Getting the cold or the flu can really take a toll on your health.
Worse yet, infection quickly spreads throughout your home or workplace, making it really difficult to go about your everyday life.
While pharmaceutical products may offer some relief, they really take a toll on your liver.
Instead, to kick your cold to the curb, look no further than your kitchen!
Cold-Busting Apple Fire Cider
- 1/2 cup ginger root
- 1/2 cup horseradish root
- 1/2 cup turmeric root
- 1 medium red onion
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- A 32 oz bottle of raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Place everything but vinegar in a food processor and pulse into small pieces (1/8 – 1/4 of an inch).
- Place the chopped ingredients in a large mason jar or any other glass container with a lid.
- Fill the rest of the jar with vinegar.
- Store in the fridge for one a month before use, shaking once a day, every day.
- After a month, strain and pour the mxiture into a clean jar.
To heal a cold, take one or two tablespoons of apple fire cider three time a day until your symptoms subside. If your body is sensitive to spicy food, take 1/2 -1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day.
The Secret of Apple Fire Cider – What Each Ingredient Does
Apple cider vinegar contains potassium, which thins mucus and helps expel phlegm. Combined with the amino acids found in ACV, potassium boosts energy to help ease the fatigue associated with infection. Vinegar is also anti-viral and anti-histamine. Vinegar may be hard to stomach, but it quickly eases congestion and sore throat (1).
Ginger has been proven to be just as effective as antibiotics in treating common infections (2). It also work against 4 of the the most common respiratory tract pathogens to help you breathe easier and heal quickly(3).
Turmeric eases inflammation of the the lungs, throat and sinuses. It’s also used in Ayurvedic medicine purify blood, expel phlegm and ease digestion (4). To get a good night’s rest, try it in creamy golden milk.
Horseradish may seem like a strange ingredient, but it’s known to successfully treat respiratory infections (5). When fermented in fire cider, the root contains powerful probiotics that feed your immune system and shorten the duration of your cold or flu.
Onion has antiasthmatic and antibiotic effects, making it particularly helpful in curing asthmatic patients of the cold and flu (6). The bulb also contains polyphenols which prevent and cure infection by feeding beneficial gut bacteria.
Jalapeno and Cayenne both contain Capsaicin, which thins mucus, reduces lung congestion and fights bacteria.It also helps you detoxify by heating your body internally and helping you break a sweat (9).
Lemon contains high levels of vitamin C and boosts the immune system’s natural ability to fight off infection. It also reduces the quantity and thickness of mucus to ease congestion (10).
- Wearing a Pair of Eyeglasses Like These Could Help You Sleep Better At Night And Here’s Why
According to the CDC, insufficient sleep is a national epidemic, “linked to motor vehicle crashes, industrial disasters, and medical and …
- 8 Risk Factors For Heart Disease That Are Often Ignored
The majority of individuals believe that high cholesterol can lead to heart disease, but there are many other factors at play …
- Sweden Bans Mandatory Vaccinations Over ‘Serious Health Concerns’
There’s no denying it: vaccines a controversial issue. On one hand, they have saved the lives of countless children and …
- Molecular Biologist Explains How THC Kills Cancer Completely
From Compultense University in Madrid, Spain, Dr. Christina Sanchez has been studying the anti-tumor effects of THC, the main psychoactive …
- How to Naturally Cure an Eye Infection In 24 Hours With Salt Water
Pinkeye isn’t the only common eye infection around: styes and chalazions also take the cake. And if you’ve ever had …
- Take a Castor Oil Detox Bath for Pain Relief and Organ Health
Many people over the age of 60 can remember their mothers compelling them to drink a spoonful of castor oil …
- 7 Dangerous Toxins In Beauty Products That Cause Inflammation, Rashes, Skin Allergies and Cancer
These days, it seems like absolutely everything directly or indirectly causes cancer. Forget about cigarettes, air fresheners, foods additives, environmental …
- 100% Natural Bomb Against Cold And Flu – You’ll Feel Like New In Just 24 Hours
The cold and flu aren’t just unpleasant, they’re also potentially dangerous. This is particularly true for pregnant women, people taking …
- How To Make Your Own Plastic-Free and Zero-Waste Mascara
Many ladies like to enhance their facial features by applying make-up—cosmetics sales are a global $500 billion a year industry. …
- New Evidence On Why You Should Never Go To Bed Angry
Has your mother ever told you not to go to bed angry? If so, she might be right. Sleep ensures …
- This Is What Happens When An Animal Shelter Partners With An Elderly Care Facility
Pets give love and companionship that can turn someone’s life around. For elderly people who don’t get to see their …
- This is What Happens to Your Brain When You Learn to Play a Musical Instrument
There is no doubt that playing a musical instrument such as the piano or guitar can be a fun hobby …
- How To Get Beautiful Silky, Shiny, Straight Hair With Coconut Milk And Lemon Juice
Most people with curly hair wishes it was straight, and straight hair want it to be curly. As the saying …
- Eat Probiotic-Rich Foods Everyday To Improve Memory And Reduce Anxiety
Your body contains a truly massive amount of bacteria – over ten times the amount of your own cells! So it’s …
- 10 Natural Antibiotics MORE Powerful Than Conventional Medicine!
When you have a cold, do you reach for your medicine cabinet or for your fridge? Although conventional medication has …