Celery is a common supermarket food, and is also relatively inexpensive even when buying the organic variety that is much better for your health as it is free of chemical pesticides.
Superfoods are Hiding Everywhere
Perhaps far too much attention has been given lately to other types of superfoods on the market that can burn a real big hole in your pocket when even just buying a small amount, and has overshadowed the humble celery that may hold the solution to your digestive problems. Celery has been found to improve liver health by helping to detoxify it in one recent study. And when you have a healthy liver you strengthen your whole digestive system as the liver is a part of this system.
Eat Fibre Rich Celery for Great Digestion & Cancer Prevention
Another way celery offers you a solution for poor digestive function is by being rich in fibre. Fibre is vital for great digestive health as it helps to keep you regular and can even help to protect you again colorectal cancer.
The recommended amount of fibre an adult should be getting daily in their diet is 18 grams. When it comes to fibre, both insoluble and soluble types are considered beneficial to your health.
Fibre rich foods like celery can also slow down the absorption rate of carbohydrates in your blood which can help to keep your blood sugar levels steady and prevent serious diseases like diabetes.
Ways to Increase Your Celery Consumption
There are many ways to use the crunchy and water packed vegetable that is celery. Here are some of the best ways to use celery in your diet to help improve your digestive health:
- Juicing – Celery juice is rich in essential vitamins and minerals like and juicing can help to flush out toxins and increase the production of white blood cells necessary for healthy immune function.
- Soups – Celery mixed with onion and garlic makes for an excellent soup base before adding your other veggies, cook these ingredients in a little coconut oil and brown them off before resuming with your other vegetables.
- Salads – Finely chopped celery gives an even better crunch to any salad. Use it last and sprinkle on top with some walnuts for extra protein and deeper flavour.
Good Bowel Care Gives a Boost to Whole Body Health
The state of the bowels gives us an indication to how the rest of the body is functioning and feeling. For the most part many of us are not aware that as we mindlessly shove food down our throats, day in day out, our body has to do its best to break these down and this requires a lot of energy.
If we are putting food in that is a constant challenge to digest, like cookies and crisps, then our bodies will become tired and weary.
So be kind to your digestive system by putting into it foods it was designed to eat. These are foods that are found in nature, not foods that have been made by a machine in a factory.[mks_toggle title=”sources” state=”close “]
- Natural Compound in Beets Helps Fight Cancer, Study Finds
Beets are good for you – an excellent source of nutrition, high in fiber and low in calories, they make …
- 3-Ingredient Matcha Lemonade Effectively Burns Stomach Fat And Alkalizes The Body
What’s better than a sip of lemonade to quench your thirst? Ice tea maybe? With all the added sugar in …
- 4 Surprising Health Benefits of Yogurt
Yogurt, a dairy product with consistency similar to sour cream, is made from the natural fermentation of milk by bacteria. …
- Top 5 Reasons Why Avoiding Arugula Is a Bad Idea
Arugula is a leafy green vegetable used in salads, sandwiches, and other cold recipes, as well as pastas and pizzas …
- This is How Green Tea Promises To Boost Brain Power (It’s Totally Unexpected!)
There’s nothing like a nice cup of green tea to soothe the mind and revitalize the spirit. Long considered a …
- 5 Superfoods That Can Help Your Sore Throat
We all know what that little tickle in the back means when it starts, or when you feel like you …
- Follow The MIND Diet And Eat These 10 Foods To Make Your Brain Almost a Decade Younger
How far would you go to keep your mind intact? Many studies show that there may be a link between what …
- 5 Foods That Detox Heavy Metals + Tonic Recipe
In today’s toxic world, we absorb, inhale, and ingest chemicals and heavy metals on a daily basis. Bad bacteria and …
- How To Make a Hydrating Watermelon Slushie
Tired of eating ice cream to keep cold? You probably never thought you could get sick of such a delicious …
- Eating Raw Garlic Twice a Week Reduces Cancer Risk by 44 Percent, Study Finds
Garlic is not only a savory spice that flavors Italian food, it has been used to promote health all over …
- Enjoy Artichoke Season with These Recipes
Artichokes are, perhaps surprisingly, very high in antioxidants, and also contain plenty of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Most readily available …
- This Is How Much Fruit Juice Children Should Be Drinking According To Their Age
Not all fruit juice is created equal. In terms of sugar and calories, store-bought juice is actually quite similar to …
- 7 Surprising Foods to Help You Sleep Better at Night
According to the CDC, sleep deficits are a national epidemic – not getting enough sleep is associated strongly with car …
- Slim Down With These 7 “FATTY” Foods
Can you really eat your way to good health? Well, maybe not exactly. But you should feel encouraged to know …
- The 5 Most Prominent Minerals In The Body and Their Use
Health conscious people often talk about getting enough vitamins and minerals, but do you know which minerals your body requires …