Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States(1). The three most common types of skin cancer are caused by exposure to ultraviolet light. However, cancer research groups have been educating the masses about the importance of generously applying and reapplying sunscreen to protect their skin without mentioning the devastating effects that sunscreen can have our health(2).
The skin is the largest organ in the human body. It’s meant to protect the rest of the body from external threat. But the skin isn’t some kind of bullet-proof vest: it’s constantly absorbing and releasing things from and to the outside. This includes things like sunscreen. In fact, sunscreen is detected within the bloodstream five minutes after it’s been applied. Hours later, it can be detected in the liver, kidneys, spleen, testicles and brain.
The problem is that sunscreen is very toxic. It directly interferes with hormones levels because chemicals found in sunscreen act as synthetic oestrogen(2). Too much oestrogen negatively impacts men by decreasing their sperm production and the quality of their sperm.
A surplus of oestrogen also negatively impacts women. When the balance between oestrogen and progesterone is lost, women can experience a decreased sex drive and the loss of their body’s ability to build strong bones and regulate blood sugar levels. Progesterone also helps protect women against fibrocystic breasts and breast and uterine cancer.
Sunscreen’s most active ingredient is called Titanium Dioxide. It can also be found in cosmetics, lotions and is even used in food to preserve color. Titanium Dioxide is said to protect against all UVB rays and some UVA. Unfortunately, this protection is loss when the sun actually comes into contact with it. Worse yet, Titanium Dioxide has been proven to cause cell death.
That’s why it’s very important to read the labels on anything you put onto your skin or into your mouth. While there are natural alternatives to sunscreen in the market, we recommend that you try to make your own organic non-toxic sunscreen by following the recipe bellow(3). You can also protect your skin by wearing protective clothing and limiting your exposure to the sun between 10am-4pm.
Herbal Sunscreen (40spf)
- 2 tbs organic coconut oil
- 1 tbs organic shea butter
- 1 tbs organic avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp organic sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp organic aloe vera gel
- 30 drops organic carrot seed oil
- Melt the coconut oil and shea butter au bain marie by putting the oils in a bowl that is placed in a pan of hot water.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the oil into a clean jar and let the mixture cool down.
- WikiLeaks: Alcohol Industry Bribed Congress To Denounce Cannabis
Recreational cannabis use is on its way to becoming as widespread as alcohol. Top alcohol companies aren’t pleased with the …
- Optimize Your Health with This Infographic
A healthy lifestyle emerges from countless small choices that you make throughout the day. Looking for new ideas? Check out …
- Top 10 Toxins Lurking In Your Home
Most of us like to think of our homes as safe places, but there are countless toxins lurking unsuspected in …
- 7 Simple Remedies That Make Your Home Bug-Free Without Chemical
No matter how clean you keep your home, there’s no way to fully avoid getting the odd pest in your …
- 6 Home Remedies For Nasal Congestion That Will Give You Instant Relief
There’s nothing more annoying than not being able to breathe properly. People living with seasonal allergies know this all to …
- The Biggest Loser TV Show Destroys Participants’ Metabolisms
The most important weight loss tip? Don’t try what you see on television. There is a big problem with the …
- What Kind of Plastic Are You Eating Out of?
There’s been a lot of talk recently about BPA and other ingredients in plastics that can have a negative effect …
- 3 Simple Ways to Shield Yourself from Computer and Cell Phone Radiation
With cell phones and computers becoming increasingly ubiquitous in society, many people are beginning to ponder the possibly negative effects …
- The Oncologist Told Her She Only Had 6 months Left to Live. Boy, Did She Prove Her Wrong!
An Australian woman in her mid-50s posted a YouTube video explaining how she eliminated her stage IV lung cancer with …
- Video LITERALLY Shows You What Happens to Your Lungs When You Smoke…And It’s Not Pretty!
In light of the many negative effects of smoking and health issues revolving around cigarettes, various gruesome ad campaigns have …
- If You Notice This Plant Growing Nearby, Whatever You Do Don’t Touch It!
This is probably something that should be taught in school but isn’t. The plant is called “giant hogweed” and while …
- Ice in 6 out of 10 Restaurants has More Bacteria Than Water From Toilets
A survey of ice served in ten British fast food restaurants found that at six of them, there were more …
- Monsanto’s Glyphosate Poisoning Lake Erie, Causing Toxic Algae Blooms Responsible For Killing Fish
Mention the name “Monsanto” and you are sure to get a rise from almost everyone these days. This behemoth biotech …
- Black Pepper And Turmeric – The Combination That Could Save Lives
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diseases that can affect both men and women. Although breast cancer itself …
- Lemon-Soda Drink: A Cyanide to Cancer Cells. Here’s How to Make It With 2 Simple Ingredients
You undoubtedly learned about pH levels in high school. But whether something is alkaline or acidic doesn’t just pertain to …