DIY Turmeric Antiseptic Ointment
Use this antiseptic cream for parasitic infections, as well as cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Before applying to your wound, test the cream on a small patch of skin a few inches away for at least one hour. This will make sure you don’t have any sensitivities or allergies to the ingredients in the cream.
- Turmeric powder (1 oz.)
- neem oil (2 oz.)
- coconut oil (1 oz.)
- freshly-squeezed lemon juice (1 oz.)
- tea tree oil (10 drops)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small glass bowl until you obtain an even consistency.
- Store in a small airtight glass or tin container with a lid.
- To use, flush the area with water, pat dry with a clean towel and apply to your wound.
- Leave it on for at least 20 minutes, and apply 3-4 times a day. Just a warning though: turmeric will stain clothes/towels.
Turmeric is a multipurpose spice with plenty of applications, not just topical ones.
To help promote healing inside and out, add turmeric to your meals and drink golden milk daily. Turmeric also goes hand-in-hand with coconut oil and black pepper (which increase bioavailability) so add these ingredients too.
This turmeric antiseptic ointment is a great solution to prevent and heal minor infections. However, it may not always be enough. Other natural antiseptics include Manuka honey, rubbing alcohol, garlic, witch hazel, and much more.
However, if you experience a persistent fever, redness and pain that progressively extends beyond your wound, or a burning sensation, visit your doctor. It also goes without saying that deep cuts and large rashes will require urgent medical attention.
- 12 Minutes A Day Is All You Need To Save Yourself From Loneliness
Every one feels a little lonely once in a while (loneliness). Some people even seek out time alone (solitude). But …
- How to Make Ginger Water to Treat Migraines, Heartburn, Joint and Muscle Pain
Flavored waters are the new health craze—and for good reason. Not only is water essential for hydration and flushing toxins …
- Why a Himalayan Salt Block Is One Of The Greatest Things You Could Own
If you’re into natural health, then you’ve probably swapped out your deadly table salt for healing Himalayan salt. Since you’re …
- These Families Are Using Medical Marijuana To Treat Their Kids And It’s Working!
Some parents are turning to cannabidiol (CBD) oil, a cannabis extract with little or none of the psychoactive compound THC, …
- 4 Common Household Chores With Unexpected Health Benefits
There’s a reason why people with regular routines lead more productive lives. As they say: A tidy home makes a happy …
- Canadian Clay Kills Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria On Contact
Is healing clay a reasonable treatment option for modern-day ills? It may become one. As we move closer and closer …
- 6 Types of Prescription Drugs That Are Robbing Your Body of Important Nutrients
According to the Mayo Clinic, seven out of ten Americans take prescription drugs. These drugs could be anything from diabetes …
- 6 Natural Mosquito Repellents That Work
Few things can be as frustrating as listening to mosquitos when trying to drift off to sleep or being bitten …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Put An Onion In Your Sock Before Going To Bed
Onions: you either love them or hate them. They do so much more for you body then just making you …
- 30 Reasons To NEVER Put Another M&M In Your Mouth Ever Again
M&M’s can be hard to resist. Especially, if you grew up with them. Yet, very few people know about the …
- 5 Essential Lifestyle Habits for a Healthy Heart
Your heart supplies blood to all of your organs, without it functioning properly, you’re going to be in trouble! Check …
- Lemon-Soda Drink: A Cyanide to Cancer Cells. Here’s How to Make It With 2 Simple Ingredients
You undoubtedly learned about pH levels in high school. But whether something is alkaline or acidic doesn’t just pertain to …
- Human Trial Shows Cannabidiol Reduces Seizures in Kids With Severe Form of Epilepsy
Years of anecdotal evidence showing the benefits of cannabidiol (CBD) in reducing the frequency of seizures in adults and children …
- Are You Washing Your Hands Correctly?
You probably wash your hands more times a day than you can count, but if you’re like most people, it’s …
- This Is Why You Should Never Let Your Dog Lick You!
Warning: the content that follows is not for the squeamish. Humans and dogs have been companions for thousands of years …