Coconut Oil Detox
“Detox” is a word that flies around alternate medicine circles all the time. But what does that mean? In North America’s jargon, it means counteracting the toxins we are constantly exposed to through the food we eat and the environment in which we live. Our bodies absorb whatever we come in contact with and some of it can cause health problems over time.
Why Coconut Oil Cleanse Is Perfect For Detoxing
Nature wants us to be healthy and provides nourishment as well as antidotes for what we may ingest that’s not so healthy. Coconut oil has been found to have numerous health benefits we are only beginning to discover. It’s versatile and beneficial in various ways, whether applied topically or taken internally.
Coconut oil’s fats are medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), whereas most other fats are long-chain triglycerides. The difference that’s important to us is how the body metabolizes the different fat molecules:
“’MCTs are transported directly from the intestinal tract to the liver, where they’re likely to be directly burned off as fuel and raise the metabolic rate slightly’ explains researcher Marie-Pierre St-Onge of Columbia University. That means less is available to be circulated throughout the body and deposited in fat tissues.”(1)
Because MCT are readily available for energy, they are perfect for a cleanse regimen when replacing regular food intake.
Health Properties of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, and kills yeast overgrowth.(2, 3) Because of its structure and direct line to the liver—through which everything we absorb passes—coconut oil is in a unique position to destroy harmful organisms before they can do any damage. That’s why coconut oil is part of this detoxifying cleanse.
Coconut oil is so nutritious, it can:
- Enhance brain health and mental clarity
- Boost digestive function and improve Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Improve blood sugar control
- Help prevent and treat degenerative brain diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis)
- Prevent cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke)
- Help against cancer
- Improve HDL (high-density lipoprotein, “good”) cholesterol
- Boost energy levels
- Increase immune function
- Lose excess body fat
- Improve thyroid function
- Improve skin tone and appearance
- Protect and restore joint function
- Balance intestinal flora
- Prevent and treat Crohn’s disease
- Protect against bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections
“The coconut palm is truly one of nature’s natural wonders. It is reported to have 1,000 uses. Every part of the coconut palm is used for some purpose. From this tree you can derive everything necessary to sustain life. It is a source of food and drink to nourish the body, medicine to maintain and restore health, and materials to build shelter, clothing, and tools to provide the necessities of life.” – Bruce Fife, ND: Coconut Cures: Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut
Cut Back on Meat and Carb-Loaded Foods
Before embarking on any body cleanse, check with your healthcare provider if you have any physical conditions.
If this is your first time doing a coconut oil detox, make sure to cut back on the amount of carbs and meat you eat throughout the cleanse.
Take coconut oil daily in small amounts for two weeks, building up to the amount called for in the cleanse. Begin with ½ to 1 teaspoon 3 times a day, gradually increasing to 1-2 tablespoons 3 times a day. When you’ve reached that amount comfortably, start the cleanse.
Also, keep in mind that during this cleanse you’ll be getting nearly half of your daily calories from coconut oil.
How To Detox With Coconut Oil
Mix 2 tablespoons raw virgin cold-pressed organic coconut oil with warm water and drink every 2 hours for 3 to 7 days. Or you can eat the coconut oil directly off the spoon. The object is to consume 10-14 tablespoons of coconut oil each day.
You can mix the oil with veggie loaded smoothies rather than with water or eat 4 ounces of fresh coconut meat per day. The flesh of the fruit provides a high dose of fiber and is probiotic.
During the detox, some people experience flu-like symptoms as the result of toxin withdrawal—the “die off” can last up to 5 days and be accompanied by headache, joint stiffness, and dizziness. Ensure you stay adequately hydrated during the cleanse; try the drink below:
- 1 cup pure organic lemon juice
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Lemon juice is cleansing and sea salt will replenish lost minerals.
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …
- Here’s What You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Baking Soda (From Fighting Heartburn To Cancer)
Baking soda is one of those things that can do pretty much anything. Whether you use it for cleaning, personal hygiene …
- Try the World’s 7 Easiest Exercises for Back Fat and Underarm Flab
Fitness is a whole-body state. Muscle strength and tone along with cardiovascular health go together to complete the picture. No …
- Remove All Toxins From The Body In 3 Days (Prevent Cancer, Excess Fat And Water Retention!)
If you’re feeling tired or sluggish, it may be time to cleanse and detox your body. Things like stress, poor …
- 20 Natural Ways to Cleanse Your Lungs
Most of us take breathing for granted. Even if you don’t smoke or experience respiratory problems, an occasional lung cleanse …