Ever thought of making your own homemade toilet cleaner for your bathroom? Your bathroom isn’t just the most intimate space in your home, it’s also the most prone to bad bacteria.
So it’s no surprise that it’s also one of the most unpleasant rooms in the house to clean, especially if you’re a germaphobe.
Many Americans rely on disinfectant sprays and harsh cleaners to keep their bathrooms spic and span.
What’s Hiding In These Products
Bathroom cleaning products typically contain harsh chemicals that release toxic fumes into the air that slowly poison your family members.
Common ingredients include nonylphenol ethoxylates, a known endocrine disruptor; trisodium nitrilotriacetate, a possible carcinogen; as well as sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate and sodium hydroxide, which are corrosive and severely irritate the eyes, skin and respiratory tract (1).
Disinfectant sprays also typically contain quaternary ammonium compounds (similar to triclosan), which are genotoxic and cytotoxic. They also contain fragrance to mask the harsh smells of all these chemicals.
Companies aren’t obligated to list most of these ingredients, meaning that you might not even know what’s lurking in the products you use every day.
Most, however, have warning labels indicating that they aren’t as safe as they’re perceived to be, but these aren’t clear enough for consumers to really understand what they’re exposing their families to.
For a safer alternative, it’s best to just make your own household cleaning products such as a homemade toilet cleaner.
DIY Toilet Bombs
Here is how to make your own homemade toilet cleaner. These bombs will get rid of stuck-on grime and take the work out of your cleaning routine.
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup baking soda
- 25 drops essential oils (orange and lemon smell nice!)
- ½ cup cornstarch
- A spray bottle full of water
- Gallon size zip-top bag
- Cupcake molds
- Combine citric acid, baking soda, and cornstarch into your ziplock bag and shake well.
- Spritz the mix 2-3 times with a bit of water, seal the bag and knead the mixture.
- Repeat 5-7 times.
- Knead the mixture until it has the same texture as pie dough.
- Add essential oils and knead again.
- Remove the mixture from the bag and pack it tightly into your molds.
- Leave them in a cool, dry spot to dry for 2-3 days.
- Next, remove them from their molds and dry for another 2-3 days.
- Store in an air-tight container.
To use, drop one into your toilet bowl and let it fizz out. Then, simply flush and you’re done!
- 100% Natural Bomb Against Cold And Flu – You’ll Feel Like New In Just 24 Hours
The cold and flu aren’t just unpleasant, they’re also potentially dangerous. This is particularly true for pregnant women, people taking …
- How To Get Clear, Glowing, Spotless Skin By Using Aloe Vera Gel
The Ancient Egyptians called the aloe vera plant the “plant of immortality,” which should give you some insight into its …
- 2-Ingredient Mixture to EFFECTIVELY Eliminate Earwax And Ear Infections
A lot people mistakenly think that earwax is bad. Some even find it gross and remove it from their ears every …
- Massive Recall Issued For Contaminated Canned Tuna!
On March 16th 2016, the FDA published a tuna recall affecting three companies with product processed at the same facility. In …
- FDA Is Recalling Turmeric From THESE Brands Due To Lead Contamination
Since turmeric is a health food as well as a medicine, it’s essential to buy the high-quality stuff. Low-quality spices …
- 16 Breakfast Recipes That Can Help You Lose Weight
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.”This age-old adage shows how important breakfast …
- Warning! Toxic Chinese Rice Loaded With Plastic Is Flooding Grocery Store Shelves
Rice companies in China have been exposed for exporting plastic rice. This phenomenon began because of the ever-increasing demand for Wuchang rice, …
- They Put Cameras Inside A School Cafeteria In Japan. What They Captured? My Jaw Dropped!
Food education is often neglected in today’s society. Yet, it’s one of the most fundamental basics of everyday life. How you …
- Men With Bleeding Gums are TWICE as Likely to Suffer From Erectile Dysfunction
It’s all connected. Every cell in your body. Nothing works in isolation. A Turkish study on erectile dysfunction (ED) found …
- Vapen Clear: Meet The World’s First Cannabis Inhaler
One of the things that distinguished illicit drugs from medicine is the way it is administered. Despite the fact the …
- The Shrimp You Eat May Not be What You Think It Is
We can spend hours in the grocery store reading labels. We want to make the best choices for our families. …
- Here’s Why You Should Leave A Coin In The Freezer Before Leaving The House
When preparing for a vacation, everybody has a list of things they check before leaving the house. Most people double …
- New Federal Study Links Monsanto Chemicals To Widespread Liver Disease In Poisoned Southern Town (Anniston, Alabama)
Mention Monsanto these days and you are sure to get a reaction from almost anyone. The American multinational agrochemical and …
- If You Blow On Your Thumb, Here’s The Effect It Will Have On Your Body
Even though it’s been the object of science since the dawn of civilization, the human body still hides many mysteries. …
- What Your Tongue Says About Your Health
The tongue has been recognized as an important diagnostic tool for millennia, dating back to ancient Chinese medicine. Even modern …