Coconut Oil Detox
“Detox” is a word that flies around alternate medicine circles all the time. But what does that mean? In North America’s jargon, it means counteracting the toxins we are constantly exposed to through the food we eat and the environment in which we live. Our bodies absorb whatever we come in contact with and some of it can cause health problems over time.
Why Coconut Oil Cleanse Is Perfect For Detoxing
Nature wants us to be healthy and provides nourishment as well as antidotes for what we may ingest that’s not so healthy. Coconut oil has been found to have numerous health benefits we are only beginning to discover. It’s versatile and beneficial in various ways, whether applied topically or taken internally.
Coconut oil’s fats are medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), whereas most other fats are long-chain triglycerides. The difference that’s important to us is how the body metabolizes the different fat molecules:
“’MCTs are transported directly from the intestinal tract to the liver, where they’re likely to be directly burned off as fuel and raise the metabolic rate slightly’ explains researcher Marie-Pierre St-Onge of Columbia University. That means less is available to be circulated throughout the body and deposited in fat tissues.”(1)
Because MCT are readily available for energy, they are perfect for a cleanse regimen when replacing regular food intake.
Health Properties of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, and kills yeast overgrowth.(2, 3) Because of its structure and direct line to the liver—through which everything we absorb passes—coconut oil is in a unique position to destroy harmful organisms before they can do any damage. That’s why coconut oil is part of this detoxifying cleanse.
Coconut oil is so nutritious, it can:
- Enhance brain health and mental clarity
- Boost digestive function and improve Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Improve blood sugar control
- Help prevent and treat degenerative brain diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis)
- Prevent cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke)
- Help against cancer
- Improve HDL (high-density lipoprotein, “good”) cholesterol
- Boost energy levels
- Increase immune function
- Lose excess body fat
- Improve thyroid function
- Improve skin tone and appearance
- Protect and restore joint function
- Balance intestinal flora
- Prevent and treat Crohn’s disease
- Protect against bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections
“The coconut palm is truly one of nature’s natural wonders. It is reported to have 1,000 uses. Every part of the coconut palm is used for some purpose. From this tree you can derive everything necessary to sustain life. It is a source of food and drink to nourish the body, medicine to maintain and restore health, and materials to build shelter, clothing, and tools to provide the necessities of life.” – Bruce Fife, ND: Coconut Cures: Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut
Cut Back on Meat and Carb-Loaded Foods
Before embarking on any body cleanse, check with your healthcare provider if you have any physical conditions.
If this is your first time doing a coconut oil detox, make sure to cut back on the amount of carbs and meat you eat throughout the cleanse.
Take coconut oil daily in small amounts for two weeks, building up to the amount called for in the cleanse. Begin with ½ to 1 teaspoon 3 times a day, gradually increasing to 1-2 tablespoons 3 times a day. When you’ve reached that amount comfortably, start the cleanse.
Also, keep in mind that during this cleanse you’ll be getting nearly half of your daily calories from coconut oil.
How To Detox With Coconut Oil
Mix 2 tablespoons raw virgin cold-pressed organic coconut oil with warm water and drink every 2 hours for 3 to 7 days. Or you can eat the coconut oil directly off the spoon. The object is to consume 10-14 tablespoons of coconut oil each day.
You can mix the oil with veggie loaded smoothies rather than with water or eat 4 ounces of fresh coconut meat per day. The flesh of the fruit provides a high dose of fiber and is probiotic.
During the detox, some people experience flu-like symptoms as the result of toxin withdrawal—the “die off” can last up to 5 days and be accompanied by headache, joint stiffness, and dizziness. Ensure you stay adequately hydrated during the cleanse; try the drink below:
- 1 cup pure organic lemon juice
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Lemon juice is cleansing and sea salt will replenish lost minerals.
- Kid Scientist Accidentally Discovers Sweet Pest Control
Not that anyone will cry over the loss of some fruit flies but one boy’s science experiment resulted in just …
- This New Device is a Dream Come True for Those Who Dread Needles
The end might well be in sight for difficult venipunctures. Health Today, tells us about a new invention being trialled by …
- Top 10 Ways To Use Coconut Oil To Protect Your Hair And Skin From Harsh Cosmetic Products
Coconut Oil rocks on its own. It’s a serious “jack of all trades” that can easily be used for your hair …
- Make This Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Drink To Detox Your Body
The human body is bombarded with toxins every single day. It is in the air at work and the yard …
- Amazing Vitamin Stops Cancer Growth And This Is How Much You Need
In fact, recent research has found that vitamin D, which your body produces through sun exposure can help prevent and …
- Candida Overgrowth – 12 Things to Avoid If You Have It
Many women suffer from recurrent yeast infections. Candida albicans is a naturally-occurring microorganism (technically, a fungus) that lives in the …
- Just 8 Weeks of Meditation Is Enough To Increase Gray-Matter In Your Brain
Just eight weeks of practicing meditation can spark measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, stress, sense of self and …
- Apple Extract Kills Colon Cancer Cells Better Than Chemotherapy Drug
Recent studies have discovered that natural compounds called Oligosaccharides, derived from apples, killed up to 46 percent of human colon cancer …
- Cleveland Clinic Doctor And Libertarian Presidential Candidate Found Dead In Hotel Room
Dr. Mark Allan Feldman, a prominent doctor and member of the world renown non-profit Cleveland Clinic, has been found dead …
- 10 Heart-Healthy Habits You Should Practice Every Day This Summer
Summer can be a dangerous time of year for those over the age of 50 and living with heart disease, …
- Terminal Hospice Patient Exposes Truth About Ensure Nutrition Drinks
Carrol Krause was a former Herald-Times reporter from Indiana. Following her 2014 ovarian cancer diagnosis, Carrol turned to the Internet …
- 6 Surprising Things Fed to US Cows!
For the most part, cattle in America are seen not as animals or living, breathing entities, but as commodities—products to …
- Fungus Found Inside Humans Identified For The First Time As Key Contributor In Crohn’s Disease
Crohn’s disease is one of the most common forms of inflammatory bowel disorders. While there are known triggers that cause …
- How To Make Smudge Sticks That Eliminate Negative Energy And Stress From Any Space
Ancient healers used the power of plants to heal both physical and spiritual ailments thousands of years ago. Today, the …
- 14 Reasons Why You’re Always Tired
The quick answer to why you’re tired is that you don’t get enough sleep. That’s sometimes not the case, however; some habits and …