It’s every parent’s greatest fear to realize that your baby or toddler is choking and you don’t know what to do.
This can happen to anyone. It’s inevitable—babies put objects in their mouths all the time. And even if you give them tiny cut up pieces of food, there’s no way for you to prevent him or her from taking food from another child that may be bigger.
Unfortunately, one U.S. child chokes to death approximately every five days; and 75 percent of choking deaths occur in children under the age of 3 years. (source)
Just imagine how scary it is to see your child go from being perfectly fine to unconscious in a matter of minutes.
Feeling powerless when it happens is something you can prevent by learning more about this subject.
Here’s what you need to know:
Top 10 Choking Food Hazards
- hot dogs
- hard candy
- chewing gum
- nuts and seeds
- chunks of meat or cheese
- whole grapes
- chunks of peanut butter
- raw vegetables
Top 10 Choking Object Hazards
- small balls
- deflated balloons
- watch batteries
- ball point pen caps and paper clips
- arts and crafts supplies
- small toys and toys with small detachable parts
Always make sure to be extra careful when your child is eating these foods or near these objects. Cutting out junk food from your child’s diet will instantly shorten the list by half.
How To Save a Choking Baby
This video will take you through the 3 first aid steps for a choking baby. Using these essential first aid skills can make a big difference.
- Check The Mouth
- Slap It Out
- Squeeze It Out
If your baby falls unconscious at any time, you will need to perform CPR.
How To Give CPR To a Baby
These videos were made by the same group of people who brought you “The Chokeables,” which was used to raise awareness about first aid training.
SHARE this to spread the message and to save innocent lives!
- Best Supplements for Omega-3s in Your Diet
Your doctor may have already told you that incorporating omega-3 fatty acids into your diet is important. Those miraculous omega-3s …
- The Leaves of Soursop Are 1000 Times Stronger at Killing Cancer Cells Than Chemotherapy
Graviola, or soursop, is a tropical fruit native to South America and the Caribbean. Known also as custard apple (THAT …
- 7 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s-Related Memory Loss
While early-onset Alzheimer’s disease can strike at any time, Alzheimer’s is most common in adults over the age of 60, …
- 10 Insanely Easy DIY Face Scrubs
Nothing feels better for your face than an occasional deep cleansing. Leaves you feeling refreshed, healthy, and nourished. When you can …
- Low Levels of Magnesium Associated With Impaired Glucose Tolerance and Irregular Heart Rhythms
It might surprise you to learn that there’s a very good chance you’re deficient in a significant mineral – and …
- WARNING : This Household Plant Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute And An Adult In 15 Minutes!
Houseplants not only make your home lovely and lush but they also improve the air quality around you. However, most plant …
- Here’s Why You Need To Wash Your Hair With Apple Cider Vinegar At Least Once In Your Lifetime!
As more and more people eschew expensive, chemical-filled shampoos and conditioners for more natural hair treatments, a superhero in the …
- 16 Breakfast Recipes That Can Help You Lose Weight
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.”This age-old adage shows how important breakfast …
- 5 Perfectly Good Reasons Why Your Digestive System Isn’t Working Properly (No. 4 Is a No-Brainer!)
It seems nearly everyone has digestive issues these days. Crohn’s, IBS, colitis, celiac, and dozens of other digestive disorders have …
- This Journalist Just Exposed a Big Flossing Scandal! Here’s What He Discovered…
Flossing isn’t exactly what you want to be doing right before going to bed, but many of us are advised …
- 6 Heart-Healthy Foods That Will Help Keep Your Arteries Clean
There are many risk factors at play when it comes to the development of cardiovascular disease – and our understanding …
- How To Use Watermelon As Medicine
No picnic or backyard party is complete without a watermelon or two. Watermelons are so popular in fact, they are …
- Why Your Feet And Hands Are ALWAYS Cold (And How to Fix It!)
Your body’s circulation system is responsible for sending blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout your body. When blood flow to a …
- She Puts Baking Soda and Essential Oils in a Glass Container…The Result Is Amazing!
Try as you may to keep your home smelling great, certain factors may occasionally leave a trail of stench that …
- Top 10 Dangerous Habits That Damage Your Liver And The #1 Food To Help It Heal
What does your body do with the toxins that enter it? It hands them off to your liver for processing, …