Currently, breast cancer is the leading cause of death among women aged 35–54 years old (1). American men have a 43% chance of developing cancer in their lifetime. For women, it’s a 37% lifetime chance (2). So why is it important to detox your armpits? What is the link between armpits and breast cancer?
There is a lot of work going into diagnosing and curing breast cancer. However, no one’s really talking about what causes it.
Aluminum and Breast Cancer
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. It’s constantly absorbing nutrients from its surface.
Unfortunately, your skin is also soaking up cream, makeup and other beauty products.
This seems to be relatively harmless, until you find out what your everyday products are made of.
Here are just a few example of what lurks in store-bought deodorants and antiperspirants:
- Aluminum – causes breast cancer and Alzheimer’s disease
- Propylene glycol – an antifreeze agent
- Parabens – disrupt hormones
- Formaldehyde – is well-known carcinogenic substance
- Phthalates – yet another hormone disruptor
- Antibacterial substances – negatively affects the immune system and endocrine system
Aluminum salts are a popular ingredient in drugstore deodorants and antiperspirants. Recent studies have evaluated them as potentially carcinogenic. The Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry confirms that malignant breast tissue contained high concentrations of aluminum. Alarmingly, it’s also been found in human breast milk.
Aluminum is a strong neurotoxin. In the words of Dr. Chris Shaw, Neuroscientist and Professor at the University of British Columbia, aluminum “causes all kinds of unusual biochemical reactions in the body, including the brain.” (3). It’s also been linked to the onset Alzheimer’s disease and autism.
If you are a long-time user of antiperspirant or deodorant, read below. Detoxifying your armpits can be as easy as changing a few lifestyle habits.
How To Detox Your Armpits
1. Go To a Sauna
Sweat is your body’s way to get rid of toxins and cool down. Increasing the amount of time you sweat in a day will help you body detox. This is also an easy way to boost your immune system.
2. Drink Mineral Water
Drinking water helps the body flush out toxins and stay hydrated.
It’s been proven that drinking high silica content mineral water helps remove aluminum via urine (4). This is can be purchased online or at your local health food store.
3. Change Your Deodorant
Most deodorants and antiperspirants contain not only aluminum, but many other toxic chemicals. Make sure to read the label on your personal care products to avoid these. Beware; even “organic” or “natural” products can contain harmful components.
To be on the safe side, make your own by following with this DIY deodorant recipe.
You can also fight underarm odor thanks to these tips.
DIY Armpit Detox Recipe
To reverse the effects on long-term deodorant use, try this homemade armpit detox. It will also help control the bacteria that causes body odor.
- 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay
- 3 drops of rosemary essential oil (optional)
- 5 drops of cilantro essential oil (optional)
- Mix apple cider vinegar and clay in a large bowl.
- Add essential oils and mix until smooth. (you can skip this step if you don’t have any essential oils on hand)
- To use, spread a thin layer on your armpits and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off using a damp cloth and repeat daily for a week.
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Scientific Proof That Meridian Lines Exist
Western medicine has long set the standard for hospitals and clinics worldwide, but it’s far from the only healing tradition …
- This Is What Adult Coloring Books Can Do For You And Why Millions Swear By It!
Who says coloring books are just for kids? The adult coloring book craze is one that’s sweeping the globe – …
- Clear Your Lungs And Sinuses In 30 Minutes With These Homemade Shower Disks
No one likes feeling sick. Having a sore throat, puffy eyes, and a stuffy nose is a recipe for sleepless …
- Lead Developer Of HPV Vaccines Comes Clean, Warns Parents & Young Girls It’s All A Giant Deadly Scam
The HPV vaccine controversy has got many people confused. Here’s what you need to know. The human papillomavirus (HPV) is a …
- According to Scientists, This is The Most Relaxing Tune Ever Recorded
This eight minute relaxing tune is a beautiful combination of arranged harmonies, rhythms and bass lines and thus helps to …
- This Is What Happens When An Animal Shelter Partners With An Elderly Care Facility
Pets give love and companionship that can turn someone’s life around. For elderly people who don’t get to see their …
- Controversial Stem Cell Therapy Restores Movement For Paralyzed Man
In the aftermath of a tragedy, Kristopher Boesen got lucky. In March 2016, shortly before his 21st birthday, Kris lost control …
- What Your Feet Can Reveal About Your Blood Pressure, Thyroid And Arthritis Risk
Did you know your feet can reveal almost anything you want to know about your overall health? In fact, there …
- Everything You Need To Know About Delayed Drowning And What To Look Out For!
Swimming is one of the greatest pleasures of the warmer months. For children, a swimming pool can be the source …
- Top 7 Most Prescribed Drugs And Their Natural Counterparts
We don’t have to live in a medicated world, but we certainly choose to. The crux of the matter is …
- If You Blow On Your Thumb, Here’s The Effect It Will Have On Your Body
Even though it’s been the object of science since the dawn of civilization, the human body still hides many mysteries. …
- Everything you Need to Know About Blood Clots
Clotting is a life-saving measure your body takes to prevent itself from bleeding out during an injury. Platelets and proteins …
- The Ultimate Detox Bath
We unknowingly put a lot of toxins in our bodies. Pollution, stress and other factors create this combination that makes …
- Green Marijuana-Infused Wine Is Now Being Sold In The U.S.
Wine never goes out of style. Whether it’s reinventing itself with different flavors, colors, packaging (champagne popsicles anyone?) and audiences …