Getting the cold or the flu can really take a toll on your health.
Worse yet, infection quickly spreads throughout your home or workplace, making it really difficult to go about your everyday life.
While pharmaceutical products may offer some relief, they really take a toll on your liver.
Instead, to kick your cold to the curb, look no further than your kitchen!
Cold-Busting Apple Fire Cider
- 1/2 cup ginger root
- 1/2 cup horseradish root
- 1/2 cup turmeric root
- 1 medium red onion
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- A 32 oz bottle of raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Place everything but vinegar in a food processor and pulse into small pieces (1/8 – 1/4 of an inch).
- Place the chopped ingredients in a large mason jar or any other glass container with a lid.
- Fill the rest of the jar with vinegar.
- Store in the fridge for one a month before use, shaking once a day, every day.
- After a month, strain and pour the mxiture into a clean jar.
To heal a cold, take one or two tablespoons of apple fire cider three time a day until your symptoms subside. If your body is sensitive to spicy food, take 1/2 -1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day.
The Secret of Apple Fire Cider – What Each Ingredient Does
Apple cider vinegar contains potassium, which thins mucus and helps expel phlegm. Combined with the amino acids found in ACV, potassium boosts energy to help ease the fatigue associated with infection. Vinegar is also anti-viral and anti-histamine. Vinegar may be hard to stomach, but it quickly eases congestion and sore throat (1).
Ginger has been proven to be just as effective as antibiotics in treating common infections (2). It also work against 4 of the the most common respiratory tract pathogens to help you breathe easier and heal quickly(3).
Turmeric eases inflammation of the the lungs, throat and sinuses. It’s also used in Ayurvedic medicine purify blood, expel phlegm and ease digestion (4). To get a good night’s rest, try it in creamy golden milk.
Horseradish may seem like a strange ingredient, but it’s known to successfully treat respiratory infections (5). When fermented in fire cider, the root contains powerful probiotics that feed your immune system and shorten the duration of your cold or flu.
Onion has antiasthmatic and antibiotic effects, making it particularly helpful in curing asthmatic patients of the cold and flu (6). The bulb also contains polyphenols which prevent and cure infection by feeding beneficial gut bacteria.
Jalapeno and Cayenne both contain Capsaicin, which thins mucus, reduces lung congestion and fights bacteria.It also helps you detoxify by heating your body internally and helping you break a sweat (9).
Lemon contains high levels of vitamin C and boosts the immune system’s natural ability to fight off infection. It also reduces the quantity and thickness of mucus to ease congestion (10).
- Spray This Simple Mixture and You Will Never See Weeds in Your Garden Again!
Killing weeds is as easy as picking up a bottle of Monsanto’s Roundup at your local store—any store; it’s the …
- Dutch Man Creates Device That Turns Coca Cola Back Into Pure Drinking Water
It’s been said that in some parts of the world, Coca-Cola is not only cheaper than clean drinking water, it’s …
- Powerful Alternative to Aspirin Grows On Trees and Has 40-Years of Research to Back It Up
Aspirin’s long held promises are increasingly falling flat. A natural, safer and more effective alternative to this synthetic drug has …
- Federal Judge Gives City Of Spokane, WA, The Go Ahead To Sue Monsanto
Monsanto is easily one of the world’s richest companies. As of August 31, 2016, their last fiscal quarter, the company …
- How To Make A Homemade Eczema Cream
Ceara (the creator of this recipe) used this cream to help heal her entire families eczema – but this can …
- Professor of Plant Biology Destroys Roundup in 3 Minutes
Who is Dr. Don M. Huber? For 50 years, he’s been a scientist studying plant diseases in the U.S. and …
- Could a Tax on Fizzy Drinks & Junk Foods Be Good For Our Health?
Doctors in the UK have announced they feel increasing tax on junk foods and fizzy drinks will help sway people …
- Top 5 Weight Loss Drinks You Need To Try
Thinking about losing a few extra pounds? The only true way to shed off unwanted weight is with a strict …
- Something Unexpected Happens When You Take 1-2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar Before Each Meal…
Apple cider vinegar is probably one of the best things you could drink before a meal. In some cases, it …
- The Surprising Reason Why Your Knees Hurt More During Winter. (It’s Not Because of The Cold)
If you are experiencing knee pain at this time of year, the solution may be more sunshine, according to new …
- This Journalist Just Exposed a Big Flossing Scandal! Here’s What He Discovered…
Flossing isn’t exactly what you want to be doing right before going to bed, but many of us are advised …
- No, They’re NOT Really Baby Carrots – Here’s What You Need To Know
Baby carrots don’t grow in nature. They’re actually a man-made product and were first introduced into the market in 1986 as a …
- This 1:49 Video Teaches You an Effective and Simple Way To Save Yourself From Choking To Death
tag: choking to death Chocking on food can happen to anyone. What’s scary about it isn’t how it happens but WHEN. …
- Scorch Body Fat and Save Muscle!
You may or may not already know this but the human body has two main fuel tanks. One is referred …
- This 2-Ingredient Mix Is All You Need To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus For Good!
There’s a lot of things that can affect your feet, whether it be athlete’s foot, ingrown toenails or foot pain. …