Everyone experiences foot problems at some point in their lives.
If you’re someone who enjoys running or exercising, chances are that you’ve had at least one of the following things:
- shin splints
- compartment syndrome
- heal pain
- achilles tendinitis, pain or tightness
- scar tissue build-up from past sprained or broken ankles (which can lead to ankle immobility and compensation patterns up your entire chain)
- limited range of motion in the ankles
- tendonitis on the tops of the feet (usually originating in the shins)
Many of these foot problems, stem from overuse of your feet and having tight calves. While stretching your calves after each workout is a good idea, in most cases, it’s not enough.
There is, however, one stretching technique that will help with all kinds of issues such as plantar fasciitis, or pain in the bottom of the feet.
This stretching technique is the best possible one-off solution you will ever find. It’s easy and saves you time by tackling both sides of your leg.
That being said, it is not a foolproof solution for everything. But doing this daily for a week will you make you feel significantly better for any the conditions mentioned previously.
How to Relieve Plantar Fasciitis (Instructions Begin at 1:35)
Using this technique you will be able to stretch ALL of your calf, more specifically the fascia in those muscles.
When you do it right you’re not just releasing your “calf” muscles (aka your gastrocnemius) but you’re also simultaneously releasing the soleus and Achilles tendon.
- Use your body weight as much as you can handle (make sure you’re not directly on your shin BONE, that will hurt and not in a good way).
- Don’t be afraid to move up and down on the calf. Once you find a good spot, hold your position and rotate your foot and point out like a ballerina.
- Remember that your fascia needs to be pinned and THEN stretched.
Your feet will thank you for doing this.
- 7 Natural Ways to Relieve Your Neck Pain
There are some ailments that you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy – neck pain being one of them. Neck …
- Rub This Homemade Magnesium Lotion On Your Skin To Help Relieve Pain In Minutes
Everyone knows your body needs calcium for healthy bones and muscle development but there is another mineral that is just …
- Relieve Your Stiff Neck In Seconds With These 21 Simple Tricks!
Nobody likes having a stiff neck. Whether it’s long hours stuck in traffic, endless days at the office, or long …
- Drink Thyme Tea Every Morning To Help With Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto’s, Arthritis, Lupus, and Multiple Sclerosis
While spices like garlic and turmeric may be better known for their medicinal effects, they certainly aren’t the only flavoring …
- Cannabis Company Designs Pain Patch For Fibromyalgia And Nerve Pain
As research progresses, we are coming to realize the phenomenal power of the cannabis plant. In years past, the study …
- 10 Reasons Why your Feet Hurt All the Time and How to Fix it
Our feet carry us around wherever we wish to go. We, however, pay them little mind unless they’re causing some …
- Food Is Medicine: 20 Natural Painkillers Inside Your Kitchen
Believe it or not, you could have an entire kitchen full of natural painkillers. Excluding junk food and most processed …
- Big Pharma Whistleblower: Narcotic 100x Stronger Than Morphine Purposely Overprescribed
A former employee of the pharmaceutical company Insys is blowing the whistle on their unethical marketing practices. Patty Nixon used …
- 8 Symptoms of Endometriosis Many Doctors Don’t Recognize
Endometriosis is one of the least understood female conditions. Despite the fact that roughly 1 in 10 women of reproductive …
- 9 Exercises to Relieve Neck and Shoulder Pain
Neck and shoulder pain is all too common in today’s world as more and more people spend countless hours everyday …
- This Anti-inflammatory Drug Destroys Your Immune System, Fight Inflammation With These Foods Instead
Prednisone is a corticosteroid drug used to treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, blood disorders, and breathing problems (1). But …
- The Fibromyalgia Diet: 7 Foods to Help You Manage Your Symptoms Naturally
Fibromyalgia isn’t the most talked about disease, but it’s truly a difficult condition to live with. This is especially true …
- Pharma Execs Arrested In Conspiracy to Create Opioid Addicts for Profit
Drugs use has always been an issue for some people. But it was always something that happened to someone else. …
- Ohio Becomes Second State To Sue Big Pharma Over Opioid Crisis
The state of Ohio is one of the hardest hit by the opioid crisis sweeping across the nation, with southern …
- Mix Sea Salt with These 2 Oils For A Homemade Topical Painkiller
When muscle pain strikes, the first thing most people tend to reach for is ibuprofen. While nonprescription painkillers are a …