Three peaches a day keeps breast cancer away.
As it stands, breast cancer is one of the most common cancer among US women (1). It’s been estimated that 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime (2).
It’s also the most deadly cancer for women worldwide (3).
And as weird as it may seem, peaches may hold the key to fighting back.
How Do Peaches Kill Cancer?
In a study conducted by Giuliana Noratto, a researcher at Washington State University found that peaches induce metastatic breast cancer cell death (4).
Peaches contain polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidant compounds.
These chemicals send a signal to cancer cells to encourage them to commit suicide.
The study, published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry found that the amount of polyphenols required to have this effect was equivalent to about 3 peaches a day for a woman of average weight (5).
According to the results, in just 12 short days, peaches were shown to reduce cancer-related blood vessel activity in mice models. Less enzymatic activity was also observed, meaning that peaches prevented the invasion of healthy tissue by cancer as well as the spread of cancer to other regions.
Other Benefits Of Peaches
Peaches contains two different kinds of polyphenols: chlorogenic and neochlorogenic compounds.
These polyphenols prevent (6):
- Cardiovascular disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Boost insulin function
- Delay glucose absorption
- Fight bacteria
- Fight inflammation
Peach juice was also found to prevent obesity-induced metabolic disorders including hyperglycemia, insulin and leptin resistance, dyslipidemia and low-density lipoprotein oxidation (7).
We all know someone who’s had breast cancer. It’ time to stop thinking of chemotherapy as our only way to fight back.
- 5 Heart-Healthy Avocado Recipes That Will Supercharge Your Body
Avocados are a surprising food in that, although they are high in fat, they are actually helpful when trying to …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- 5 Overripe Banana Recipes That Are So Good You Might Let Them Go Bad On PURPOSE
Did you know that eating just three bananas a day can reduce your risk of stroke by as much as …
- Six Springy Asparagus Recipes
Asparagus season is drawing to its end in most parts of the country, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late …
- Inhabitants of This Village Live Up to 100+ Years and What They Eat Will Surprise You
A group of centenarians in a Chinese village seem to have stumbled upon a veritable fountain of youth in the …
- The Truth About Multivitamins Vs. Food-Based Vitamins
Many of us take a multivitamin every day under the assumption that those extra vitamins will help make up for …
- 10 Awesome Foods That Help Everything From Muscle Recovery to Cancer Prevention
Inflammation is a precursor to a wide range of health problems! According to health experts, inflammation is what triggers the …
- These Two Green Vegetables Are Powerful Allies Against Pancreatic Cancer
We all know by now that certain foods can help prevent cancer. The chemical make-up of fruits and vegetables are …
- Top 10 Worst Things That Can Happen When You Run Out Of These Important Nutrients
No matter who you are, your body needs a variety of vitamins and minerals to stay up and running. If …
- Soda’s Evil Twin – Fruit Drinks?
So you’ve recently decided to live a healthy lifestyle. You started to exercise and improve on your nutrition by giving …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- Eating at Home Vs. Eating Out. 4 Compelling Reasons To Cook Your Own Meals.
How many meals per week are you eating away from home? Over the last 40 years, more and more people …
- 7 Simple Foods That Will Instantly Make You More Resistant to Illnesses
The recipe you will find below contains seven of nature’s most powerful natural antibacterial and antiviral substances. But before you …
- 5 Ways To Spot Unhealthy Coconut Water And The 6 Worst Brands To Avoid
Coconut water is well-known as a popular health drink, with many benefits – as a post-workout beverage to help you …
- Caffeine: Friend or Foe?
If you’re like many adults in the US, your morning starts off with a hot cup of coffee. You tell …