Do you drink coffee every morning? If yes, the following coffee creamer recipe is definitely something you’ll want to try (if you like creamer). This coffee creamer will not only make your coffee healthier but it’ll also help boost your metabolism.
How to Make Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer
The ratios for this recipe can be adjusted to your taste. So, if you don’t like your coffee sweet, you cut back or skip the honey.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. ceylon cinnamon powder
- optional: 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until they’re well combined.
- Store the coffee creamer mixture in a glass jar.
How to Use Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer
Brew your favorite cup of coffee. Add 1-2 tbsp. of coconut oil coffee creamer to your coffee while it’s still hot. Then, blend the coffee and creamer on high for approximately 5 seconds. And you’re done!
How It Works
What makes coconut oil so special is because it contains medium-chain fatty acids, instead of long-chain fatty acids.
Medium chain fatty acids upon entering your body are quickly used for energy, which gives your metabolism a helpful boost (1).
In fact, one study has shown that eating 1 to 2 tablespoons of medium chain fats, such as coconut oil per day increased energy expenditure by 5% — this totals to 120 calories per day for an average person (2).
- 21 Weird Reasons for Rapid Weight Gain Most People Never Consider
When most people experience rapid weight gain, they tend to look at external factors. Maybe someone is injured and unable …
- Unhealthy Gut Flora Increases Your Risk of Deadly Diseases such as Stroke and Diabetes
Researchers from Georgia State University have used improved technological approaches to further demonstrate the role that healthy gut flora plays …
- 11 Ways Dehydration Could Be Making You Fat And Sick
The average human body is around 70% water. By not drinking enough water we are causing a whole raft of …
- Fatigue, Vitamin Deficiencies, and Diabetes: 7 Health Problems that Your Hands are Warning You About
The eyes may be the windows to the soul but your hands may be the windows to your blood and …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- The 5-Minute Yoga Routine That Can Help Restore Thyroid Levels
Yoga entails more than black stretchy pants and planks. It’s an Eastern practice that goes back thousands of years, an …
- The Real Truth: Antidepressants Actually Deplete These 3 Crucial Nutrients for the Brain
Antidepressants are one of the most prescribed medications out there. But how much do you know about the side effects …
- Sleepless Children Are Aging Faster At A Cellular Level
The importance of sleep is often overlooked but it really can’t be over-emphasized. While you sleep, much of your body …
- Here’s The Homemade Cannabis Oil Recipe That People Are Using as a Chemo Alternative
People have been increasingly becoming aware of the anti-cancer benefits of cannabis over the last few years. Many studies done …
- How To Grow Aloe Vera At Home (And Health Benefits)
Aloe Vera is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. The plant has numerous healing properties …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 10 High-Protein Vegetables You Need to Start Eating Today
Protein is the building blocks of muscles as well as bone, skin, hair, and nearly every other part of your …
- 7 Minutes. No Equipment. One Science-Backed Core Workout That Works
Working out is difficult for most people to do on a regular basis. The main issue that arises is making …
- The Many Benefits of Coriander Seed Oil and How to Use It
Coriander is a savory spice used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It is the seed of the cilantro …
- 4 Diet Mistakes You’re Making that Only Create More Belly Fat
Many people (especially men) find that they accumulate abdominal fat that’s very hard to get rid of. This is especially …