It’s every parent’s greatest fear to realize that your baby or toddler is choking and you don’t know what to do.
This can happen to anyone. It’s inevitable—babies put objects in their mouths all the time. And even if you give them tiny cut up pieces of food, there’s no way for you to prevent him or her from taking food from another child that may be bigger.
Unfortunately, one U.S. child chokes to death approximately every five days; and 75 percent of choking deaths occur in children under the age of 3 years. (source)
Just imagine how scary it is to see your child go from being perfectly fine to unconscious in a matter of minutes.
Feeling powerless when it happens is something you can prevent by learning more about this subject.
Here’s what you need to know:
Top 10 Choking Food Hazards
- hot dogs
- hard candy
- chewing gum
- nuts and seeds
- chunks of meat or cheese
- whole grapes
- chunks of peanut butter
- raw vegetables
Top 10 Choking Object Hazards
- small balls
- deflated balloons
- watch batteries
- ball point pen caps and paper clips
- arts and crafts supplies
- small toys and toys with small detachable parts
Always make sure to be extra careful when your child is eating these foods or near these objects. Cutting out junk food from your child’s diet will instantly shorten the list by half.
How To Save a Choking Baby
This video will take you through the 3 first aid steps for a choking baby. Using these essential first aid skills can make a big difference.
- Check The Mouth
- Slap It Out
- Squeeze It Out
If your baby falls unconscious at any time, you will need to perform CPR.
How To Give CPR To a Baby
These videos were made by the same group of people who brought you “The Chokeables,” which was used to raise awareness about first aid training.
SHARE this to spread the message and to save innocent lives!
- Your Liver May Be ‘Eating’ Your Brain
(originally written by Christopher Wanjek) Your liver could be “eating” your brain, new research suggests. People with extra abdominal fat are …
- This is What Happens to Your Body 10 Hours After Putting on Nail Polish
Take a look at your hands, what do they look like? If you’re a woman, your fingernails are probably painted …
- This Woman Invented a Way to Run 30 Lab Tests on Only One Drop of Blood.
Fast, Easy and Painless Blood Testing is coming to a Walgreens Theranos Wellness Center near You. Thanks to a 30 …
- This Sea “Vegetable” Is Nutritious, Fast Growing And Tastes Just Like Bacon
It’s red, leafy, and vaguely resembles some kind of lettuce, but make no mistake – this patented new strain of …
- This Face Mask Naturally Removes Stains, Acne Scars And Wrinkles After Second Use
Your skin is like a window to what’s going on inside your body. What you eat and how you’re feeling …
- Winter Warning: Always Shovel The Snow From The Back of Your Car First (It Could Save Your Life!)
You’ve probably never thought about it. But every year, dozens of people die from this during the winter. The culprit …
- This 2-ingredient IBS Healing Tea Has Been Proven to Work Better Than Medication
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a condition that affects 60 million Americans and its specific cause is unknown. In some …
- Doctors Removed His Heart and Installed This Weird Device In Its Place. The Results are Shocking.
In March of 2011, a gentlemen by the name of Craig Lewis, a 55-year-old suffering from a life threatening heart …
- Sorry, Pet Lovers, But It’s Time To Stop Sharing The Bed
It’s been long known and often clinically proven that having a pet is good for you, both mentally and physically. …
- Doctors Urge Parents To Save Their Kid’s Baby Teeth…Here’s Why!
Move over tooth fairy, modern medicine has found a new life for lost teeth. Inside baby teeth is dental pulp, …
- Shocking: Obesity Found to Spark 500,000 Cancer Cases Annually
It is an unfortunate truth that both the United States’ and the world’s populations are becoming fatter. It seems that …
- Toxic Dishwasher Capsules are Loaded With Chemicals That Cause Severe Respiratory Issues and Cancer
Anything that touches your food can get inside your body, right? That goes for dishes, glasses, and utensils, too. Commercial …
- Never, Ever Wash Raw Chicken at Home. Here’s Why.
Why do we do it? My mother did it, that’s why. Washing chicken before you cook it seems logical…we wash our …
- How To Grow Aloe Vera At Home (And Health Benefits)
Aloe Vera is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. The plant has numerous healing properties …
- Fatigue, Vitamin Deficiencies, and Diabetes: 7 Health Problems that Your Hands are Warning You About
The eyes may be the windows to the soul but your hands may be the windows to your blood and …