When we think of pudding, we think of something sweet, creamy, and decadent.
This recipe is all of that—except decadent.
There’s nothing in it that’s bad for you; au contraire—it will actually nourish your body while it bathes your mouth and satisfies your sweet tooth.
With its creamy texture and mild flavor, avocado is a very versatile fruit. It also provides us with many beneficial qualities.
Avocado contains plant sterols, chemicals that are like human hormones. One of these is beta-sitosterol, which is anti-estrogenic, decreasing the sensitivity of our estrogen receptors and increasing testosterone levels in men and progesterone levels in women.
Why avocado anti-estrogens are a good thing
Chemicals in our environment and personal care products leach into our air and food, wreaking havoc with our endocrine systems.
We are inundated with synthetic estrogens and daily stresses that cause an increase in estrogen production.
In men, too much estrogen can suppress testosterone, making matters worse.
We all have some estrogen and testosterone—the key is balance: women naturally have more estrogen and less testosterone than men and men have more testosterone and less estrogen than women.
Unrefined avocado oil has been shown to increase soluble collagen content in skin due to antioxidant activity. (2)
What’s special about avocado’s antioxidants is that they are able to penetrate cell walls, inhibiting oxidation within skin cells. (3)
Most other antioxidants found in vegetables and fruits do not permeate individual cells. Avocados also moderate cholesterol and protect from cancer and heart disease, maintaining inner health.
One of the healthiest sources of saturated fat (which is used by every cell in the body for fuel—especially the brain), avocados increase the bioavailability of nutrients from other foods as their fatty acids carry them around the body. The little green wonders are also rich in a multitude of essential nutrients:
- Vitamins – B complex, C, E, K
Enough about the creamy green stuff. Now for the chocolate.
Raw cocoa is made into candy by adding sugar and we know that refined sugar is bad for us, contributing to obesity and disease. Cocoa’s essence is a superfood, rich in anti-inflammatory antioxidants that promote cardiovascular health and lower blood pressure.
Like avocado, cocoa is good for your brain but in a different way: it affects opiate receptors, releases hormones that evoke a feeling of joy, and increases the production of dopamine, which leads to feelings of contentment.
And it tastes good.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 3 large avocados, ripe and soft
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- 3-6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw, unfiltered, local honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Spoon into individual serving cups and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Enjoy its scrumptious wonder.
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- This is The Easiest, Simplest Way to Make a Healthy Delicious Snack.
This snack idea came from a photo shoot, let me explain. Every photo shoot is catered whether it is in …
- 12 Juicing Recipes That Keep You Out of Bed While You’re Traveling
We all know that there are health issues that you might suffer from when travelling such as dehydration from sun …
- 3 Drinks To Detox Your Liver And Flush Out Fat
Food additives, over-the-counter pills, stress and environmental toxins are all things that can harm your liver. This is the reason why …
- How To Make Any Greens Taste Good In Under 10 minutes And 4 Other Recipes Worth Trying
Dark, leafy greens are amongst one the most nutrient-packed vegetables on Earth. Most people have a hard time getting enough …
- 27 Turmeric Recipes That Will Spice Up Your Life
Turmeric is the superfood that makes our cooking dazzle. But it does ever so much more than simply flavor and color our food. Cooking …
- Drink This Medicinal Tea To Detoxify Your Liver And Strengthen Your Immune System
Take your morning warm lemon water ritual to a new level with the anti-inflammatory and detoxing powers of ginger and …
- This Turmeric-Lentil Soup Will Protect You From Type 2 Diabetes, Dementia and Cancer
Soup is one of the best ways to get a variety of nutrients while staying properly hydrated. Whether it’s finding …
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Did you know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It’s never a good idea to skip …
- How to Make Medicinal Pickled Turmeric
This recipe for pickled turmeric promises to reduce inflammation & promote wellness. But before we begin, let’s take a quick …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- Drink This Turmeric Juice For Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties (Just Blend All The Ingredients!)
Turmeric is a popular spice, particularly in India, where it is added to many dishes not only for it’s distinctive …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- This Powerful Tea Is The Best Remedy For Swollen Legs
If you have ever experienced swelling in your legs (or your hands or feet for that matter) you know how …
- How To Make Homemade Matcha Marshmallows
There are plenty of reasons to avoid artificial food dyes. Studies have linked them to behavioral problems in children, including …