How Do You Know if Your Body is Too Acidic?
Basically, there are two very simple ways to determine if your body is acidic: you can use regular pH paper to do a saliva test, or, if you are suffering from the following chronic symptoms:
- Muscle pain or cramping after walking short distances
- Constant fatigue
- Easily running out of breath
- Often feeling like you can’t get enough air
When your pH level falls, your body naturally attempts to regulate itself (to create homeostasis) by capturing and storing excessively acidic substances in your organs such as your kidneys, liver and lungs, thereby maintaining an optimal pH of between 7.35-7.45.
These acidic substances, however, ultimately begin to attack your healthy cells, causing them to become toxic, damaged and sick.
Over time, if the issue is not addressed, these cells can metastasize—grow uncontrollably and spread to other parts or organs in your body.
Your Diet Is Too Acidic
One of the biggest reasons for chronic acidosis is our 21st-century diet consisting of sugar, caffeine, highly processed foods and alcohol. The additives, pesticides and growth hormones used to make and grow our food are also highly acidic to our bodies.
One of the best ways to counter this, however, (apart from changing your diet) is to flush your body with alkaline water.
Since your body is around 70% water, when you ensure that this water is alkaline, you are helping your body create homeostasis.
How to Make Alkaline Water
- 1 organic lemon (it is important to use only organic lemons as they are pesticide-free)
- 2 L of purified water (an osmosis filter is good if you have one, but water that is free of all chemicals and additives is the goal)
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan salt (which you can find at most health food stores)
- 1 large glass jar (it must be glass as plastic contains chemicals and impurities that are acidic to your body)
- Fill the glass jar with the water
- Slice the lemon and add it to the water. (do not squeeze out the juice)
- Add the Himalayan salt.
- Cover the jar and leave it at room temperature for 12-24 hours.
After the water has had time to sit, drink 3 glasses of this alkaline water on an empty stomach. It is always best to do this first thing in the morning before you start your day or put anything else in to your body.
You can also drink alkaline water throughout the day. Over time, you will begin to see a difference in how you feel (more energy), your skin will become clearer, and your brain more alert—you will generally feel more alive.
If you couple this with a healthier diet, one in which you avoid processed foods, sugar and additives, it won’t be long before you begin to see a healthier (more alkaline) you.
- Cinnamon’s Dirty Little Secret REVEALED (Don’t Buy Any Until You’ve Read This!)
Cinnamon is one of those spices that go well in just about every type of food! It’s added to your …
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Diet Soda
Unfortunately, the food and beverages that we like the most are often the ones that can cause great harm to …
- 7 Food Combinations That Work Better Together Than Apart
Some food combinations just seem to go great together naturally – like orange juice and oatmeal with fruit in the …
- Researchers Find That High-Fat Diets Postpone Aging When It Comes To This Important Organ
New Danish-led research suggests that signs of brain aging can be postponed through high-fat diets. In the long term, this …
- How Eating Broccoli 3X a Week Fights Liver Disease And Cancer (Here’s The BEST Way To Eat It!)
Cancer and liver disease incidence has tripled since 1980; with rates from 2003 to 2012 increasing 2.7% per year. Cancer …
- Top 10 Cancer-Fighting Spices You Can Use Every Day
Cancer is the disease of the decade. According to the American Cancer Society, men have a 1 in 2 chance …
- 5 Tasty Blueberry Recipes For The Whole Family
Blueberries are known for their abundance of health benefits. As a potent source of antioxidants, they combat free radicals and …
- 6 Cooking Hacks That Make It Easier For Your Body To Absorb Nutrients
We all know about the little steps we take in food preparation that make our food tastier, but less healthy …
- 1 Super-Common Food That’s Ruining Your Skin, Joints & Blood Sugar
Sometimes it’s difficult to discern trend diets from the truth about nutrition. It seems that everyone has an agenda, a …
- 10-Minute Avocado Egg Salad With Turmeric, Black Pepper And Apple Cider Vinegar
Contrary to popular belief, it’s actually safe and healthy to eat eggs (yolks included!). They’re packed with protein and disease-fighting …
- This Powerful Syrup Can Be Used Both Topically And Internally To Soothe Inflammation
All kinds of things can cause inflammation, from chronic illnesses like arthritis to everyday annoyances like poison ivy. But there’s …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- Here’s Why You Should NEVER Use Highly Processed Coffee Creamers (Try This Recipe Instead!)
Many people use creamer in their morning coffee, thinking that it’s healthier than regular cream. But the fact is, non-dairy …
- 3 Ways of Knowing If Your Supplement is Safe or Effective
There is always a risk when you put something in your body: Will it work? What are the side effects? …
- This Is What ¼ Teaspoon of Ginger Everyday Can Do For You And It’s Amazing!
It’s no secret that ginger packs a punch of flavor and is incredibly beneficial to your health. You’ve probably heard …