Feeling bloated, tired or both? You’re not alone.
Every day millions of Americans are exposed to environmental toxins. Whether it’s through the air we breathe or the harmful chemicals we put on our bodies (like deodorants, perfumes), it’s no surprise that the body is having trouble keeping up.
Over time, living an unhealthy lifestyle can cause your body’s detoxifying organs (liver, kidneys, liver) to become overloaded with toxins, making it harder for them to do their job. This can result in fatigue, bloat, and weight gain.
Most detox solutions focus on the liver, but you also shouldn’t neglect your kidneys, which filter out your blood. The kidneys then send toxins to your bladder, where they are expelled as urine (1).
Hence, the easiest way to clear them out is by taking diuretics to boost urine production. It’s important to avoid toxins as much as you can during your cleanse to truly clear out your stressed-out organs.
Jillian Michaels’ Detox Water
Be warned, it is a little bitter, so you may want to get a tall glass of water or a spoonful of honey ready to wash it down.
- 60 oz of spring water*
- 1 Tbsp pure cranberry juice (no added sugars)
- 1 Tsp of powdered organic dandelion root (or a teabag)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
*The original recipe calls for distilled water, but this hyper-filtered water doesn’t contain the same essential electrolytes as spring or well water.
- Steep the tea in a cup of boiled water for 10-20 minutes and let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine all the ingredients together and store in the fridge.
- Drink the mixture throughout the day, making sure to consume it all and repeat for 7 days, making a new batch each day.
- If needed, repeat the cleanse every three to four months.
How it Works
Cranberry juice is a staple for all women who suffer from regular UTIs (urinary Tract Infection). A potent diuretic, the juice helps flush out the bladder and kidneys whilst fighting off harmful bacteria (3).
The berries also contain quinic acid, which fights the production of kidney stones, and anti-inflammatory compounds that heal your swollen organs.
Dandelion isn’t just a laxative, it also fights constipation and stimulates digestion to help your whole body get rid of waste. It also works against gallstones and acts as a blood tonic to fight impurities and toxins (4).
The root also has anti-cancer benefits that are currently being studied as an alternative to chemotherapy.
The juice even boosts energy levels and fights brain fog, helping you stay focused throughout the day.
- Eliminate All Poisons From Your Body In 48 Hours: A Weekend Detoxification Diet Plan
Do you feel tired all of the time…and not just tired, but exhausted? When you look in the mirror do …
- 3 Homemade Treatments For Dandruff and Thinning Hair
Dandruff or thinning hair can be an irritating and embarrassing situation for many people. The good news is self-treatment can …
- 7 Surprising Benefits You Get From Listening to More Music
Music is a universal language that doesn’t need to be translated to be understood by people from around the world. …
- 5 Perfectly Good Reasons Why Your Digestive System Isn’t Working Properly (No. 4 Is a No-Brainer!)
It seems nearly everyone has digestive issues these days. Crohn’s, IBS, colitis, celiac, and dozens of other digestive disorders have …
- 15-Year-Old Puts Cancer Industry to Shame: Develops 100% Accurate Cancer Test Using Google
Pancreatic cancer is deadly. Only 5.5% of those diagnosed with the disease survive past five years. And that’s because it is …
- Woman Overcomes Asthma and Allergies with Raw Food Diet
When Jenni, who worked in a factory in her late teens, was convinced that she was having a heart attack, …
- How To Make Your Own Natural Antibiotic
Antibiotic resistance is becoming a really big threat to public safety. This phenomenon occurs when bacteria that has been exposed to …
- Ginger Kills Two Common Types of Cancer – Study Finds
Thanks to research from the University of Michigan and nearly three centuries of medicinal use, we can now utilize ginger root …
- The Perfect Exercise To Fix Poor Body Posture
Parents and teachers always tell children to keep their back straight. How many times have you heard it yourself? Poor …
- Largest Medical Fraud Takedown In American History: More Than 400 Doctors, Nurses And Pharmacists Arrested For Health Care And Opioid Scams Worth $1.3 Billion
Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Thursday (July 13th, 2017) that federal prosecutors charged more than 400 people (doctors, nurses and …
- Dutch Man Creates Device That Turns Coca Cola Back Into Pure Drinking Water
It’s been said that in some parts of the world, Coca-Cola is not only cheaper than clean drinking water, it’s …
- 6 Little-Known Reasons Why Chronic Stress Is Bad For You
We all experience stress in our daily lives – from relatively minor stress like the kind that comes with exams …
- Chamomile Essential Oil Shown to Kill up to 93 Percent of Breast Cancer Cells, Study Finds
They’ve gained considerable notoriety in recent years for their myriad uses in both aromatherapy and integrative medicine. But did you …
- Antibacterial Soaps May Pose Health Risks, FDA Says; Should They Be Banned?
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has accelerated its review of the use of triclosan and triclocarban—two pesticides used in antibacterial products—due …
- What You Need to Know Before You Reuse That Plastic Water Bottle
In an effort to be responsible and thrifty, you may reuse a plastic water bottle over and over gain. Why …