Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and although it protects you from harm every day, many people don’t take the time to protect it too.
According to Cancer.org, skin cancer is the most common form of cancer. If treated early enough, it actually has a high survival rate, but it often reappears in the same spot shortly after being removed.
Baking Soda As A Cancer Treatment
The daughter of a woman suffering from basal cell carcinoma on her scalp took matters into her own hands when the cancer regrew again after its third removal.
She insisted that her mother tried applying baking soda topically on the wound. Using coconut oil to help regenerate new cells, the mother-daughter duo began treating the area every day until it had fully healed about a month after the first treatment.
She also used an antibiotic ointment to prevent bacterial infection throughout the process. The mother’s doctor was shocked to see the results. You can read her full testimonial here.
How Does Baking Soda Kill Cancer?
Baking soda (bicarbonate) is naturally produced by your pancreas to neutralize stomach acid. It’s also produce in smaller quantities by the kidneys to protect themselves from acid damage.
In fact, baking soda is often used to treat acid reflux and stomach ulcers.
It’s so essential that not having enough of it in your body can lead to a shorter life. In fact, the Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology found that generally healthy older individuals with normal or high bicarbonate levels in the blood had a similar risk of dying during follow-up, but patients with low bicarbonate had a 24% increased risk of death compared to these groups (1).
As mentioned above, baking soda neutralizes acidity, which is important in treating cancer because tumors thrive in acidic environments (2,3).
Marty Pagel, Ph.D.& Vice Chair of Research and Program Development, Department of Medical Imaging, University of Arizona (4), explains:
“When we “feel the burn” during exercise, we are feeling the build-up of lactic acid in our muscles. When tumors are actively growing, they also produce large amounts of lactic acid, which causes the extracellular environment in tumors to become acidic.”
“Neutralizing the tumor acids with baking soda has been shown by others to reduce metastases and lengthen the lifespan of some mice that have cancer.”
In fact, in one study, it was discovered that tumor acidity can be buffered by systemic administration of an alkaline agent such as sodium bicarbonate (5). Tumor-bearing mice maintained on sodium bicarbonate drinking water exhibited fewer metastases and survived longer than untreated controls. Researchers predicted that this effect was due to inhibition of tumor invasion (6).
Baking soda can even improve the therapeutic effectiveness of certain chemo agents (7).
A Prostate Cancer Testimony
Vernon Johnston was told he had a stage III prostate cancer. His cancer metastasized into his hip bones and soon developed into a stage IV disease. Using baking soda and blackstrap molasses, he cured himself of both his cancers in just 12 days and has been healthy in the 5 years since.
How To Use Baking Soda For Skin Cancer
Here is the recipe used by the mother-daughter team mentioned above:
- 1 teaspoon of raw organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of aluminum-free baking soda
- A clean shot glass, to effectively stir the mixture within
- The handle of a small metal spoon
- Antibiotic ointment to apply at night
- Place the baking soda and coconut oil in a shot glass and stir it up with the handle of your spoon until it becomes a malleable paste.
- Use the handle to gently apply the mixture to the affected area but do not rub it in.
- Apply a shower cap to keep the mixture untouched for as long as possible.
- For the first week, apply 3 times a day, gently cleaning the area before each new application.
- Continue twice a day during the second week until the skin has patched up, following the treatment with an antibiotic cream at night.
- In the few weeks following the complete healing, apply the mixture once a day, placing a cotton pad soaked in apple cider vinegar over the paste. Cancer can originate from deep within the skin, so it’s important to continue the treatment to make sure the mixture penetrates to those affected layers.
If you’re interested in using this treatment, speak to your doctor or naturopath and make sure to seek their guidance throughout your journey. Remember that cancer is often cause by lifestyle habits, so you’ll need to make sure you get plenty of emotional rest, daily low-intensity exercise and healthy food to make a full recovery.