How Do You Know if Your Body is Too Acidic?
Basically, there are two very simple ways to determine if your body is acidic: you can use regular pH paper to do a saliva test, or, if you are suffering from the following chronic symptoms:
- Muscle pain or cramping after walking short distances
- Constant fatigue
- Easily running out of breath
- Often feeling like you can’t get enough air
When your pH level falls, your body naturally attempts to regulate itself (to create homeostasis) by capturing and storing excessively acidic substances in your organs such as your kidneys, liver and lungs, thereby maintaining an optimal pH of between 7.35-7.45.
These acidic substances, however, ultimately begin to attack your healthy cells, causing them to become toxic, damaged and sick.
Over time, if the issue is not addressed, these cells can metastasize—grow uncontrollably and spread to other parts or organs in your body.
Your Diet Is Too Acidic
One of the biggest reasons for chronic acidosis is our 21st-century diet consisting of sugar, caffeine, highly processed foods and alcohol. The additives, pesticides and growth hormones used to make and grow our food are also highly acidic to our bodies.
One of the best ways to counter this, however, (apart from changing your diet) is to flush your body with alkaline water.
Since your body is around 70% water, when you ensure that this water is alkaline, you are helping your body create homeostasis.
How to Make Alkaline Water
- 1 organic lemon (it is important to use only organic lemons as they are pesticide-free)
- 2 L of purified water (an osmosis filter is good if you have one, but water that is free of all chemicals and additives is the goal)
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan salt (which you can find at most health food stores)
- 1 large glass jar (it must be glass as plastic contains chemicals and impurities that are acidic to your body)
- Fill the glass jar with the water
- Slice the lemon and add it to the water. (do not squeeze out the juice)
- Add the Himalayan salt.
- Cover the jar and leave it at room temperature for 12-24 hours.
After the water has had time to sit, drink 3 glasses of this alkaline water on an empty stomach. It is always best to do this first thing in the morning before you start your day or put anything else in to your body.
You can also drink alkaline water throughout the day. Over time, you will begin to see a difference in how you feel (more energy), your skin will become clearer, and your brain more alert—you will generally feel more alive.
If you couple this with a healthier diet, one in which you avoid processed foods, sugar and additives, it won’t be long before you begin to see a healthier (more alkaline) you.
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- 30 Simple and Effective Whole Food Substitutes to Improve Your Total Wellness Right Away
If you haven’t caught up by now, the Standard American Diet – appropriately nicknamed SAD – is horrible. It’s literally …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat 4X Faster, Prevent Cancer, Improve Energy And Remove Toxins
Most tea can be found either in tea bag or loose leaf form. Occasionally, it can also be fermented and …
- Do Not Use Apple Cider Vinegar If You’re On Any Of These Medications
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Our bodies are complex organisms that are constantly moving, with chemicals acting and interacting. Sometimes …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- The First U.S. School District to Begin Serving Only Organic, GMO-Free Meals
Hail to the trailblazers! No one would argue the importance of nutrition, especially for children. As their bodies develop, they …
- Soak Chia Seeds To Supercharge Your Metabolism, Burn Fat And Fight Inflammation
You may have heard about chia pets, the adorable children’s toy made from sprouted seeds. These beloved toys are actually …
- 92 Alkaline Foods That Fight Cancer, Inflammation, Diabetes and Heart Disease
Human life, just like all life on earth, depends on appropriate pH levels in and around living organisms and cells. …
- 11 Good Reasons Why Ignoring Polyphenols In Your Diet Is a Big Mistake!
What is something that dark chocolate, green tea, red wine, blueberries, flaxseed, and coffee all have in common? Polyphenols! Polyphenols …
- Top 13 Inflammatory Foods You Should Avoid
As we get older, our bodies don’t always keep up. Muscles aren’t as strong as they used to be, skin …
- How Much Water Do We Need To Drink, According To Our Weight?
If you’ve never taken the time to appreciate all the health benefits of water, now may just be the right …
- Why You Should Start Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar at Night
The more apple cider vinegar (ACV) is studied, the more miraculous it seems. From speeding wound healing to disinfecting, its …