Your bathroom is one of the most contaminated areas of your home, other than your kitchen. It’s not just full of bacteria and faecal matter, it can also harbor unhealthy mold.
In fact, mold loves warm, damp, and humid conditions, where it spreads easily and can cause major respiratory problems, such as asthma (1,2). This is especially true if you’re not cleaning your shower enough.
Common symptoms of household mold are :
- Nasal stuffiness
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation
- Frequent coughing
Most people treat their home with bleach to kill off mold, especially on bathroom grout, where soap scum creates a spore-friendly environment.
However, these chemicals are so toxic that it’s recommended to use protective clothing, eye wear and use it in a well-ventilated space. Breathing fumes from bleach can cause light headedness and nausea.
Luckily, there are lots of natural alternatives that you can use to clean your home while killing mold and harmful bacteria.
How To Make An All-natural Grout Cleaner
This easy recipe is all your need. Plus, it only requires a few minutes to make!
- 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide
Instructions: Combine all the ingredients in a small squeeze top bottle, like a clean ketchup bottle.
The hydrogen peroxide will whiten and clean the stains and tiles naturally while the baking soda acts as a scrub to remove soap scum between the tiles and stubborn stains.
How To Use:
Mild stains: Apply the mix on a soft wet sponge and gently scrub the tiles and bathroom areas with it. Rinse with water immediately.
Harsh stains: Apply the mixture on the grout and tiles and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. After that, scrub and wipe stains away and rinse.
Maintenance: To prevent mold and gunk from accumulating on grout, mix water and vinegar in a ratio 1:1. Next, pour it in a spray bottle next to the shower and spray down the grout 2-3 times a week.
- Sniffing Rosemary Can Increase Memory by 75%
Some people go to great lengths to help themselves remember important tasks or information, whether it’s memory-training drills, memory-enhancing drugs …
- Doctors in UK Propose Ban on Cigarettes for People Born After 2000
In a bold and courageous move, the British Medical Association (BMA) passed a motion to pressure enactment of a law …
- 5 Easy Steps to Improve Gut Health And Kill Hidden Bad Bugs That Make You Sick
As modern medicine evolves, we learn more and more about our bodies and the vast number of ways various parts …
- After Reading THIS You’ll Never Throw Away These Little Bags Again…(#5 Is My Favorite)
Have you ever wondered what those little packets in your shoes boxes really do? You’ve probably heard your parents say …
- It Takes a Glass of This And Your Liver Will Be Renewed!
How do you know if your body is unwell ? Your digestive system will make you bloated and sore, your lungs …
- How to Lose Weight: the Ultimate Guide
According to the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control, more than seventy percent of adults in the U.S. are overweight …
- 18 Medicinal Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is the sweet smelling herb with blue-violet flowers that many of us will associate with our grandmothers and childhood. …
- 3 Easy Homemade Remedies That You Can Use Immediately To Beat The Bloat
Do you ever feel bloated after a meal or maybe it feels like you have “food baby?” If that’s the case, here’s three …
- 15-Year-Old Puts Cancer Industry to Shame: Develops 100% Accurate Cancer Test Using Google
Pancreatic cancer is deadly. Only 5.5% of those diagnosed with the disease survive past five years. And that’s because it is …
- How To Naturally Whiten Your Teeth With This Homemade Toothpowder
Making natural tooth cleaning agents is not difficult. Really, most of the items are in or around your home. When …
- Multiple Studies Show THIS Fruit To Be a Powerful Medicine Against Cancer
The herbal medical community has recently announced studies of Soursop. This fruit is more effective for cancer treatment than the numerous …
- 3 Main Factors That Affect Your Risk of Developing Cancer
One way or another, cancer affects all of our lives – whether we’re affected by the illness ourselves or watching …
- Top 8 Ways Women Can Prevent Urinary Tract Infections
A urinary tract infection or UTI is an infection that happens in the kidneys, ureter, bladder, and/or urethra. A UTI is …
- According To This Study, Poor Lifestyle Choices Can Affect Future Generations Through DNA
There’s evidence that environmental stressors and trauma can be passed down from one generation to the next(1), but now new …
- 7 Easy Ways To Quickly Unclog Your Lymph Nodes To Reduce Swelling And Flush Out Toxins
You are probably familiar with the term “lymph glands (nodes).” There are hundreds (600-700) of lymph nodes scattered throughout your body. …