Do you drink coffee every morning? If yes, the following coffee creamer recipe is definitely something you’ll want to try (if you like creamer). This coffee creamer will not only make your coffee healthier but it’ll also help boost your metabolism.
How to Make Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer
The ratios for this recipe can be adjusted to your taste. So, if you don’t like your coffee sweet, you cut back or skip the honey.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. ceylon cinnamon powder
- optional: 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until they’re well combined.
- Store the coffee creamer mixture in a glass jar.
How to Use Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer
Brew your favorite cup of coffee. Add 1-2 tbsp. of coconut oil coffee creamer to your coffee while it’s still hot. Then, blend the coffee and creamer on high for approximately 5 seconds. And you’re done!
How It Works
What makes coconut oil so special is because it contains medium-chain fatty acids, instead of long-chain fatty acids.
Medium chain fatty acids upon entering your body are quickly used for energy, which gives your metabolism a helpful boost (1).
In fact, one study has shown that eating 1 to 2 tablespoons of medium chain fats, such as coconut oil per day increased energy expenditure by 5% — this totals to 120 calories per day for an average person (2).
- 17 Early Warning Signs of Cancer Most of Us Overlook Because They’re So Common
Early detection is vital when it comes to the successful treatment of cancer, especially when it comes to particularly aggressive …
- Dangerous Chemicals Lurking In Milk Cartons And Pizza Box Finally Get Banned By The FDA
Have you ever wondered how they made milk cartons and pizza boxes resistant to oil and water? While some natural …
- The Product That Should Be Hydrating Your Chapped Lips Could Be Poisoning You
Having dry lips is one of the most annoying things that seems to happen all the time. The more your …
- Johnson & Johnson To Pay $72M For Ovarian Cancer Death Linked To Talcum Powder
“Just a sprinkle a day helps keep odor away.” That was the slogan used by Johnson & Johnson to market …
- E-Cigarettes Are 95% Less Harmful Than Regular Cigarettes But They Still Contain Harmful Carcinogens
E-cigarettes, while less toxic than they’re non-electronic counterparts, are not nearly as harmless as advertised. A recent Centers for Disease …
- Listening To This Before Bed Will Make Your Brain Tingle And Guarantee a Good Night’s Sleep
One of the most relaxing memories of childhood is having your parents whisper soothing lullabies to ease you into sleep. …
- Winter Blues Getting The Best of You? Here’s Why
Researchers say Vitamin D deficiency could be partly responsible for the winter blues. According to the IBTimes, the findings, based …
- How to Grow an Endless Supply of Lemons From Seed (This Will Last You a Lifetime)
Learning how to grow a lemon tree from seed is surprisingly rewarding and easy. While lemon trees tend to flourish outdoors year-round in …
- 5 Weird Reasons Not To Smoke
More and more studies are showing that smoking cigarettes is detrimental to your health. From bad breath to cancer to …
- Take 1 Tbsp Of Apple Cider Vinegar For 60 Days To Eliminate Acid Reflux And Candida
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a popular superfood with amazing health benefits. Those of you who drink this everyday know firsthand how helpful …
- The Ultimate Detox Bath
We unknowingly put a lot of toxins in our bodies. Pollution, stress and other factors create this combination that makes …
- The Surprising Reason Why Your Knees Hurt More During Winter. (It’s Not Because of The Cold)
If you are experiencing knee pain at this time of year, the solution may be more sunshine, according to new …
- Why You Should NEVER Buy Or Drink This Type of Milk Ever Again
Did you know that up until recently, the soybean was not even considered fit to eat? Although it has been …
- This Is How Your Body Tries To Warn You That You’re Eating Too Much Salt
Sodium is essential to human health. The mineral helps to regulate fluids, maintain nerve transmissions and stimulate muscle contractions. But …
- Solar Panel Farm Grows 17,000 Tons Of Food Without Soil, Pesticides, Fossil Fuels Or Groundwater
Farming is probably the world’s oldest profession and something that is obviously universal to every culture and race in the …