When acid reflux hits, the one thing you want is instant relief.
It is often referred to as heartburn because it feels like a burning sensation in the chest.
Eating spicy food or lying down shortly after a meal can open up the cardiac sphincter. This means that stomach acid is no longer held in the stomach and is free to travel up the oesophagus. This migration causes chest pain and bad digestion.
Chronic acid reflux wears down the oesophagus, where it can cause permanent damage.
There’s increasing evidence that drug store antacids may cause unwanted side effects (4). Fortunately, baking soda is a safe and easy alternative that can relieve and prevent symptoms.
Common Causes Of Acid Reflux:
- Eating spicy, acidic or greasy meals
- Obesity, which puts you at risk of developing a hernia that causes heartburn
- Being pregnant
- Taking medications (aspirin, iboprofen, ect…)
Why Use Baking Soda?
Baking soda, also called sodium bicarbonate, is an active ingredient in baked goods and household cleaning products.
Your pancreas actually produces sodium bicarbonate, which neutralizes excess acid in the digestive system. The lifestyles habits mentioned above can influence the proper function of this process.
Baking soda imitates body-produced sodium bicarbonate to heal your digestion system in a natural way.
- Mix ½ teaspoon in 8 ounces of cold water
- Drink after a meal to prevent acid reflux
- Take every two hours until relief of symptoms
Warning: Do not exceed 7 doses in a 24 hours period. Children and elderly adults should not exceed 3 doses for the same period.
Baking soda may not be safe for pregnant women, children under the age of 6 or anyone taking prescription medication. Be sure to talk to your doctor to find out if baking soda is a good alternative for you.
- This Easy DIY Homemade Ketchup Is So Good, You’ll Never Go Back To The Store-Bought Stuff!
Ah, ketchup. It’s the favorite condiment of toddlers and kids everywhere for hot dogs, chicken nugget, and french fries. But …
- 34 Gluten-Free Crockpot Recipes You’ll Love
Using a crockpot for cooking is a convenient way to prepare your own healthy meals. This is especially true for …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- This Spiced Coffee Recipe Is a Complete Meal All On Its Own And Will Last You a Week
Many people rely on caffeine to get them going in the morning, and while there’s nothing wrong with that, coffee …
- This Aloe Vera Smoothie Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory With Over 200 Active Enzymes!
Aloe vera has an intimidating appearance, but it is full of beneficial nutrients – containing at least 20 minerals, 12 …
- The Best Superfood Smoothie To Fight Fatigue And Inflammation
Even if you wake up feeling sleepy, you still have a chance to change the course of your day by …
- Slice Potatoes And Put Them In A Muffin Pan. They’ll Come Out Of The Oven A Family Favorite!
Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Easy to digest, potatoes have been a staple for people living in areas with …
- This Smoothie Is So Good You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World
Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet. …
- Drink This Homemade Syrup To Help Loosen Up Chest Phlegm and Expel It Out of Your Body
The worst part of a bad chest cold is probably the feeling of congestion you get in your chest, and …
- They Said Drinking Turmeric Tea Is Good For You…Here’s What They Didn’t Tell You
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on. …
- Creative and Better Ways to Eat Your ‘Trees’
A rich source of vitamins and minerals, fiber, flavonoids and cholesterol lowering nutrients makes broccoli quite a super food. However, sometimes …
- Here’s a Natural Pain Reliever Idea That Doesn’t Require Pills
Rosemary is a multifunctional herb which has been used for centuries in traditional medicines all around the world. It is …
- 3-Ingredient Recipe Makes For a Powerful Drink That Promises To Detoxify And Energize The Body!
This easy-to-make beverage is perfect for having over breakfast, and contains ingredients that will aid in digestion, boost your immune …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- Anti-inflammatory Honey Turmeric Tonic Recipe And 17 Other Master Tonics
If you often find yourself tired or sick, it may be time to start integrating a master tonic or two …