Vaseline is a petroleum-based jelly that’s basically a byproduct of the oil industry.
But did you know that prolonged use of petroleum jelly not only disrupts the healthy bacteria living on your skin but also your body’s ability to expel toxins through its pores.
Many studies reported by Chemtox show that; “Petroleum based chemicals are being found to cause significant attritional effects to the nervous system and immune system after prolonged exposure. Illnesses identified in the medical research include adult and child cancers, numerous neurological disorders, immune system weakening, autoimmune disorders, asthma, allergies, infertility, miscarriage, and child behavior disorders including learning disabilities, mental retardation, hyperactivity and ADD (attention deficit disorders).”
Additional research done by the EWG adds that, “Many of the cosmetic industry’s chemical safety assessments reveal that common petroleum-based cosmetic ingredients can be contaminated with a cancer-causing impurity called 1,4-dioxane.”
It’s Banned In Europe
The European Union has banned many petroleum jelly products because experts are concerned they could be linked to cancer.
Women with breast cancer have twice the levels of hydrocarbons (substances found in petroleum jelly) in their breasts than women who haven’t had breast cancer.
Steer clear of any products that list petroleum jelly on the ingredient list.
How To Make Your Own Non-Petroleum Jelly
If you’re looking for an alternative to vaseline, here’s a simple recipe you can try.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- optional: tea tree or peppermint essential oil
- Fill a sauce pan with water and add a glass of bowl in the middle.
- Turn stove low to medium heat.
- Add coconut oil and wax and allow ingredients to melt completely.
- Remove from heat and add olive oil.
- Whisk until all ingredients are well combined. (add a few drops of essential oil if you wish to use any)
- Whisk until mixture is creamy but still pourable.
- Pour into a glass jar or any container you want to use and enjoy!
This homemade non-petroleum jelly will keep fresh on the counter for up to a year.
- Massage THIS Point On Your Leg To Stop Stress And Sleep Better At Night
Chinese traditional medicine has long documented the health benefits of various natural remedies. Some of them have been so effective …
- How to Measure and Protect Your Hearing
Did you know that 1 in 5 people in the U.S. suffer from hearing loss, and that 80% of those …
- Science Proves Himalayan Salt Lamps Fight Anxiety and Depression
If you’ve already made the switch to Himalayan salt in the kitchen, why not take it a step further? Large …
- A Tablespoon of This Household Ingredient Is All You Need To Remove Bacteria From Your Food
There are many tips and tricks you need to know to prepare clean, healthy food. Whether you purchase conventional or …
- Over 2,000 Studies Confirm TOXIC Effects of EMF From Cell Phones and Household Appliances
All electrical appliances and wiring in your home emit EMFs: Electrical Magnetic Fields. Electromagnetic Radiation is a form of energy …
- 9 States Awaiting Marijuana Legislation in 2014
There are currently 21 states where marijuana is now legal, as of late March when Utah passed a bill to …
- Destroy Dry, Itchy, Winter Skin With The Remedies in Your Kitchen
Reduced humidity combined with colder temperatures tends to wreak havoc on your skin. Many suffer with dry, scaly, itchy skin …
- Fish Oils Save Young Accident Victims from Permanent Brain Damage
Every once in a great while, mainstream doctors look away from their “standard of care” medical bags and dare to …
- Fake Cancer Charities Busted For Defrauding $187 Million In Donations From Americans
Most people who give to charities never question the true impact of their good deed. After all, charities are in …
- 4 Lifestyle Changes That Can Ward Off Heart Disease and Reduce Your Risk of Early Death by 80%
Information from the John Hopkins Hospital may be prompting some individuals to re-evaluate lifestyle factors that could put them at …
- Homemade Ginger Oil To Replace Pain Pills, Cough Syrup, Antibiotics And More!
It’s almost impossible to list all the benefits and uses of ginger. This highly medicinal rhizome is a potent anti-inflammatory, …
- 14 Nutrient-Packed Low Calorie Foods To Boost Your Weight Loss
Counting your daily calorie intake has long been the golden standard of weight loss and maintenance. But recognizing low calorie …
- This Little-Known Fact Is The Real Reason Why Wheat Is Toxic (And It’s NOT The Gluten…)
Wheat is quickly becoming a vicious allergen. You probably know someone who’s gluten intolerant, seeing as it’s one of the …
- This Is What Your Farts Reveal About Your Health
Being gassy is never fun, especially when you’re surrounded by other people. Most people think that they fart more than …
- Add These Three Ingredients To Your Shampoo And Say Goodbye To Hair Loss Forever
We usual associate hair loss with men, but it can actually be a really big problem for women. In fact, …