Everyone experiences foot problems at some point in their lives.
If you’re someone who enjoys running or exercising, chances are that you’ve had at least one of the following things:
- shin splints
- compartment syndrome
- heal pain
- achilles tendinitis, pain or tightness
- scar tissue build-up from past sprained or broken ankles (which can lead to ankle immobility and compensation patterns up your entire chain)
- limited range of motion in the ankles
- tendonitis on the tops of the feet (usually originating in the shins)
Many of these foot problems, stem from overuse of your feet and having tight calves. While stretching your calves after each workout is a good idea, in most cases, it’s not enough.
There is, however, one stretching technique that will help with all kinds of issues such as plantar fasciitis, or pain in the bottom of the feet.
This stretching technique is the best possible one-off solution you will ever find. It’s easy and saves you time by tackling both sides of your leg.
That being said, it is not a foolproof solution for everything. But doing this daily for a week will you make you feel significantly better for any the conditions mentioned previously.
How to Relieve Plantar Fasciitis (Instructions Begin at 1:35)
Using this technique you will be able to stretch ALL of your calf, more specifically the fascia in those muscles.
When you do it right you’re not just releasing your “calf” muscles (aka your gastrocnemius) but you’re also simultaneously releasing the soleus and Achilles tendon.
- Use your body weight as much as you can handle (make sure you’re not directly on your shin BONE, that will hurt and not in a good way).
- Don’t be afraid to move up and down on the calf. Once you find a good spot, hold your position and rotate your foot and point out like a ballerina.
- Remember that your fascia needs to be pinned and THEN stretched.
Your feet will thank you for doing this.
- This Almond and Kale Smoothie Contains All The Nutrients You Need For Stronger Bones
Osteoporosis is a common condition that develops as we age. The elements of bone begin to decay, making them brittle …
- Rub Pain-RELIEVING Essential Oil Blends Directly On Your Sciatic Nerve For Immediate Pain Relief
There’s nothing worse than feeling a pain that just doesn’t seem to go away, especially when it begins to limit …
- 13 Early Warning Signs of Lupus You Need to Know (And What To Do The Moment You See Them)
For many, lupus seems almost like a dream they’ll never experience. To 1.5 million Americans, the disease is very real and …
- What Most Doctors Aren’t Telling You About Colds and Flus
We’ve all heard it before – you need a vaccine to protect yourself from the flu or there’s not really …
- How To Cleanse Your Coronary Arteries With Only 3 Ingredients
A diet high in junk food and sugar can be destructive to your cardiovascular health. You may have heard about how …
- Top 10 Brain Foods You Absolutely Need to Eat! Feed Your Brain The Nutrients it Craves.
Boost your brain power and keep your cognitive processes running smoothly into old age with these top ten brain foods.
- Stress, Depression And Anxiety Are All Alleviated By Probiotics
While depression was long characterized as “chemical imbalance” in the brain, scientists have since found out that it’s much more complicated …
- Put These 10 Air-Purifying Plants Next To Your Bed For Better Sleep
Difficulty sleeping leads to lower productivity, lack of energy and poor health. Stress and anxiety cause most sleep-related issues. Many …
- Children Are Being Prescribed Melatonin Unnecessarily…Bedtime Routines Are Just As Effective
“Unless a child has a diagnosed condition such as autism that has been scientifically proven to be helped by melatonin, …
- 5 Simple Ways to Become Brainier
Stop feeling like you are at the bottom of the class when it comes to intelligence as by following the …
- 4 Foods that can Fight Depression
An estimated 1-in-10 Americans take antidepressants. That’s a shocking number of people relying on Big Pharma remedies for something that can be …
- Natural Compound Found in Celery Offers “Promising Results” To People With High Blood Pressure
[mks_dropcap style=”square” size=”52″ bg_color=”#1e73be” txt_color=”#ffffff”]D[/mks_dropcap]r. Michael Murray, a leading authority on natural medicine, says a compound found in celery seed extract offers …
- 10 Herbs To Boost The Immune System
These 10 immune supportive plants will ensure that all those nasty colds and flus going around don’t end up in …
- What to Eat for Breakfast When You Wake Up Feeling Bloated
We’ve all been there: out for dinner or at a festive party, we throw caution to the wind and over-indulge. …
- The Reason You Wake up in the Middle of the Night Isn’t Insomnia (and How to Fix It)
We know by now the importance of sleep for the brain, body, and overall health. Sleep research has found that …