You might be surprised to learn that your toothpaste is loaded with unnecessary toxic ingredients.
There’s a reason why the label says not to swallow it. There’s even a poison center phone number you can contact in case you were to accidentally ingest some.
Many medications that exist today are sublingual – meaning that they need to be placed under the tongue. Why? Because it can enter the bloodstream much faster.
Most people don’t know about this and never realize how harmful their commercially bought toothpaste can be.
Toxins in Toothpaste
1. Polyethylene Glycol is used in the manufacturing of conventional toothpaste. It is also a common commercial plastic used in packaging many products you buy every day.
2. Toothpaste companies add Triclosan to the product recipe for its antifungal and antibacterial properties. It is used in pesticides and has been deemed a hazard to certain aquatic life.
3. Water is often fluoridated and almost every commercial toothpaste contains this neurotoxin. Most chemicals are unable to cross the blood-brain barrier; however, fluoride is one of the few that can.
Many forms of cancer have been link to fluoridated water and extended exposure was found to cause substantial damage, especially to the nervous system (3). It can also impair blood flow in the digestive system and cause cellular damage in the mucous tissue in the mouth as well as in the liver (4,5).
4. Lauryl sodium sulfate, which is classified as a surfactants, is used as a detergent and an emulsifier. You will often find it in your shampoos and body washes. It has been proven to notably promote the development of cancer, especially in the colon (6).
5. Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol which is commonly used as a sugar substitute in most conventional toothpastes. Ingesting it can cause indigestion; gas; bloating; nausea; and osmotic diarrhea (7).
6. Diethanolamine is an emulsifier used in making toothpaste so that it will foam. Diethanolamine can disrupt hormones and form cancer-causing nitrates (8). This in turn can cause liver and kidney damage.
Switching from conventional toothpaste to one that is natural, or better yet, one that you make yourself is a huge step.
This alone eliminates your exposure to all of those harsh, toxic chemicals listed above.
Another great thing about making your own toothpaste is that it saves your family a lot of money each year. It can also be a fun way to:
- Teach the kids about natural products for oral hygiene.
- Give them a sense of accomplishment.
- Offer a way to spend quality time together.
- 2/3 Cup Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Ground, Organic Sea Salt
- 10 Drops of Organic Essential Mint Oil or 1 to 2 teaspoons Organic Mint Extract
- Filtered Water for Preferred Consistency
Note: Any organic extract or essential oil can be used for the flavor. Try a fruit flavor for the kids and mint for the adults.
This recipe yields just over 5 ounces of homemade toothpaste which should be stored in a glass container with a tight sealing lid. Combine all of your ingredients except the water. Add the water only a few drops at a time until the paste is the consistency that you want.
- Do You Know Why Exercise Helps Your Heart?
We all hear about how exercise improves heart health, but how exactly does that happen? Let’s take a look at …
- 8 Habits of Unhappy People You Need To Avoid At All Cost
Happiness is something we all want. Sometimes, it’s easy to achieve. Especially when everything in your life seems to be …
- How to Grow an UNLIMITED Supply of Basil From a Single Plant
Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to have fresh herbs and produce whenever you want? Gardening typically requires planting …
- The 20 Cancer Symptoms Women Are Most Likely To Ignore
Most people are afraid of getting cancer, but very few actually take the time to educate themselves about the symptoms. …
- 6 Plants Other Than Cannabis That Are High in Cancer-Fighting Cannabinoids
The Western medical system is finally beginning to face the fact that marijuana is not a drug: it’s a medicine. …
- This Is Definitely One of The Best Drug Commercials You’ll Ever See!
Nature RX, Part 1 is the first video in a three-part series that show how spending more time in nature improves your …
- How to Train Your Brain to Fall Asleep in 60 Seconds
Getting a good night’s sleep is vital for optimal health. Unfortunately, many people struggle with sleeplessness, especially in stressful situations, which can …
- 7 Everyday Items That Are Actually Harmful
Everyday people perform a variety of common tasks that seem normal. Many of these everyday things are actually hurting us. …
- Medicine For More Than 50 Diseases: This Super Tea Kills Parasites And Cleanses The Body of Toxins
Many of the ingredients used in this tea have been proven to help in the prevention of many deadly diseases …
- Endocrine Disruptors Make You Fat, Sick And Tired…This Is How You Avoid Them!
When food comes into contact with certain plastics, these chemicals can leech into your meal and end up in your …
- 6 Unexpected Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stop Eating Meat
Going vegetarian or not is ultimately a personal choice – there are advantages and disadvantages to a vegetarian diet, but …
- Chewing Broccoli And Watercress Unlocks Natural Compounds That Kill Cancer Cells Within 24 Hours
You’ve probably heard of eating foods of every color of the rainbow throughout the day, but if you have a …
- This 1:49 Video Teaches You an Effective and Simple Way To Save Yourself From Choking To Death
tag: choking to death Chocking on food can happen to anyone. What’s scary about it isn’t how it happens but WHEN. …
- Master List of Monsanto Owned “Food” Producers
What if you found out that your favorite brand isn’t as safe and family-friendly as its colorful branding makes it …
- Two Natural Solutions For Bleeding Gums, Gingivitis, And a Healthy Heart
Researchers from Brazil’s Paraíba State University have determined that extracts of pomegranate and chamomile can help heal bleeding gums. The …