(originally written by Sayer Ji)
There is a medicinal spice so timelessly interwoven with the origins of human culture and metabolism, so thoroughly supported by modern scientific inquiry, as to be unparalleled in its proven value to human health and well-being.
Indeed, turmeric turns the entire drug-based medical model on its head. Instead of causing far more side effects than therapeutic ones, as is the case for most patented pharmaceutical medications, turmeric possesses hundreds of potential side benefits, having been empirically demonstrated to positively modulate over 160 different physiological pathways in the mammalian body.
While no food or herb is right for everyone, and everything has the potential for unintended, adverse side effects, turmeric is truly unique in its exceptionally high margin of safety vis-à-vis the drugs it has been compared with, e.g. hydrocortisone, ibuprofen, chemotherapy agents. Furthermore, nothing within the modern-day pharmaceutical armamentarium comes even remotely close to turmeric’s 6,000 year track record of safe use in Ayurvedic medicine.
Despite its vast potential for alleviating human suffering, turmeric will likely never receive the FDA stamp of approval, due to its lack of exclusivity, patentability and therefore profitability.
Truth be told, the FDA’s “gold standard” for proving the value of a prospective medicinal substance betrays the age old aphorism: “he who owns the gold makes the rules,” and unless an investor is willing to risk losing the 800+ million dollars that must be spent upfront, the FDA-required multi-phased double-blind, randomized clinical trials will not occur.
At GreenMedInfo.com, we have reviewed over 5,000 study abstracts from the National Library of Medicine’s bibliographic database known as MEDLINE and have discovered over 600 potential health benefits of turmeric, and/or its primary polyphenol known as curcumin. These can be viewed on GreenMedInfo’s turmeric research page which is dedicated to disseminating the research on the topic to a larger audience.
Some of the most amazing demonstrated properties include:
- Destroying Multi-Drug Resistant Cancer
- Destroying Cancer Stem Cells (arguably, the root of all cancer)
- Protecting Against Radiation-Induced Damage
- Reducing Unhealthy Levels of Inflammation
- Protecting Against Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Preventing and Reversing Alzheimer’s Disease Associated Pathologies
Again, what is so amazing is not that turmeric may have value in dozens of health conditions simultaneously, or that it may improve conditions that are completely resistant to conventional treatment, but that there are over six hundred additional health conditions it may also be valuable in preventing and/or treating. Consider also the fact that turmeric grows freely on the Earth, and you will understand why its very existence threatens billions of dollars in pharmaceutical industry revenue.
Learn more about this research in the video below – keeping in mind that it is several years old and needing some updating – and please spread the information to others who may benefit from learning more on the topic.
- Eating This Weird Looking Mushroom is a Proven Way to Relax and Boost Brain Performance
Nature provides an amazing array of resources to improve our health and boost our immunity. Mushrooms are a type of …
- Here’s How You Can Increase Turmeric Absorption By Adding Two Simple Ingredients
When we talk about eating foods for their specific health benefits, many people think simply eating the food is enough. …
- ￼7 Surprising Health Benefits of Dates You Never Knew About (It’s Especially Good For Digestion!)
Date fruits have a long history of cultivation for their health benefits, as well as for their sweet taste. But …
- Time To Replace Synthetic Folic Acid Fortification Programs and Stick to Natural Folates
Folic acid is the synthetic version of folate, vitamin B9. Folate is necessary for the creation of DNA and RNA. …
- Eat Your Greens with These 5 Spinach Recipes
As a leafy green, spinach provides a cornucopia of vitamins and minerals. Recently, researchers have also found that the nutritional …
- Eating 10 Portions of This Food a Week Could Reduce Prostate Cancer Risk
It is likely that the standard Western diet and lifestyle are adding to increased prostate cancer risks, as this lifestyle is …
- Nitrate-Rich Leafy Greens Amazingly ‘Good for The Heart’, Study Finds
A recent study by the Universities of Cambridge and Southampton has found that nitrate, found in leafy green vegetables, may …
- Dietary Supplements with DMAA Ruled Dangerous by FDA
The FDA has ruled DMAA, a common dietary and exercise supplement, to be unsafe, but it’s still on the market. …
- 5,000+ Studies: Turmeric More Effective Than Leading Drugs For Diabetes, Arthritis And Cancer
Turmeric is a rhizome spice that has been used for centuries in India and other Asian countries. It is bright …
- 7 Salads Worse Than a Big Mac
Salads sound like they should be a healthy alternative to some of the calorie-, fat-, and salt-packed options you find …
- The Many Dangers of Artificial Food Coloring
Beet juice concentrate colour, turmeric extract colour – these are just 2 of the many natural food dye options available …
- Eating Dark Maple Syrup In The Morning Can Prevent Colon Cancer
Colorectal cancer is comprised of any growth (lump or tumor) of the colon and rectum. Worldwide, it is the second …
- Honey and Ginger Kill Superbugs Better than Pharmaceutical Meds
Bacteria have been morphing into resistant strains of superbugs that make it very difficult for pharmaceutical companies to keep up …
- Top 27 Alkaline Foods On The Planet (Eat More To Prevent Cancer, Obesity and Heart Disease)
The western lifestyle has prioritized convenience over quality in many aspect of everyday life. This is what’s led countless of …
- 8 Most Nutrient Dense Foods on Earth. Surprisingly, Half of These Aren’t Veggies.
There are a wide range of systems for ranking the nutritional density of foods out there – Dr. Joel Fuhman’s …