their morning coffee, thinking that it’s healthier than regular cream. But the fact is, non-dairy …
- Are You Missing Out On The Health Benefits of Drinking Tea?
We are a nation of coffee drinkers, with an estimated eighty percent of Americans preferring coffee as their beverage of …
- How GMO Farming and Food Is Making Our Gut Flora Unfriendly
The story keeps getting worse, like a snaking nightmare, spreading its tendrils everywhere we look. Roundup–the most-used herbicide in the …
- Top 27 Alkaline Foods On The Planet (Eat More To Prevent Cancer, Obesity and Heart Disease)
The western lifestyle has prioritized convenience over quality in many aspect of everyday life. This is what’s led countless of …
- 7 Ingredients That Are Depleting Your Body of Important Nutrients
Unless you’re living on a farm in the middle of nowhere, chances are you consume at least some packaged foods. …
- Unhealthy Gut Bacteria Makes It Harder For You To Lose Weight But These 18 Foods Can Fix This!
You might not think much about it but your microbiome actually plays a role in your ability to lose weight and …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- Rich in Selenium, Brazil Nuts Are The Perfect Food For Fluoride Detox
Fluoride is a neurotoxin. It’s in our water and the food supply. It has been linked to cancer, neurological disorders, …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- Are These Common Low-Carb Mistakes Sabotaging Your Results?
1. You’re Still Eating Too Many Carbs! When people are told to go on a low-carb diet in order to …
- Top 8 Disgusting Facts About Fast Food
What you know about fast food is probably bad enough. What you don’t know may be even worse. The realities …
- Top 5 Worst Cooking Oils for Your Heart, Brain, and Skin
Let’s face it: Americans love fried foods. Whether it’s a delicious funnel cake from the county fair or an order …