Have you ever heard about “Nasya?”
It’s considered one the top healing techniques used in Ayurveda.
Nasya is the nasal inhalation of herbalized oils into the sinuses.
This is done to help detox the lymphatic vessels in the brain also known as “sagittal sinus.” (1)
Why Should You Do This?
More and more studies are showing that the lymphatics in your brain are related to mood stability.
And when they’re congested or overloaded with waste, it can cause a host of mental and emotional concerns. (2,3,4)
How to Do Nasya Using Ayurvedic Nasya Oil
- Place 3-5 drops of Nasya oil into each nostril.
- Sniff 2-3 times to inhale the Nasya oil
- Gently massage the outside of the nasal passages to help the absorption
- Relax and take deep breaths.
If you find that the oil is slipping into the back of your throat. You can fix this by adjusting the tilt of your head or using less oil.
- New ‘Foolproof’ Test to Detect ADHD Fails To Live Up to Its Claim and Here’s Why.
Eight to ten percent of school-age children are currently diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). It is a behavioral …
- 5 Dangers Associated With Drinking Alcohol You Don’t Know About But Should!
Sipping on a cocktail is an easy way to melt away the stresses of your day, but it comes with a hefty …
- Burn Bay Leaves in the House and See What Happens After 10 Minutes!
If you’ve ever stepped inside a yoga studio or new age book shop, you may have noticed that these places …
- 8 Types of Sounds That Can Help You Sleep Better
A large percentage of Americans (seventy million of us!) have trouble sleeping; insomnia, apnea, and physical and emotional distress are …
- Winter Blues Getting The Best of You? Here’s Why
Researchers say Vitamin D deficiency could be partly responsible for the winter blues. According to the IBTimes, the findings, based …
- Easy Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Preventing Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the leading health concerns in the Western world. Type II diabetes, the “lifestyle” disease that we …
- A Compromised Liver Is Never a Good Sign…Thank God That Milk Thistle Exists!
Many herbs have tremendous medicinal value and have been used for thousands of years. As Western society catches up with other cultures that …
- 11 Sure Ways To Cause Inflammation In Your Body And What To Do Instead
Inflammation is something we’ve all experienced – it happens with minor injuries and illnesses, like a sprained ankle or a …
- From Cellulite Scrub To Wasp Repellent: 10 Amazing Uses For Coffee Grounds You Never Knew Existed
If you drink coffee every day, then you probably go through a lot of coffee ground. While these little grounds might …
- How To Make a Clay Pot Heater To Keep Your House Warm When There’s a Power Outage
Living in colder climates often means having to choose between being eco-friendly or being warm. Most people are not aware …
- How to Train Your Brain to Fall Asleep in 60 Seconds
Getting a good night’s sleep is vital for optimal health. Unfortunately, many people struggle with sleeplessness, especially in stressful situations, which can …
- Soak Your Whites In Baking Soda Water For THIS Genius Reason!
Most people find themselves thinking twice before purchasing a classic white blouse or shirt. The fact is that white clothing …
- 5 Tips On How To Prevent Workplace Stress From Aging You Faster
Chronic stress is bad for you – by now, this shouldn’t be a surprising statement. Chronic stress is linked to …
- Farmed Salmon Is FULL Of Antibiotics And Mercury, Here’s How To Tell If Your Salmon Is Safe
Have you ever noticed that salmon in the supermarket can vary in color from a dull pink to a bright …
- How To Make Detox Foot Pads At Home To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins
Foot pads have been used and sold in Japan for hundreds of years. Similar to acupuncture, which has a positive effect on people’s energetic systems, …