1. Sore Throat Gargle with Sage
The Sage used in the following recipe is a classic gargle, but other herbs such as Marjoram, Thyme or Hyssop can replace it.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried Sage leaves
- 1/4 ounce salt
Pour the boiling water over the sage, cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and add the salt. Gargle as needed. Store in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
2. Lemon Antiseptic Throat Spray
A diluted lemon spray is one of the most effective tools to knock down a cold or flu. Other herbs to use in a throat spray are lavender, eucalyptus, lemon, and peppermint.
- 15 drops Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Combine the ingredients and pour the concoction into a spray bottle. Shake well, then gently spray into your throat throughout the day.
3. Sore Throat Gargle with Baking Soda
This is a tried and true recipe. Baking soda and salt are great natural remedies for fighting bacteria and viruses.
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of warm water
Mix the ingredients together and gargle. You can also use this in your neti pot to clear out your nasal passages.
4. Gargle With Warm Salt Water
Gargling with salt water isn’t an old wives tale-it’s about one of the closest to a cures for a sore throat you can get.
- 1 cup of warm water (8 oz.)
- ½ teaspoon of table salt
Heat water until it’s warm, but not hot. Thoroughly mix in salt. Gargle. Repeat 3x throughout the day as needed. Any more than that and you risk drying out healthy soft tissue and making things worse.
5. Mix up an ACV drink
Its high levels of acidity can kill bacteria quite efficiently, and when mixed with honey it can soothe the soreness in your throat as well.
- 2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 cup of very warm water
Mix the ACV into very warm water and gargle once a day. Be careful not to burn yourself.
Don’t Like to Gargle? No Problem, Try Herbal Lozenges!
If you’re not into making gargles for whatever reason, you could try your hand and making your own herbal lozenges. Here’s a great video on YouTube that shows you how easy it is to make herbal lozenges.
- WATCH: Bacteria Invade Antibiotics And Transform Into Superbugs
This is very cool, very novel, very impressive, and fairly frightening. Over the past couple of decades, the medical community …
- This Tropical Purple Fruit Has Been Shown to Fight Colon, Breast, Pancreatic and Skin Cancer
Just when you thought you knew every health-promoting fruit out there, another odd-looking purple fruit is making headlines for its …
- Vitamin B17 May Treat Cancer But Is Illegal In The U.S.!
Ever hear of vitamin B17? Probably not. It’s found in nuts, berries, leafy greens, sprouts, tubers, and in abundance in …
- Animals’ Antibiotic Consumption Surpasses That Of Humans, Creating More Resistant Bacteria
Due to over-prescribing, many important antibiotics don’t work anymore. Antibiotic resistant bacteria are on the rise and have been for …
- Why Diet Matters for Oral Health
We talk about food for heart health and nutrition for brain health… but what about your mouth? It turns out …
- Don’t Use Products With Titanium Dioxide…You Won’t Believe How Fast It Gets Into Your Blood!
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States(1). The three most common types of skin cancer are …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Give Up Sugar And Alcohol For One Whole Month!
Let’s be frank: sugar is everywhere. It’s in virtually every processed product on the market. Because almost everything we eat …
- Iodine Can Help Prevent and Even Treat Breast Cancer
It’s unfortunate how many women believe breast cancer can’t be prevented, especially due to predispositions, but the truth is that …
- 5 Easy Ways to Prevent Kidney Disease
Kidney disease is the result of many factors including poor diet, alcohol overconsumption, and self-medication. You need to be careful of …
- Say Cheese! Incredible Ultrasound Captures Baby Smiling in His Mother’s Womb
5-month-old Leo David Hargreaves born in the UK has been smiling since before he was born, and he hasn’t stopped …
- Scarlet Fever is Back and Every Parent Needs to Watch Out for These Warning Signs
Scarlet fever is an infection of Streptococcus A bacteria and accompanies “strep throat”. Its incidence has reduced drastically over the …
- Watch What Happens To Gray Hair When You Start Drinking Wheatgrass Everyday
Gray hair can make you look a lot older than you really are. Although there’s nothing wrong with having a …
- 48 Foods to Balance Your Hormones, Boost Your Metabolism, and Lose Weight
Hormones are chemicals that the organs produce to regulate every function in the body. All processes are in delicate balance …
- This Is What It Means To Season Your Cast Iron Pans With Coconut Oil
While ceramic and glass cookware have been popular for a while, old-fashioned cast iron cookware is coming back into style. These …
- Researchers Discover That 85% of Tampons Are Contaminated With Cancer-Causing Herbicide
Your feminine hygiene products may be poisoning you (1). According to a study done by the University of La Plata, …