The recipe you will find below contains seven of nature’s most powerful natural antibacterial and antiviral substances. But before you start making your own immune boosting tonic, let’s take a quick look at the health benefits of each ingredient.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
ACV contains high levels of acetic and malic acid as well as vitamins, mineral salts and amino acids. Some of ACV’s active ingredients are soluble fibers in the form of pectin, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, thiamin, lycopene, niacin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin and beta-carotene.
It also contains other minerals like sodium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium. All of these powerful substances work together and make ACV very effective as an antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal tonic.
Garlic has been used for thousands of years to help fight a vast number of illnesses. Garlic produces a chemical called allicin, which is what gives it its powerful smell and makes it effective as an antibacterial and antiviral food. A scientific study of 146 adults showed that taking high doses of Allicin for 12 weeks reduced the chances of catching a cold by 64%, and if a cold did set in, the symptoms were reduced by 70% in the study group.
Ginger is a very powerful and aromatic root. The aromatic smell comes from essential oils and phenolic compounds such as gingerols and shogaols in the root. Gingerols increase the movement of the gastrointestinal tract. It also has analgesic, sedative, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
4. Horseradish Root
Horseradish has been shown in laboratory tests to be antibiotic, active against a variety of bacteria so this can benefit sinus, intestinal, bladder and skin infections. Its high sulfur content contributes to its antibiotic properties.
In addition, it can be used as a vermifuge, helping kill and expel parasites from the system. It’s a powerful antioxidant, helping counteract the effects of free radicals caused by stress and environmental pollutants.
For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections. A powerful compound called quercetin in onions is known to play a significant role in preventing cancer. Onions scavenge free radicals, thereby reducing your risk of developing gastric ulcers. The phytochemicals in onions improve the absorption of vitamin C in the body, which leads to improved immune system activity. (White blood cells need vitamin C)
6. Habanero Peppers
Habaneros are one of the spiciest foods on the planet, and what makes them so spicy is a naturally occurring compound called capsaicin. This active ingredient stimulates blood flow throughout the body, which can help relieve congestion associated with the common cold and sinus infections. They also contain significant amounts of vitamin C, even more than citrus fruits!
Turmeric has been called the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. This root has been widely studied by science for its incredible healing properties. It has very powerful compounds called curcuminoids, the most important of which is curcumin.
It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. Curcumin is a bioactive substance that fights inflammation at the molecular level, blocking certain molecules from entering and disrupting proper cellular function.
Homemade Master Tonic Recipe
- 1 30 oz. bottle Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (I recommend Braggs ACV)
- 1/4 cup chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup Onions
- 2 Habanero peppers (or hottest peppers you can find)
- 1/4 cup grated Ginger
- 2 tablespoon of grated Horseradish
- 2 tablespoon Turmeric or 2 Turmeric root chunks
- Blend ingredients together for a couple of minutes
- Pour liquid back in bottle
- Compost everything else! (to avoid waste, if possible)
You can store the tonic in a cupboard for long periods of time. No need to keep in the refrigerator. You can also mix it with olive oil if you want to use it as salad dressing.
Note: Wear gloves when handling the peppers to avoid burning sensation.
How to Use
- For sore throat, gargle a bit in the mouth and swallow.
- For an illness, such as a cold or flu, take about 2 droppers full or a Tablespoon every couple of hours.
- For daily immune support drink 2 droppers full/ 1Tablespoon every day. Build up tolerance to a full shot glass.
Pro Tip: Eat an orange, lemon, or lime slice after to ease the spiciness.
- Creamy, Decadent Fruit Many People Avoid, Yet It’s Heart Food at Its Best
It’s not difficult to find research exposing the many health benefits of avocados. Studies show that these pear-shaped fruits, which …
- Is Your Energy Drink and Alcohol Combo a Danger to Your Health
There is a trend amongst people in the United States to enjoy mixing alcoholic beverages with energy drinks. This is …
- 7 Amazing Root Vegetables That Will Boost Your Health
Vegetables grown in quality soil are not only great for boosting health, they are one of the easiest foods to …
- Why You May Want to Consider Wiping Off That Milk Mustache
Calcium is undisputedly important to strong and healthy bones. What is in dispute however is whether milk—traditionally touted as one …
- Adding Poached Eggs To Your Salad Increases Nutrient Absorption by Four to Five-Fold, Study Says
If you’re looking for a light but nutritious meal, a salad can be just the ticket – but be cautious: …
- Leave That Canola Oil on The Shelf and Forget About it!
(originally written by Dr. Stephen Gangemi) Canola oil is a staple in most homes, especially in North America. The fatty …
- What Happens When You Start Drinking Golden Milk Every Night Before Bed
It’s not uncommon to drink a warm cup of milk before bed. It is, after all, what “grandma” always recommended …
- The World’s Most Powerful Anti-Viral Vitamin Comes From The Sun
Vitamin D deficiency is now recognized as a global pandemic. As one study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition …
- These Unhealthy Food Cravings Are A Sign of Mineral Deficiencies
We’ve all experienced unhealthy food cravings at some point in our lives. Whether it’d be for some chocolate, salty chips …
- 5 Reasons Why Nutella Should be Banned from Your Breakfast Table
Nutella hazelnut spread is delicious–no doubt about it. But is nutella healthy for breakfast? Hardly. It’s more a spreadable candy bar, no mistake.
- 9 Surprising Ingredients Used in Taco Bell’s Ground Beef
With the hullabaloo surrounding labeling food products that has escalated over the years, many consumers want to know what’s really …
- Eating This Weird Looking Mushroom is a Proven Way to Relax and Boost Brain Performance
Nature provides an amazing array of resources to improve our health and boost our immunity. Mushrooms are a type of …
- Break Off Your Sugar Addiction To Prevent Cancerous Cells From Growing
The connection between sugar consumption and cancer is real. Cancer cells by nature are designed to consume sugar. In fact, cancer …
- Spicy! Chili Peppers Prevent Cancer and Could Extend Lifespan By 30 Percent
Capsaicin found in chili peppers is known to promote fat burning and increase metabolism, but researchers are now showing evidence …
- Peppermint Oil Might Be the Answer to Some of Your Health Concerns
The essential oil of peppermint is used for a variety of things, and the scent is quite popular for everything …