DIY Turmeric Antiseptic Ointment
Use this antiseptic cream for parasitic infections, as well as cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Before applying to your wound, test the cream on a small patch of skin a few inches away for at least one hour. This will make sure you don’t have any sensitivities or allergies to the ingredients in the cream.
- Turmeric powder (1 oz.)
- neem oil (2 oz.)
- coconut oil (1 oz.)
- freshly-squeezed lemon juice (1 oz.)
- tea tree oil (10 drops)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small glass bowl until you obtain an even consistency.
- Store in a small airtight glass or tin container with a lid.
- To use, flush the area with water, pat dry with a clean towel and apply to your wound.
- Leave it on for at least 20 minutes, and apply 3-4 times a day. Just a warning though: turmeric will stain clothes/towels.
Turmeric is a multipurpose spice with plenty of applications, not just topical ones.
To help promote healing inside and out, add turmeric to your meals and drink golden milk daily. Turmeric also goes hand-in-hand with coconut oil and black pepper (which increase bioavailability) so add these ingredients too.
This turmeric antiseptic ointment is a great solution to prevent and heal minor infections. However, it may not always be enough. Other natural antiseptics include Manuka honey, rubbing alcohol, garlic, witch hazel, and much more.
However, if you experience a persistent fever, redness and pain that progressively extends beyond your wound, or a burning sensation, visit your doctor. It also goes without saying that deep cuts and large rashes will require urgent medical attention.
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Don’t Need To Be Afraid of Cholesterol
Cholesterol may have a pretty bad reputation, but that’s mainly because people don’t understand it. Sure, high concentrations of bad …
- How To Grow Your Own Medicine Cabinet Indoors For Natural Antibiotics And Anti-Inflammatories
If your pantry is your medicine cabinet than your garden should be your pharmacy. Many people have never tended a …
- How to Limit Noise Induced Hearing Loss
With over 360 million people suffering from disabling hearing loss throughout the world, and 16% of that figure being attributed …
- Horrific Birth Defects in Washington State Has Experts Baffled
There is something seriously wrong in the fertile Yakima Valley region of Washington. A surging number of babies are being …
- 8 Risk Factors For Heart Disease That Are Often Ignored
The majority of individuals believe that high cholesterol can lead to heart disease, but there are many other factors at play …
- Monsanto’s Glyphosate Poisoning Lake Erie, Causing Toxic Algae Blooms Responsible For Killing Fish
Mention the name “Monsanto” and you are sure to get a rise from almost everyone these days. This behemoth biotech …
- This Powerful Anti-Drinking Ad From Finland Will Give You Goosebumps…(Don’t Watch This at Night)
This might be the most eerie anti-drinking ad you’ve ever seen. The ad comes from Finland where alcoholism rates are …
- The Hidden RADIOACTIVE Element In Cigarettes The Tobacco Industry DOESN’T Want You To Know
Everyone’s heard about the dangers of smoking, but very few people understand the mechanisms that make it so dangerous. Sure, …
- 8 Things You’re Doing That Drive Your Doctor Crazy
With the availability of information constant and instant, many people are taking their health into their own hands, doing research …
- Flu vs. Cold, and Why You Need to Know the Difference
Flu season is well underway, and if you haven’t contracted the flu yet this year, you should consider yourself lucky! …
- Important Facts You Should Know Before You Start Cracking Your Knuckles (Or Neck)
In an interview, chiropractor Dr. JaDean Anderson recommended that if you routinely crack your knuckles (neck, foot, elbow, etc.) that …
- This Child’s Autistic Symptoms Miraculously Disappear After His Doctor Does THIS
Reverse Autism Every parent wants their child to be born healthy, no matter what it takes. But some of the …
- 20 Fruits, Veggies And Herbs You Can Grow At Home For An ENDLESS Supply of Organic And Free Food
Although growing your own food may seem like a daunting task now, before grocery stores came about, having a garden …
- Doctor’s Warning: Check Baby Wipes Label For Possible Chemical That May Cause Rashes
Would you be surprised to learn that baby wipes are a relatively new product? American inventor, Arthur Julius, who later …
- Put THIS Mixture Under Your Tongue Before Bed And NEVER Wake Up Tired Again!
Sleep may be an everyday activity, but very few people give it much thought. Even those who suffer from sleep loss …