When we think of pudding, we think of something sweet, creamy, and decadent.
This recipe is all of that—except decadent.
There’s nothing in it that’s bad for you; au contraire—it will actually nourish your body while it bathes your mouth and satisfies your sweet tooth.
With its creamy texture and mild flavor, avocado is a very versatile fruit. It also provides us with many beneficial qualities.
Avocado contains plant sterols, chemicals that are like human hormones. One of these is beta-sitosterol, which is anti-estrogenic, decreasing the sensitivity of our estrogen receptors and increasing testosterone levels in men and progesterone levels in women.
Why avocado anti-estrogens are a good thing
Chemicals in our environment and personal care products leach into our air and food, wreaking havoc with our endocrine systems.
We are inundated with synthetic estrogens and daily stresses that cause an increase in estrogen production.
In men, too much estrogen can suppress testosterone, making matters worse.
We all have some estrogen and testosterone—the key is balance: women naturally have more estrogen and less testosterone than men and men have more testosterone and less estrogen than women.
Unrefined avocado oil has been shown to increase soluble collagen content in skin due to antioxidant activity. (2)
What’s special about avocado’s antioxidants is that they are able to penetrate cell walls, inhibiting oxidation within skin cells. (3)
Most other antioxidants found in vegetables and fruits do not permeate individual cells. Avocados also moderate cholesterol and protect from cancer and heart disease, maintaining inner health.
One of the healthiest sources of saturated fat (which is used by every cell in the body for fuel—especially the brain), avocados increase the bioavailability of nutrients from other foods as their fatty acids carry them around the body. The little green wonders are also rich in a multitude of essential nutrients:
- Vitamins – B complex, C, E, K
Enough about the creamy green stuff. Now for the chocolate.
Raw cocoa is made into candy by adding sugar and we know that refined sugar is bad for us, contributing to obesity and disease. Cocoa’s essence is a superfood, rich in anti-inflammatory antioxidants that promote cardiovascular health and lower blood pressure.
Like avocado, cocoa is good for your brain but in a different way: it affects opiate receptors, releases hormones that evoke a feeling of joy, and increases the production of dopamine, which leads to feelings of contentment.
And it tastes good.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 3 large avocados, ripe and soft
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- 3-6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw, unfiltered, local honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Spoon into individual serving cups and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Enjoy its scrumptious wonder.
- How To Do a 3-Day Sugar Detox to ACCELERATE Fat Loss And Improve Your Mood!
Everybody gets a sweet tooth every once in a while, but it’s easy for these cravings to develop into full-blown …
- The World’s #1 Food For Heart Attack, Hypertension, Stroke And Cholesterol
Dates aren’t the most attractive fruit, but they certainly are sweet and nutritious. Studies show that this amazing fruit has …
- Top 6 Health Benefits of Magnesium
You probably already know a lot about the other vitamins and minerals that are crucial to your overall optimal health, …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat 4X Faster, Prevent Cancer, Improve Energy And Remove Toxins
Most tea can be found either in tea bag or loose leaf form. Occasionally, it can also be fermented and …
- Do Not Use Apple Cider Vinegar If You’re On Any Of These Medications
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Our bodies are complex organisms that are constantly moving, with chemicals acting and interacting. Sometimes …
- 7 Day Alkaline Diet Plan to Fight Inflammation and Disease
Although the alkaline diet may seem like the latest celebrity craze, you shouldn’t dismiss it so quickly. Forget how you …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- The First U.S. School District to Begin Serving Only Organic, GMO-Free Meals
Hail to the trailblazers! No one would argue the importance of nutrition, especially for children. As their bodies develop, they …
- Soak Chia Seeds To Supercharge Your Metabolism, Burn Fat And Fight Inflammation
You may have heard about chia pets, the adorable children’s toy made from sprouted seeds. These beloved toys are actually …
- 92 Alkaline Foods That Fight Cancer, Inflammation, Diabetes and Heart Disease
Human life, just like all life on earth, depends on appropriate pH levels in and around living organisms and cells. …