As unpleasant as it may sound, we need fat in our bodies and a belly fat massage is not as bad as it sounds. The key lies in balance: too little is bad and too much is probably worse. Keeping in shape is important not only for our health but for our self-image and esteem. Has anyone ever told you that a simple belly fat massage could help you keep in shape….at least your abdominal region?
As some people age, they become prone to accumulating fat in the abdominal region.
Unfortunately, not all belly fat is attributable to age; many people are generally overweight beginning in their teens and what is stored in the middle has a tendency to stay there.
People gain extra weight for different reasons:
- Lack of sleep
- Poor eating habits, especially excess sugar and processed foods
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Chemical toxins
- Underlying health conditions
- Slower metabolism without corresponding reduction of caloric intake
The visceral fat in your mid-section is of special concern because that’s where most of your primary organs are located.
Too much weight around your heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, pancreas, and intestines automatically puts you at much higher risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, fatty liver, breast and colorectal cancers, Alzheimer’s disease, and diabetes (1).
Visceral fat is also known as “active fat” because it doesn’t just sit there looking pleasantly plump, it actually interferes with healthy hormone function.
This type of fat also produces compounds like cytokines, which affect how cells communicate with each other, reducing their sensitivity to insulin, increasing blood pressure, and changing blood coagulation (2).
To get rid of visceral fat, you have to get active.
A simple belly fast massage won’t do the trick alone. Moderate physical activity thirty to sixty minutes a day will burn fat and improve all-around health. Abdominal exercises such as planks will tone muscle but won’t make fat go away on its own.
Changing eating habits to exclude processed foods—especially those with trans fats—and replacing them with vegetables, fruits, whole grains, lean proteins, and plenty of water will help your body burn whatever’s left.
A Little Extra Help
If you still need a little boost to tone up your midsection, There is an ancient Chinese massage technique that has been used for millennia to activate the abdomen and fight belly bulge. It is fast, easy, and feels good.
Benefits of this technique can include (3):
- Melting adipose tissue (fat)
- Improving digestion
- Detoxifying the intestines
- Easing constipation
- Stimulating organs and improving circulation in the abdominal region
- Reducing nausea and vomiting
Do not use this method if you have any of the following conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Kidney or gallstones
- Stomach or intestinal ulcers
- Digestion issues
- Uterine or ovary issues
So what is this life-changing belly fat massage? Here’s how to do it:
- Lie flat on your back on a firm surface.
- Rub your hands together until they feel hot.
- Place one palm flat on your navel, the other behind your head or neck.
- Slowly rub your belly with gentle pressure in small circles clockwise around your navel and gradually make the circles larger until you reach the outer edges of your abdomen. Each massage circle should take 1-2 seconds.
- Concentrate on the heat between your hand and your abdominal skin.
- Continue to massage for 2 minutes or about 40-50 circles. Make sure your skin stays warm with constant contact between your hand and your abdomen—keep the rest of your body covered so you don’t get a chill while your sensitive belly is exposed.
- Massage twice a day on an empty stomach, once before breakfast and once before going to bed.