Currently, breast cancer is the leading cause of death among women aged 35–54 years old (1). American men have a 43% chance of developing cancer in their lifetime. For women, it’s a 37% lifetime chance (2). So why is it important to detox your armpits? What is the link between armpits and breast cancer?
There is a lot of work going into diagnosing and curing breast cancer. However, no one’s really talking about what causes it.
Aluminum and Breast Cancer
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. It’s constantly absorbing nutrients from its surface.
Unfortunately, your skin is also soaking up cream, makeup and other beauty products.
This seems to be relatively harmless, until you find out what your everyday products are made of.
Here are just a few example of what lurks in store-bought deodorants and antiperspirants:
- Aluminum – causes breast cancer and Alzheimer’s disease
- Propylene glycol – an antifreeze agent
- Parabens – disrupt hormones
- Formaldehyde – is well-known carcinogenic substance
- Phthalates – yet another hormone disruptor
- Antibacterial substances – negatively affects the immune system and endocrine system
Aluminum salts are a popular ingredient in drugstore deodorants and antiperspirants. Recent studies have evaluated them as potentially carcinogenic. The Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry confirms that malignant breast tissue contained high concentrations of aluminum. Alarmingly, it’s also been found in human breast milk.
Aluminum is a strong neurotoxin. In the words of Dr. Chris Shaw, Neuroscientist and Professor at the University of British Columbia, aluminum “causes all kinds of unusual biochemical reactions in the body, including the brain.” (3). It’s also been linked to the onset Alzheimer’s disease and autism.
If you are a long-time user of antiperspirant or deodorant, read below. Detoxifying your armpits can be as easy as changing a few lifestyle habits.
How To Detox Your Armpits
1. Go To a Sauna
Sweat is your body’s way to get rid of toxins and cool down. Increasing the amount of time you sweat in a day will help you body detox. This is also an easy way to boost your immune system.
2. Drink Mineral Water
Drinking water helps the body flush out toxins and stay hydrated.
It’s been proven that drinking high silica content mineral water helps remove aluminum via urine (4). This is can be purchased online or at your local health food store.
3. Change Your Deodorant
Most deodorants and antiperspirants contain not only aluminum, but many other toxic chemicals. Make sure to read the label on your personal care products to avoid these. Beware; even “organic” or “natural” products can contain harmful components.
To be on the safe side, make your own by following with this DIY deodorant recipe.
You can also fight underarm odor thanks to these tips.
DIY Armpit Detox Recipe
To reverse the effects on long-term deodorant use, try this homemade armpit detox. It will also help control the bacteria that causes body odor.
- 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay
- 3 drops of rosemary essential oil (optional)
- 5 drops of cilantro essential oil (optional)
- Mix apple cider vinegar and clay in a large bowl.
- Add essential oils and mix until smooth. (you can skip this step if you don’t have any essential oils on hand)
- To use, spread a thin layer on your armpits and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off using a damp cloth and repeat daily for a week.
- 10 Unusual Ways To Boost Brain Power
Your brain is the control centre of your body. In order to keep your mind strong, you need to stretch …
- DIY Lip Scrub: 26 Easy Ways To Say Goodbye To Chapped Lips
What if it was ridiculously easy to make a DIY lip scrub at home and not worry about artificial chemicals? Cracked …
- You Will Be Shocked by What Caused This Child’s Massive Tooth Decay!
For many families around the world, a trip to the dentist is a luxury they can’t afford. This has led …
- Socially Conscious Vegan Condoms are The New Hotness
How to do what comes naturally with a natural contraceptive and help others avoid life-threatening disease all at the same …
- Why It Pays (For Your Health) To Be Optimistic
In life there are two types of people: those who view the glass as half full, and those who see …
- Nurse Reveals The Top 5 Regrets People Make on Their Deathbed
(originally written by Bronnie Ware) For many years I worked in palliative care. My patients were those who had gone …
- 6 Hidden Health Benefits of Sleeping On Your Left Side That You’ve NEVER Heard About
While technological advances have made our lives easier, it’s increasingly obvious that these conveniences are also making us increasingly unhealthy. …
- 5 Ways to Stop Headaches Without Popping a Pill
Headaches, no matter how common they may seem, should be taken seriously and addressed immediately. This debilitating condition, often described …
- If Your Hair is Falling Out or You’re Cold and Tired All the Time – Check Your Iron Like THIS Immediately
Chronic fatigue can have multiple causes, including lack of exercise, dehydration and poor sleep quality. One of the lesser-known causes …
- How Toxic Is Your Neighborhood’s Air? This Map Knows for Sure.
Technology and humans have a two-way action/reaction relationship. Sometimes technological capacity influences our lives and sometimes we endeavor to devise means …
- 6 Ways To Use Banana Peels To Fight Acne Naturally
People will go to great lengths to get good skin, often spending hundreds of dollars on skin products and dermatology …
- 11 Brilliant Ways To Reuse Tea Bags Before Throwing Them Out!
There’s nothing like a nice cup of tea to help you relax after a long day of work. When it comes …
- Add 1 Tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar To Your Next Bath To Quickly Detox Your Body
Everyone enjoys a good bath after a long day’s work. It’s relaxing and helps relieve tension throughout the whole body. Taking …
- 6 Relaxation Techniques To Help You Sleep Better at Night
It can happen to anyone, no matter how tired you may be: insomnia. It can be caused by any of …
- Colorado Is Using $3 Million From Marijuana Tax To Provide Food And Housing For The Homeless
Legalizing marijuana is not a new issue by any means. And for the most part, it has been, and will …