You might not think much about it but your microbiome actually plays a role in your ability to lose weight and keep it off for the long-term.
The human body has as many bacteria as human cells (1). Taking this into account, some researchers have found that some bad bacteria are actually responsible for producing toxins that make you more prone to be insulin resistant.
In case you didn’t know, insulin resistance makes it very hard for your body to burn fat as energy.
In addition, an imbalance of gut bacteria can cause inflammation, contribute to diabetes and make it difficult to lose weight.
Fortunately, there are foods you can eat to ensure that you have more good bacteria in your body to help keep the bad ones under control.
And the best part is that gut bacteria respond quite fast to a change in diet.
Simply eating the types of food that healthy gut bacteria thrive and multiply on can help you manage your weight in no time!
Just add one to three servings a day of these prebiotic and/or probiotic foods. Eating these will not only help you lose weight but it’ll also help prevent sugar cravings.
1. Prebiotic Foods For Weight Loss:
- Raw dandelion greens
- Raw or cooked onion
- Raw garlic
- Raw leeks
- Raw asparagus
2. Probiotic Foods For Weight Loss:
- Plain yogurt (without any added sugar)
- Cheese made from raw milk
- Cultured veggies (refrigerated, nonpasteurized)
- Kimchi (spicy Korean condiment)
- Kombucha (effervescent cultured drink)
- Bone broth
The bottom line is that the healthier your gut bacteria, the easier it’ll be for you to lose weight.
There’s a reason why lean people have more gut bacteria and a more diverse microbiome than those who are overweight or obese. (2)
- Figs Are One of The Most Alkaline Fruits Available. Alkalize Your Body to Prevent Cancer!
Fig trees date back as far as Neolithic times and were known to exist circa 9400–9200 BC in the Jordan Valley. …
- 9 Reasons Why Black Seed Is ‘The Remedy For Everything But Death’
Black cumin, or black seeds, are known by many names, and have just as many uses as they do monikers. …
- 7 Beautiful Things Start To Happen To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Diet Sodas For Good
It’s a common misconception that diet soda is healthier than regular soda – but the reality is that it may …
- Coconut Oil Helps Parkinson’s Patient Regain Quality of Life
Imagine for a moment that you are a 74-year-old man diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, and you are quickly losing your …
- Study Reveals what Really Makes up Fast Food Chicken Nuggets
Recently, a study made waves when it revealed fast food chicken nuggets are a whole lot less chicken meat and …
- 6-Ingredient Lemon-Ginger Liver Detox Juice to Stop Your Body From STORING Toxins in FAT
If you’re familiar with healthy food and recent trends, then you’ve probably already tried beet and carrot juice. Although it …
- This Infographic Highlights The Main Health Benefit and Caloric Content of 11 Different Types of Nuts
Consuming 1.5 ounces of unseasoned nuts daily as part of a healthy diet may reduce the risk of heart disease. …
- This 3-Ingredient Remedy Helps Cure Clogged Arteries, Fight Infections And Colds
A naturally prepared medicine from Germany is made up of powerful healing ingredients which include ginger, lemon, garlic and water. The three main …
- Cooking With Cherries: 5 Recipes
Cherries are a real superfruit, chock-full of antioxidants and anthocyanins, which are known to help reduce risks of heart disease …
- Got Sweetened Milk? Harvard Scientist Doesn’t Recommend It
Vegans may have had it right all along; while raw, organic milk offers numerous health benefits, a Harvard researcher and …
- Researchers Discover Simple Compound in Olive Oil That Kills Cancer Cells in 30 Minutes
A study published in the journal Molecular & Cellular Oncology has revealed compelling evidence that a novel approach to cancer …
- Are You Really Eating Natural Foods, Probably Not.
A typical trip down the aisle of your favorite grocery store greets you with labels proclaiming “All Natural”, “100% Natural”, …
- Using Avocados for Weight Loss
A long disproven, yet still persistent dietary fallacy is the simplistic belief that we get fat just by eating fat. The …
- 7 Breakfast Foods You Should Avoid
Want to get off to a good start in the morning? Eating breakfast is always a fantastic way to get …
- Watercress Is The Healthiest Vegetable? Carrot Is #26? Here’s A Chart To Memorize.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta doesn’t just have the morbid job of monitoring and managing negative health …