You might not think much about it but your microbiome actually plays a role in your ability to lose weight and keep it off for the long-term.
The human body has as many bacteria as human cells (1). Taking this into account, some researchers have found that some bad bacteria are actually responsible for producing toxins that make you more prone to be insulin resistant.
In case you didn’t know, insulin resistance makes it very hard for your body to burn fat as energy.
In addition, an imbalance of gut bacteria can cause inflammation, contribute to diabetes and make it difficult to lose weight.
Fortunately, there are foods you can eat to ensure that you have more good bacteria in your body to help keep the bad ones under control.
And the best part is that gut bacteria respond quite fast to a change in diet.
Simply eating the types of food that healthy gut bacteria thrive and multiply on can help you manage your weight in no time!
Just add one to three servings a day of these prebiotic and/or probiotic foods. Eating these will not only help you lose weight but it’ll also help prevent sugar cravings.
1. Prebiotic Foods For Weight Loss:
- Raw dandelion greens
- Raw or cooked onion
- Raw garlic
- Raw leeks
- Raw asparagus
2. Probiotic Foods For Weight Loss:
- Plain yogurt (without any added sugar)
- Cheese made from raw milk
- Cultured veggies (refrigerated, nonpasteurized)
- Kimchi (spicy Korean condiment)
- Kombucha (effervescent cultured drink)
- Bone broth
The bottom line is that the healthier your gut bacteria, the easier it’ll be for you to lose weight.
There’s a reason why lean people have more gut bacteria and a more diverse microbiome than those who are overweight or obese. (2)
- Stop Throwing Your Watermelon Seeds Away! Use This Recipe Instead To Make a Healthy Drink.
Watermelon gets a bad rap as being a food relatively low in nutrients; most people assume it’s mostly sugar and …
- Getting Enough Vitamins From Your Diet Can Be Tough
So long as you’re eating a healthy, balanced diet, you’re getting all the vitamins and nutrients that you need – …
- 17 Plant-Based Foods To Keep Your Body And Mind Energized
Being healthy can be fun. There are so many foods to choose from to get those essential nutrients. Read on for a list of …
- The Best Fish to Eat and the Most Dangerous. Avoid These 5 Types Of Fish!
Fish can be an excellent addition to a healthy diet, since many types are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and …
- Are Bananas As Bad For You As Cookies?
Have you ever noticed how some foods seem to fill you up for hours and others leave you feeling even …
- Concerning Study: Commonly Used Sweetener is More Toxic than Sugar and Reduces Lifespan
It’s used in almost everything you eat. If you want to avoid it, only eat REAL food and skip the processed junk. The …
- Cabbage: Natural Medicine For Cancer, Diabetes And More
When you think of cabbage, you likely think of wonderful summer picnics with grandma’s special coleslaw recipe or a nice …
- 5 Deadly Reasons to Stop Eating High Fructose Corn Syrup
There is on-going debate about the nutritional impact of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). The Corn Refiner’s Association has published …
- Foods That You Should Never Mix With Popular Supplements
Supplements are billed as super-healthy, but did you know that some of them have harmful interactions with certain types of …
- Eat Celery Regularly For a Healthier Digestive System And Lower Blood Sugar Levels
Celery is a common supermarket food, and is also relatively inexpensive even when buying the organic variety that is much …
- She Cuts The Strawberry — But NOT All The Way. The End Result? BEAUTIFUL!
Looking to add a touch of elegance to your next dinner party or simply trying to eat healthy? Try delighting …
- The Many Dangers of Artificial Food Coloring
Beet juice concentrate colour, turmeric extract colour – these are just 2 of the many natural food dye options available …
- 10 Foods That Act as Appetite Suppressants
#1 Beans These little legumes contain a substance called cholecystokinin, a digestive hormone that acts as a natural appetite suppressant. …
- Aspartame Rebranded as a ‘Natural Sweetener’ – AminoSweet
Sometimes rebranding is done to refresh the image of a product to appeal to a wider audience. Sometimes it’s to …
- Tomato Extract: Better And Safer Blood Thinner Than Aspirin
You have no doubt heard that Aspirin can save your life if you are experiencing a heart attack or stroke. …