1. Sore Throat Gargle with Sage
The Sage used in the following recipe is a classic gargle, but other herbs such as Marjoram, Thyme or Hyssop can replace it.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried Sage leaves
- 1/4 ounce salt
Pour the boiling water over the sage, cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and add the salt. Gargle as needed. Store in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
2. Lemon Antiseptic Throat Spray
A diluted lemon spray is one of the most effective tools to knock down a cold or flu. Other herbs to use in a throat spray are lavender, eucalyptus, lemon, and peppermint.
- 15 drops Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Combine the ingredients and pour the concoction into a spray bottle. Shake well, then gently spray into your throat throughout the day.
3. Sore Throat Gargle with Baking Soda
This is a tried and true recipe. Baking soda and salt are great natural remedies for fighting bacteria and viruses.
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of warm water
Mix the ingredients together and gargle. You can also use this in your neti pot to clear out your nasal passages.
4. Gargle With Warm Salt Water
Gargling with salt water isn’t an old wives tale-it’s about one of the closest to a cures for a sore throat you can get.
- 1 cup of warm water (8 oz.)
- ½ teaspoon of table salt
Heat water until it’s warm, but not hot. Thoroughly mix in salt. Gargle. Repeat 3x throughout the day as needed. Any more than that and you risk drying out healthy soft tissue and making things worse.
5. Mix up an ACV drink
Its high levels of acidity can kill bacteria quite efficiently, and when mixed with honey it can soothe the soreness in your throat as well.
- 2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 cup of very warm water
Mix the ACV into very warm water and gargle once a day. Be careful not to burn yourself.
Don’t Like to Gargle? No Problem, Try Herbal Lozenges!
If you’re not into making gargles for whatever reason, you could try your hand and making your own herbal lozenges. Here’s a great video on YouTube that shows you how easy it is to make herbal lozenges.
- Why Biting Your Nails Is More Than Just a Bad Habit
Nail biting is a habit of many. Chronic biters aren’t even aware they’re doing it. The consequences, however, are more than …
- Victory! World’s Largest Spice Company To Go Organic And Non-GMO by 2016
Organic and non-GMO products have really taken over mainstream market trends. Last year, American spice giant McCormick announced that 80% …
- 6 Surprising Ways To Use Garlic In The Garden
As you probably already know, eating garlic is good for you. What you probably didn’t know is that it can also be …
- How To Make Detox Foot Pads At Home To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins
Foot pads have been used and sold in Japan for hundreds of years. Similar to acupuncture, which has a positive effect on people’s energetic systems, …
- Keep Bugs Away With a Non-Toxic Mason Jar Repellent
Other than being annoying, mosquitoes can actually be incredibly harmful so a mason jar mosquito repellent can be a life-saver. …
- Hair dyes are FILLED with 5,000 Types of Cancer-Causing Chemicals! Use THIS instead.
As men and women age, many choose to dye their hair to hide their graying locks. It may seem like …
- The Single Best Thing You Can Do For Your Health
In this short video presentation, Dr. Mike answers the old question “What is the single best thing we can do …
- How To Remove Blackheads Naturally Using Only 2 Ingredients
Although these two conditions have multiple factors and often require a visit to the dermatologist to fully cure, there are …
- 5 Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
By now, you know that stress is not exactly the best thing for your health. Yoga is a great stress-buster …
- Place a Few of These Leaves in the Corners of Your House and You Will Never See a Roach Again
There’s nothing like a bug infestation to make your home feel dirty and inhospitable. One of the worst residents that …
- How to Grow an Endless Supply of Lemons From Seed (This Will Last You a Lifetime)
Learning how to grow a lemon tree from seed is surprisingly rewarding and easy. While lemon trees tend to flourish outdoors year-round in …
- 64 Warning Signs You’ve Just Eaten MSG Filled Food (Reach For Ginger IMMEDIATELY)
Have you ever noticed that some foods can leave you feeling ill and foggy-headed after your meal? This phenomena has …
- How to Make Honey Ginger Cough Drops
This week I found myself with a hellishly sore throat and no cough drops in the house. Normally I *am* one …
- Why Homemade Sauerkraut Could Be Your Secret Weapon Against Fat, Cancer And Heart Disease
When it comes to probiotics, most people think of pills or yogurt, but there are many other foods that have …
- 3 Friends Built A Garden. It’s On A Roof, But That’s Not Even The Best Part.
Usually, grocery shopping in a city isn’t an experience where you have a lot of local choices. Do you want …