Your bathroom is one of the most contaminated areas of your home, other than your kitchen. It’s not just full of bacteria and faecal matter, it can also harbor unhealthy mold.
In fact, mold loves warm, damp, and humid conditions, where it spreads easily and can cause major respiratory problems, such as asthma (1,2). This is especially true if you’re not cleaning your shower enough.
Common symptoms of household mold are :
- Nasal stuffiness
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation
- Frequent coughing
Most people treat their home with bleach to kill off mold, especially on bathroom grout, where soap scum creates a spore-friendly environment.
However, these chemicals are so toxic that it’s recommended to use protective clothing, eye wear and use it in a well-ventilated space. Breathing fumes from bleach can cause light headedness and nausea.
Luckily, there are lots of natural alternatives that you can use to clean your home while killing mold and harmful bacteria.
How To Make An All-natural Grout Cleaner
This easy recipe is all your need. Plus, it only requires a few minutes to make!
- 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide
Instructions: Combine all the ingredients in a small squeeze top bottle, like a clean ketchup bottle.
The hydrogen peroxide will whiten and clean the stains and tiles naturally while the baking soda acts as a scrub to remove soap scum between the tiles and stubborn stains.
How To Use:
Mild stains: Apply the mix on a soft wet sponge and gently scrub the tiles and bathroom areas with it. Rinse with water immediately.
Harsh stains: Apply the mixture on the grout and tiles and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. After that, scrub and wipe stains away and rinse.
Maintenance: To prevent mold and gunk from accumulating on grout, mix water and vinegar in a ratio 1:1. Next, pour it in a spray bottle next to the shower and spray down the grout 2-3 times a week.
- This Natural Food Could End The Use of Harmful Pesticides And There’s Already a Patent For It
This article first appeared on JeffereyJaxen. Humanity is facing a toxicity problem as our immediate environment becomes increasingly riddled with pesticides. They are …
- Why You Should Stop Using Vaseline Immediately And How To Make Your Own Non-Petroleum Jelly
Vaseline is a petroleum-based jelly that’s basically a byproduct of the oil industry. But did you know that prolonged use of petroleum jelly …
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- Essential Oil to Stop Cigarette Cravings, Fight Infections, and Flush Out Toxins
You may use black pepper to simply out of habit but what you don’t know about this spice may help …
- 21 Weird Reasons for Rapid Weight Gain Most People Never Consider
When most people experience rapid weight gain, they tend to look at external factors. Maybe someone is injured and unable …
- Drink This 3-ingredient Tea to Cleanse Your Lungs of Phlegm, Toxins, and Inflammation
Everybody catches a cold and flu from time to time. Some suffer chronic respiratory conditions like asthma, bronchitis, and allergies. Mucus …
- How The Pharmaceutical Industry Is Partly Responsible For Creating “Superbugs”
While antibiotic drugs like penicillin have saved countless lives and eliminated most public health threats like syphilis, there is a …
- How To Use Tomatoes To Get Rid of Varicose Veins
As you age, your skin begins to change in ways you probably won’t enjoy. Whether it be liver spots wrinkles …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- Are Your Sugary Treats Leading You Down the Road to Heart Disease
Many people who are not concerned with maintaining their weight or shedding a few excess pounds, may find that they …
- How To Read Barcodes to Find out Where Your Food Really Comes From
Even if you take a look at the ingredients and food facts you probably don’t glance at the product code. …
- Wash Your Face With Coconut Oil Every Day And Watch What Happens To Blemishes And Wrinkles
Back in 2011, Americans spent more than $50 billion on beauty products. (1) Everyone wants beautiful looking skin. But not everyone’s …
- How To Make Your Own Plastic-Free and Zero-Waste Mascara
Many ladies like to enhance their facial features by applying make-up—cosmetics sales are a global $500 billion a year industry. …
- 5 Interesting Reasons to Sleep Naked Tonight
Sleeping naked is not something one normally thinks about–you either do it or you don’t. It turns out, however, that there …
- Orgasm Hard To Add Years To Your Life
Good news for just about everyone who wants to live longer: having more orgasms might tack years onto your life. …