2. Drink Mineral Water
Drinking water helps the body flush out toxins and stay hydrated.
It’s been proven that drinking high silica content mineral water helps remove aluminum via urine (4). This is can be purchased online or at your local health food store.
3. Change Your Deodorant
Most deodorants and antiperspirants contain not only aluminum, but many other toxic chemicals. Make sure to read the label on your personal care products to avoid these. Beware; even “organic” or “natural” products can contain harmful components.
To be on the safe side, make your own by following with this DIY deodorant recipe.
You can also fight underarm odor thanks to these tips.
DIY Armpit Detox Recipe
To reverse the effects on long-term deodorant use, try this homemade armpit detox. It will also help control the bacteria that causes body odor.
- 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay
- 3 drops of rosemary essential oil (optional)
- 5 drops of cilantro essential oil (optional)
- Mix apple cider vinegar and clay in a large bowl.
- Add essential oils and mix until smooth. (you can skip this step if you don’t have any essential oils on hand)
- To use, spread a thin layer on your armpits and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off using a damp cloth and repeat daily for a week.