Feeling bloated, tired or both? You’re not alone.
Every day millions of Americans are exposed to environmental toxins. Whether it’s through the air we breathe or the harmful chemicals we put on our bodies (like deodorants, perfumes), it’s no surprise that the body is having trouble keeping up.
Over time, living an unhealthy lifestyle can cause your body’s detoxifying organs (liver, kidneys, liver) to become overloaded with toxins, making it harder for them to do their job. This can result in fatigue, bloat, and weight gain.
Most detox solutions focus on the liver, but you also shouldn’t neglect your kidneys, which filter out your blood. The kidneys then send toxins to your bladder, where they are expelled as urine (1).
Hence, the easiest way to clear them out is by taking diuretics to boost urine production. It’s important to avoid toxins as much as you can during your cleanse to truly clear out your stressed-out organs.
Jillian Michaels’ Detox Water
Be warned, it is a little bitter, so you may want to get a tall glass of water or a spoonful of honey ready to wash it down.
- 60 oz of spring water*
- 1 Tbsp pure cranberry juice (no added sugars)
- 1 Tsp of powdered organic dandelion root (or a teabag)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
*The original recipe calls for distilled water, but this hyper-filtered water doesn’t contain the same essential electrolytes as spring or well water.
- Steep the tea in a cup of boiled water for 10-20 minutes and let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine all the ingredients together and store in the fridge.
- Drink the mixture throughout the day, making sure to consume it all and repeat for 7 days, making a new batch each day.
- If needed, repeat the cleanse every three to four months.
How it Works
Cranberry juice is a staple for all women who suffer from regular UTIs (urinary Tract Infection). A potent diuretic, the juice helps flush out the bladder and kidneys whilst fighting off harmful bacteria (3).
The berries also contain quinic acid, which fights the production of kidney stones, and anti-inflammatory compounds that heal your swollen organs.
Dandelion isn’t just a laxative, it also fights constipation and stimulates digestion to help your whole body get rid of waste. It also works against gallstones and acts as a blood tonic to fight impurities and toxins (4).
The root also has anti-cancer benefits that are currently being studied as an alternative to chemotherapy.
The juice even boosts energy levels and fights brain fog, helping you stay focused throughout the day.
- Cancer-Stricken Woman Gets Layoff Letter After Boss Learns She’s Fighting the Disease
This story sends a pall over the whole medical profession. It also re-affirms faith in love. Carol Jumper had worked …
- Vitamin E Plays a Key Role in The Production of Compounds Needed For Carrying DHA to The Brain
Easy to get if you’re eating the right foods, one simple nutrient could be the key to better brain health …
- 2 Simple Juice Recipes That Will Replace Your Diabetes Drugs
Brace yourself. In brief, here are the statistics for the prevalence of diabetes in North America. United States: 9.3% of …
- See How Much Fat You Can Burn By Adding Prunes, Kefir And Oats To Your Morning Breakfast
Skipping out on your first meal of the day is never a good idea, unless you actually know what you’re doing. In …
- 30 Reasons To NEVER Put Another M&M In Your Mouth Ever Again
M&M’s can be hard to resist. Especially, if you grew up with them. Yet, very few people know about the …
- Easy DIY Treatment for Tightening Your Skin After Losing Weight or Childbirth
60% of new moms struggle to get back to their “pre-pregnancy body” (1). Many of those women deal with loose and …
- Want To Harvest Organic Potatoes In Your Own Backyard In Just 35 Days? Here’s How!
Potatoes are one of the easiest crops to grow. Even the most inhospitable soils will gladly incubate a potato or two, …
- 10 Detox Baths For Relaxation and Rejuvenation
A detox bath is a great way to help cleanse the body, relax the mind, and provide extra support to …
- 5 Lifestyle Changes That Will Help You Lose Weight
To successfully lose weight, you have to make significant lifestyle changes not only in the way you eat and exercise, …
- Osteoporosis Is Scurvy of the Bone, Not Calcium Deficiency
The go-to nutrient for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis has historically been calcium. Bone health requires calcium, magnesium, and …
- 12 Most Common Toxins Found In Personal Care Products
The skin is your largest organ, what you put on it is absorbed into your bloodstream. The average woman in the …
- Selfie Addiction Linked to Narcissism, Low Self Esteem & Mental Illness
An award for everything, the word “selfie” won last year’s Oxford English Dictionary’s word of the year: “a photograph that …
- Multiple Studies Show THIS Fruit To Be a Powerful Medicine Against Cancer
The herbal medical community has recently announced studies of Soursop. This fruit is more effective for cancer treatment than the numerous …
- Toxins Stored In Your Fat Cells Make You Fatigued And Swollen. Here’s How To Cleanse Them.
You’ve probably noticed that excessive weight gain can lead to a plethora of health conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure …
- This Fast-Acting Anti-Inflammatory Tea Relieves Pain And Boosts Your Immune System
What do lemon, ginger and turmeric have in common? For starters, on their own, each of these ingredients is a …