How Do You Know if Your Body is Too Acidic?
Basically, there are two very simple ways to determine if your body is acidic: you can use regular pH paper to do a saliva test, or, if you are suffering from the following chronic symptoms:
- Muscle pain or cramping after walking short distances
- Constant fatigue
- Easily running out of breath
- Often feeling like you can’t get enough air
When your pH level falls, your body naturally attempts to regulate itself (to create homeostasis) by capturing and storing excessively acidic substances in your organs such as your kidneys, liver and lungs, thereby maintaining an optimal pH of between 7.35-7.45.
These acidic substances, however, ultimately begin to attack your healthy cells, causing them to become toxic, damaged and sick.
Over time, if the issue is not addressed, these cells can metastasize—grow uncontrollably and spread to other parts or organs in your body.
Your Diet Is Too Acidic
One of the biggest reasons for chronic acidosis is our 21st-century diet consisting of sugar, caffeine, highly processed foods and alcohol. The additives, pesticides and growth hormones used to make and grow our food are also highly acidic to our bodies.
One of the best ways to counter this, however, (apart from changing your diet) is to flush your body with alkaline water.
Since your body is around 70% water, when you ensure that this water is alkaline, you are helping your body create homeostasis.
How to Make Alkaline Water
- 1 organic lemon (it is important to use only organic lemons as they are pesticide-free)
- 2 L of purified water (an osmosis filter is good if you have one, but water that is free of all chemicals and additives is the goal)
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan salt (which you can find at most health food stores)
- 1 large glass jar (it must be glass as plastic contains chemicals and impurities that are acidic to your body)
- Fill the glass jar with the water
- Slice the lemon and add it to the water. (do not squeeze out the juice)
- Add the Himalayan salt.
- Cover the jar and leave it at room temperature for 12-24 hours.
After the water has had time to sit, drink 3 glasses of this alkaline water on an empty stomach. It is always best to do this first thing in the morning before you start your day or put anything else in to your body.
You can also drink alkaline water throughout the day. Over time, you will begin to see a difference in how you feel (more energy), your skin will become clearer, and your brain more alert—you will generally feel more alive.
If you couple this with a healthier diet, one in which you avoid processed foods, sugar and additives, it won’t be long before you begin to see a healthier (more alkaline) you.
- Get Rid of Foot Pain in Minutes With These 6 Effective Stretches
In Reflexology, the feet are the center of the body: all energy meridians used in acupuncture flow through the feet. …
- When You Try This 2,000-Year-Old Lotion Recipe, You’ll Know Why People Still Use It
Facial cleansers are everywhere on the market today, and it can be hard to know which ones are actually good …
- Chart Comparing Global Drug Prices Exposes How US Govt Creates Mega Profits For Big Pharma
It’s no secret that pharmaceutical drugs in the United States are incredibly expensive when compared to costs in other developed …
- The Healing Power of Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds and their oil have been used for centuries in for both cooking and medicinal needs. But many people …
- 8 Habits of Unhappy People You Need To Avoid At All Cost
Happiness is something we all want. Sometimes, it’s easy to achieve. Especially when everything in your life seems to be …
- 48 Foods to Balance Your Hormones, Boost Your Metabolism, and Lose Weight
Hormones are chemicals that the organs produce to regulate every function in the body. All processes are in delicate balance …
- Professor of Plant Biology Destroys Roundup in 3 Minutes
Who is Dr. Don M. Huber? For 50 years, he’s been a scientist studying plant diseases in the U.S. and …
- 5 Ways Pesticides & Herbicides Are Destroying Your Health
Consuming pesticides in your diet is just like playing Russian roulette with your health – as the reality is you …
- Aluminum in Deodorants Can Cause Breast Cancer. Use Lime to Eliminate Body Odor
Sweating is never fun, unless you’re in a sauna. Sweating allows your body to get rid of toxins and prevent overheating. …
- Here’s Why 97% of Western Europeans Don’t Drink Fluoridated Water
Fluoride is probably an ingredient you’re used to seeing on your toothpaste or hearing about at your dental clinic. However, …
- Researchers Discover That 85% of Tampons Are Contaminated With Cancer-Causing Herbicide
Your feminine hygiene products may be poisoning you (1). According to a study done by the University of La Plata, …
- Seafood Farmed in Asia is FULL of Pig Feces and Antibiotics, Here’s How to Tell If Yours is Safe
With the rising safety concerns of the use of antibiotics in meat and poultry farming, many people have moved towards …
- How To Use Coffee Beans To Get Rid Of Dark Under Eye Circles
Nobody likes having dark under eye circles. Many try all kinds of things to conceal them. Unfortunately, doing this doesn’t actually tackle the …
- 5 Healthy Practices for the Office
For those of us who spend our days in an office, it can be challenging to keep up healthy habits! …
- 4 Ways to Avoid Storing Carbs As Fat
There are many diets out there revolving around regulating your intake of carbohydrates – no carb diets, low carb diets, …