(originally written by Sayer Ji)
There is a medicinal spice so timelessly interwoven with the origins of human culture and metabolism, so thoroughly supported by modern scientific inquiry, as to be unparalleled in its proven value to human health and well-being.
Indeed, turmeric turns the entire drug-based medical model on its head. Instead of causing far more side effects than therapeutic ones, as is the case for most patented pharmaceutical medications, turmeric possesses hundreds of potential side benefits, having been empirically demonstrated to positively modulate over 160 different physiological pathways in the mammalian body.
While no food or herb is right for everyone, and everything has the potential for unintended, adverse side effects, turmeric is truly unique in its exceptionally high margin of safety vis-à-vis the drugs it has been compared with, e.g. hydrocortisone, ibuprofen, chemotherapy agents. Furthermore, nothing within the modern-day pharmaceutical armamentarium comes even remotely close to turmeric’s 6,000 year track record of safe use in Ayurvedic medicine.
Despite its vast potential for alleviating human suffering, turmeric will likely never receive the FDA stamp of approval, due to its lack of exclusivity, patentability and therefore profitability.
Truth be told, the FDA’s “gold standard” for proving the value of a prospective medicinal substance betrays the age old aphorism: “he who owns the gold makes the rules,” and unless an investor is willing to risk losing the 800+ million dollars that must be spent upfront, the FDA-required multi-phased double-blind, randomized clinical trials will not occur.
At GreenMedInfo.com, we have reviewed over 5,000 study abstracts from the National Library of Medicine’s bibliographic database known as MEDLINE and have discovered over 600 potential health benefits of turmeric, and/or its primary polyphenol known as curcumin. These can be viewed on GreenMedInfo’s turmeric research page which is dedicated to disseminating the research on the topic to a larger audience.
Some of the most amazing demonstrated properties include:
- Destroying Multi-Drug Resistant Cancer
- Destroying Cancer Stem Cells (arguably, the root of all cancer)
- Protecting Against Radiation-Induced Damage
- Reducing Unhealthy Levels of Inflammation
- Protecting Against Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Preventing and Reversing Alzheimer’s Disease Associated Pathologies
Again, what is so amazing is not that turmeric may have value in dozens of health conditions simultaneously, or that it may improve conditions that are completely resistant to conventional treatment, but that there are over six hundred additional health conditions it may also be valuable in preventing and/or treating. Consider also the fact that turmeric grows freely on the Earth, and you will understand why its very existence threatens billions of dollars in pharmaceutical industry revenue.
Learn more about this research in the video below – keeping in mind that it is several years old and needing some updating – and please spread the information to others who may benefit from learning more on the topic.
- Warning: Diet Drinks Not as Healthy as You Think
Every year, more and more people turn away from their favorite sugary sodas and pick up the diet version instead. …
- The 12 Best Natural Supplements For Managing Blood Sugar Levels
Struggling to get your blood sugar levels under control and manage your diabetes? It can be hard to deal with …
- 8 Foods Naturopathic Doctors Always Buy
There are certain foods that always end up in my shopping cart. I stick to a healthy, easy, and quick …
- 8 Foods That Look Like The Body Parts They’re Good For
Hippocrates once said, “let food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food.” While that is an oversimplification of …
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Big Brand Mayo And How To Make Your Own Healthy Version!
Mayonnaise can be found in almost every kitchen across the country. It can be used in sandwiches to guacamole to chocolate cake! Some women …
- Subway Restaurant to Remove Chemical Found in Yoga Mats From Bread
Companies that portray a healthy image, like Subway, must be held accountable to their “eat fresh” claims. When a company …
- In a Bad Mood? Avoid These 6 Ingredients!
When you go to the grocery store, you may have a long list of healthy foods that you want to …
- 5 Surprising Reasons to Make Sourdough Your Only Bread
Gluten intolerance isn’t the only reason some people refrain from eating breads. While it may be satisfying to eat, commercially-baked …
- 5 Healthy Swiss Chard Recipes to Boost Your Intake of Vitamin K
Swiss chard is vastly underrated in the vegetable kingdom. With 16% more iron than kale, it is also an excellent …
- Top 10 Foods Rich In Vitamin C
If you want to look and feel healthy, your first step is getting enough vitamin C! It helps fight infections, …
- 20 Healthy Habits to Help You Live to 100
These healthy habits are part of daily life for some of the longest-living people on Earth. In this article we’ll …
- How to Make Healthy Marshmallows For Your Next Bonfire
Marshmallows are the thing of childhood summers. Whether they’re roasted over an open fire or smooshed into a smore, marshmallows …
- The Health Benefits of the Humble Cranberry
Cranberry juice is a popular beverage and as the holiday season approaches, more people will be considering adding cranberries to …
- Native American “Root Beer”: A Homemade Tonic to Purify Your Blood
The root beer we find on the grocery store shelves today is a far cry from its healthful ancestor. Homemade …
- 2 Little-Known Facts About Cheap Tea That Could Put You In Danger (And What To Do About It)
Did you ever think that something as healthy as tea can have hidden toxins? Big brand tea companies you often …