Three peaches a day keeps breast cancer away.
As it stands, breast cancer is one of the most common cancer among US women (1). It’s been estimated that 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime (2).
It’s also the most deadly cancer for women worldwide (3).
And as weird as it may seem, peaches may hold the key to fighting back.
How Do Peaches Kill Cancer?
In a study conducted by Giuliana Noratto, a researcher at Washington State University found that peaches induce metastatic breast cancer cell death (4).
Peaches contain polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidant compounds.
These chemicals send a signal to cancer cells to encourage them to commit suicide.
The study, published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry found that the amount of polyphenols required to have this effect was equivalent to about 3 peaches a day for a woman of average weight (5).
According to the results, in just 12 short days, peaches were shown to reduce cancer-related blood vessel activity in mice models. Less enzymatic activity was also observed, meaning that peaches prevented the invasion of healthy tissue by cancer as well as the spread of cancer to other regions.
Other Benefits Of Peaches
Peaches contains two different kinds of polyphenols: chlorogenic and neochlorogenic compounds.
These polyphenols prevent (6):
- Cardiovascular disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Boost insulin function
- Delay glucose absorption
- Fight bacteria
- Fight inflammation
Peach juice was also found to prevent obesity-induced metabolic disorders including hyperglycemia, insulin and leptin resistance, dyslipidemia and low-density lipoprotein oxidation (7).
We all know someone who’s had breast cancer. It’ time to stop thinking of chemotherapy as our only way to fight back.
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- 5 Overripe Banana Recipes That Are So Good You Might Let Them Go Bad On PURPOSE
Did you know that eating just three bananas a day can reduce your risk of stroke by as much as …
- Dark Circles Under Your Eyes? Here are 6 Foods You Can Use To Get Rid of Them Naturally
Preorbital dark circles are dark blemishes under and around the eyes – many people get them, but what causes them …
- Here’s How You Can Increase Turmeric Absorption By Adding Two Simple Ingredients
When we talk about eating foods for their specific health benefits, many people think simply eating the food is enough. …
- 12 Uses For Cloves – A Wonder Spice With One of The World’s Highest Antioxidant Value
On the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale used by the National Institute on Aging in the National Institutes of …
- Top 22 Science-Based Health Benefits Of Butyrate And Its Derivatives
You may have never heard of butyrate but it’s actually an important nutrient that’s working for your body, whether or …
- Eggs Don’t Cause Heart Attacks – Sugar Does
No one can deny there is an ongoing obesity epidemic in North America. Finally, a study published in the Journal …
- Eating More Fermented Foods Will Improve Your Mood, Metabolism And Immune System
It’s not difficult to get into a rut with food. As we rush about in our busy lives, many times …
- This Ayurvedic Herb Has Been Used Since Ancient Times To Treat Diabetes
Gymnema sylvestre is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine. With a long history of medicinal use, it has potent anti-diabetic …
- Coca-Cola Attempts to Go Healthy With Stevia-Sweetened Coke Life
A healthy Coke. Ah, how sweet. Really. Coca-Cola, in an effort to recoup decreases in sales of the last several …
- Eat a Handful of These Seeds a Day To Prevent Cancer and Fight Many More Diseases
Of all the members of the squash family, pumpkin is perhaps the most underrated and underappreciated member. And while most …
- Quick Facts, Stats and Dangers of Soda Pop
Kids are heavy consumers of soft drinks, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and they are guzzling soda pop …
- Jaw-Dropping Study Shows Garlic Kills Brain Cancer Cells Without Any Dangerous Side Effects
Garlic has a long history of medicinal and therapeutic uses, from treating the common cold to lowering blood pressure. …
- Too Much Fructose Is Dangerous But The Food Industry Keeps Putting It In Everything!
Fructose, a natural sugar with an unusually high level of sweetness, has been the subject of much discussion and debate …
- 7 Salads Worse Than a Big Mac
Salads sound like they should be a healthy alternative to some of the calorie-, fat-, and salt-packed options you find …