Getting the cold or the flu can really take a toll on your health.
Worse yet, infection quickly spreads throughout your home or workplace, making it really difficult to go about your everyday life.
While pharmaceutical products may offer some relief, they really take a toll on your liver.
Instead, to kick your cold to the curb, look no further than your kitchen!
Cold-Busting Apple Fire Cider
- 1/2 cup ginger root
- 1/2 cup horseradish root
- 1/2 cup turmeric root
- 1 medium red onion
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- A 32 oz bottle of raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Place everything but vinegar in a food processor and pulse into small pieces (1/8 – 1/4 of an inch).
- Place the chopped ingredients in a large mason jar or any other glass container with a lid.
- Fill the rest of the jar with vinegar.
- Store in the fridge for one a month before use, shaking once a day, every day.
- After a month, strain and pour the mxiture into a clean jar.
To heal a cold, take one or two tablespoons of apple fire cider three time a day until your symptoms subside. If your body is sensitive to spicy food, take 1/2 -1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day.
The Secret of Apple Fire Cider – What Each Ingredient Does
Apple cider vinegar contains potassium, which thins mucus and helps expel phlegm. Combined with the amino acids found in ACV, potassium boosts energy to help ease the fatigue associated with infection. Vinegar is also anti-viral and anti-histamine. Vinegar may be hard to stomach, but it quickly eases congestion and sore throat (1).
Ginger has been proven to be just as effective as antibiotics in treating common infections (2). It also work against 4 of the the most common respiratory tract pathogens to help you breathe easier and heal quickly(3).
Turmeric eases inflammation of the the lungs, throat and sinuses. It’s also used in Ayurvedic medicine purify blood, expel phlegm and ease digestion (4). To get a good night’s rest, try it in creamy golden milk.
Horseradish may seem like a strange ingredient, but it’s known to successfully treat respiratory infections (5). When fermented in fire cider, the root contains powerful probiotics that feed your immune system and shorten the duration of your cold or flu.
Onion has antiasthmatic and antibiotic effects, making it particularly helpful in curing asthmatic patients of the cold and flu (6). The bulb also contains polyphenols which prevent and cure infection by feeding beneficial gut bacteria.
Jalapeno and Cayenne both contain Capsaicin, which thins mucus, reduces lung congestion and fights bacteria.It also helps you detoxify by heating your body internally and helping you break a sweat (9).
Lemon contains high levels of vitamin C and boosts the immune system’s natural ability to fight off infection. It also reduces the quantity and thickness of mucus to ease congestion (10).
- Spray This Oil And You Will Never See Mold Again
Mold is everywhere, whether you can see it or not. These microscopic fungi flourish not only in the bathroom but …
- Science Proves Himalayan Salt Lamps Fight Anxiety and Depression
If you’ve already made the switch to Himalayan salt in the kitchen, why not take it a step further? Large …
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …