The recipe you will find below contains seven of nature’s most powerful natural antibacterial and antiviral substances. But before you start making your own immune boosting tonic, let’s take a quick look at the health benefits of each ingredient.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
ACV contains high levels of acetic and malic acid as well as vitamins, mineral salts and amino acids. Some of ACV’s active ingredients are soluble fibers in the form of pectin, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, thiamin, lycopene, niacin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin and beta-carotene.
It also contains other minerals like sodium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium. All of these powerful substances work together and make ACV very effective as an antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal tonic.
Garlic has been used for thousands of years to help fight a vast number of illnesses. Garlic produces a chemical called allicin, which is what gives it its powerful smell and makes it effective as an antibacterial and antiviral food. A scientific study of 146 adults showed that taking high doses of Allicin for 12 weeks reduced the chances of catching a cold by 64%, and if a cold did set in, the symptoms were reduced by 70% in the study group.
Ginger is a very powerful and aromatic root. The aromatic smell comes from essential oils and phenolic compounds such as gingerols and shogaols in the root. Gingerols increase the movement of the gastrointestinal tract. It also has analgesic, sedative, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
4. Horseradish Root
Horseradish has been shown in laboratory tests to be antibiotic, active against a variety of bacteria so this can benefit sinus, intestinal, bladder and skin infections. Its high sulfur content contributes to its antibiotic properties.
In addition, it can be used as a vermifuge, helping kill and expel parasites from the system. It’s a powerful antioxidant, helping counteract the effects of free radicals caused by stress and environmental pollutants.
For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections. A powerful compound called quercetin in onions is known to play a significant role in preventing cancer. Onions scavenge free radicals, thereby reducing your risk of developing gastric ulcers. The phytochemicals in onions improve the absorption of vitamin C in the body, which leads to improved immune system activity. (White blood cells need vitamin C)
6. Habanero Peppers
Habaneros are one of the spiciest foods on the planet, and what makes them so spicy is a naturally occurring compound called capsaicin. This active ingredient stimulates blood flow throughout the body, which can help relieve congestion associated with the common cold and sinus infections. They also contain significant amounts of vitamin C, even more than citrus fruits!
Turmeric has been called the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. This root has been widely studied by science for its incredible healing properties. It has very powerful compounds called curcuminoids, the most important of which is curcumin.
It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. Curcumin is a bioactive substance that fights inflammation at the molecular level, blocking certain molecules from entering and disrupting proper cellular function.
Homemade Master Tonic Recipe
- 1 30 oz. bottle Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (I recommend Braggs ACV)
- 1/4 cup chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup Onions
- 2 Habanero peppers (or hottest peppers you can find)
- 1/4 cup grated Ginger
- 2 tablespoon of grated Horseradish
- 2 tablespoon Turmeric or 2 Turmeric root chunks
- Blend ingredients together for a couple of minutes
- Pour liquid back in bottle
- Compost everything else! (to avoid waste, if possible)
You can store the tonic in a cupboard for long periods of time. No need to keep in the refrigerator. You can also mix it with olive oil if you want to use it as salad dressing.
Note: Wear gloves when handling the peppers to avoid burning sensation.
How to Use
- For sore throat, gargle a bit in the mouth and swallow.
- For an illness, such as a cold or flu, take about 2 droppers full or a Tablespoon every couple of hours.
- For daily immune support drink 2 droppers full/ 1Tablespoon every day. Build up tolerance to a full shot glass.
Pro Tip: Eat an orange, lemon, or lime slice after to ease the spiciness.
- Garlic Cures 100% of Warts in Clinical Study
Warts and corns are the most common afflictions of the skin. Warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) and …
- You’ve Heard of Individual People Suing McDonald’s Before. Now, a Whole Country is Doing It.
McDonald’s has been the defendant in its share of lawsuits, the most infamous of all brought by a woman who …
- How to Make One of The Most Powerful Natural Medicine Known To Man – Turmeric Supplements
Turmeric is quickly rising as an all-healing superfood that can prevent a wide variety of chronic diseases. The East Indian …
- 6 Signs That You’re On a Good Diet
(originally written by David Sciola) Being of a Paleo persuasion, there are many foods I completely avoid that other diets …
- This Fruity Alternative Works 5x Better Than Cough Syrup
Not only is it delicious and reminiscent of the tropics, pineapple (which is neither pine nor apple) has nutrition and …
- Why Bother Soaking Nuts Before Eating Them?
A porcupine has quills, opossums act dead when threatened, and newts turn their ribs into spikes when in danger. Talk …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- This Woman Just Proved That You Can Do Almost Anything With Olive Oil. (It’s Not Just for Cooking!)
It has been called “Food of the Gods” and “Liquid Gold” for good reasons. Watch this surprising video and learn …
- Fructose Is Your Liver’s Enemy, Not Fat
There is growing scientific consensus that one of the most common types of sugar, fructose, can be toxic to the …
- Figs Are One of The Most Alkaline Fruits Available. Alkalize Your Body to Prevent Cancer!
Fig trees date back as far as Neolithic times and were known to exist circa 9400–9200 BC in the Jordan Valley. …
- 5 Foods You Definitely Should be Eating For Better Health
People always seem to have trouble with their diets. There are whole industries devoted to telling you what you should …
- 10 Best Foods To Eat To Stop Hair Loss
The sad fact of it is that once you leave your teen years behind, your hair is inevitably going to …
- 5 Natural Herbs For The Festive Season
The ‘festive season’ has begun and it’s only a few weeks to go until Christmas! Very soon our lives will …
- 5 Good Reasons to Reduce Your Alcohol Intake
Sometimes a person may need to seriously think about how much alcohol they drink. Maybe it’s time to take a …
- 12 Recipes for Gluten-Free Cookies You Won’t Be Able to Resist
Gluten is becoming an ever-increasing concern in the Western diet. The volume of people with wheat allergies or sensitivities across …