Celery is a common supermarket food, and is also relatively inexpensive even when buying the organic variety that is much better for your health as it is free of chemical pesticides.
Superfoods are Hiding Everywhere
Perhaps far too much attention has been given lately to other types of superfoods on the market that can burn a real big hole in your pocket when even just buying a small amount, and has overshadowed the humble celery that may hold the solution to your digestive problems. Celery has been found to improve liver health by helping to detoxify it in one recent study. And when you have a healthy liver you strengthen your whole digestive system as the liver is a part of this system.
Eat Fibre Rich Celery for Great Digestion & Cancer Prevention
Another way celery offers you a solution for poor digestive function is by being rich in fibre. Fibre is vital for great digestive health as it helps to keep you regular and can even help to protect you again colorectal cancer.
The recommended amount of fibre an adult should be getting daily in their diet is 18 grams. When it comes to fibre, both insoluble and soluble types are considered beneficial to your health.
Fibre rich foods like celery can also slow down the absorption rate of carbohydrates in your blood which can help to keep your blood sugar levels steady and prevent serious diseases like diabetes.
Ways to Increase Your Celery Consumption
There are many ways to use the crunchy and water packed vegetable that is celery. Here are some of the best ways to use celery in your diet to help improve your digestive health:
- Juicing – Celery juice is rich in essential vitamins and minerals like and juicing can help to flush out toxins and increase the production of white blood cells necessary for healthy immune function.
- Soups – Celery mixed with onion and garlic makes for an excellent soup base before adding your other veggies, cook these ingredients in a little coconut oil and brown them off before resuming with your other vegetables.
- Salads – Finely chopped celery gives an even better crunch to any salad. Use it last and sprinkle on top with some walnuts for extra protein and deeper flavour.
Good Bowel Care Gives a Boost to Whole Body Health
The state of the bowels gives us an indication to how the rest of the body is functioning and feeling. For the most part many of us are not aware that as we mindlessly shove food down our throats, day in day out, our body has to do its best to break these down and this requires a lot of energy.
If we are putting food in that is a constant challenge to digest, like cookies and crisps, then our bodies will become tired and weary.
So be kind to your digestive system by putting into it foods it was designed to eat. These are foods that are found in nature, not foods that have been made by a machine in a factory.[mks_toggle title=”sources” state=”close “]
- Bacteria That Causes Tooth Decay, Acne, Tuberculosis and Pneumonia Can Be Killed By This One Seed
Gram positive bacteria, which cause tooth decay, acne, tuberculosis, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Francisella tularensis, and leprosy are all killed by anacardic …
- You Can Help Your Thyroid by Temporarily Reducing or Avoiding Goitrogenic Foods
The thyroid is part of the endocrine system, a small gland shaped like a butterfly and located in the lower …
- 7 Undeniable Benefits of Drinking Coconut Water
Super low in calories, naturally fat-free and having more potassium than four bananas, coconut water is one of the best …
- Cinnamon Spiced Coffee with Coconut Milk for Long-lasting Energy WITHOUT the Crash!
Just when you thought your mid-morning cup o’ joe couldn’t get sexier…jazz it up with nutrition and flavor! Almost eighty-five …
- Eating Beans And Other Legumes Help Cut The Risk of 5 Deadly Cancers
If you’re worried about cancer, including beans in meal planning could go a long way to ease your mind. Research …
- Top 10 Ways to Stop Craving for Sugar, Salt, and Fats
According to a recent article in the New York Times, “Food Corporations Turn to Chefs in a Quest for Healthy Flavor,” …
- Why You Need to Try the Elimination Diet
Allergies, skin problems, digestive problems… what do all of these things have in common? A lot more than most people …
- The Dangerous Truth About Emergen-C Vitamin Packets (And How To Make Your Own Powder)
Emergen-C® is a vitamin C-based powder that you consume by mixing it into a glass of water. It’s heavily advertised …
- 20 Ingredients To Memorize and Avoid In ANY Food You Consume Because They’re Just That Bad!
Artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, emulsifiers, sweeteners have saturated the food supply for more than four decades. We are on the …
- Caffeine: Friend or Foe?
If you’re like many adults in the US, your morning starts off with a hot cup of coffee. You tell …
- Eat Your Greens with These 5 Spinach Recipes
As a leafy green, spinach provides a cornucopia of vitamins and minerals. Recently, researchers have also found that the nutritional …
- Enjoy the Outdoors With These Picnic-Ready Recipes
Lots of warm and sunny weather means packing up the picnic basket for an outdoor meal. Luckily, there are tons …
- How Many Eggs Can I Eat? Here’s What The Experts are Saying
There’s no need to worry about consuming egg yolks. Long thought to contribute to the body’s cholesterol levels, groups like …
- This Is What ¼ Teaspoon of Ginger Everyday Can Do For You And It’s Amazing!
It’s no secret that ginger packs a punch of flavor and is incredibly beneficial to your health. You’ve probably heard …
- 10 Best Foods To Eat To Stop Hair Loss
The sad fact of it is that once you leave your teen years behind, your hair is inevitably going to …